• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Accuracy Limit

Years
    • Seen today
    At which accuracy do you start to feel skepticism about an attack landing?

I start feeling iffy at 85%. (Fire Blast). It can land most of the time, but I never feel confident.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Agrees on 85%. Trusts all 90% accuracy moves. Doubts all 80% moves.

Varies on the 85% move, oddly. Seems to depend on the move's power. Expects every Screech and Fire Spin to land, but not a Fire Blast or Megahorn.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I only trust 100% or more (always hit) moves, but I'll tolerate moves that go as low as 90%.

Anything below that and I only use it if the rest of moves I have available are too crappy to pass up the opportunity of having a decent move, or if I have a set up move (like say, Hone Claws) and effectively treat the move as 2 turn move a la Solar Beam or Fly.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    If it isn't 100% accurate, it's 50% accurate.

(If you know, you know. Google it).

Anyway, I start feeling by around 75% a move won't hit. But, I've had a move with 90% accuracy miss multiple turns in a row w/o drops, so I'm starting to think that MandJtv meme is to be believed.

Years
    • Seen today
    The less accurate move I'd keep is Stone Edge, but only because Pokémon like Donphan or certain Fighting types that greatly benefit from having Rock coverage aren't likely to ohko anything with Rock Slide due to the lack of STAB (and Rock Slide isn't very accurate either anyway)

Other than that, I wouldn't keep any move below 85. Except of course Blizzard/Thunder/Hurricane + Weather, Dynamic Punch + No Guard, Compound Eyes boosted Powders, etc.

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
    If it's not 100% accurate i usually don't bother. I don't want to risk everything on a miss. Looking at you, Stone Edge.

Years
    • Age 20
    • He/they
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I have to agree. I usually stick to moves like Surf, Thunderbolt, or Flamethrower because their stronger counterparts have accuracy of 85% (or, in the case of Thunder, 70%).

It would be nice if everything that can learn Focus Miss could also learn the always-accurate Aura Sphere. They did a good job of allowing more Pokémon to learn it in Gen 8, but it still has a ways to go.

Years
    90% - anything below it I usually don't let my mons learn.
    Unless it's a move that gets it's accuracy boosted in certain weather and the mon actually has access to getting that weather up.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I can go for 80% if the payoff is worth the risk, so I'm fine with using stuff like Stone Edge or Fire Blast, though I sometimes pair a more accurate move with the imperfect accuracy move just in case. Thunder/Blizzard/Hurricane only when the Pokemon can reliably be expected to be in the conditions where the accuracy is improved.

Anything below that though I try to not use, there's a reason why Focus Blast is sometimes referred to as "Focus Miss"

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Good question!

Personally, I try to avoid moves with less than 80% accuracy, but even that's kind of a stretch for me in a way. The only time I really use moves with lower accuracy than that is when I can find ways around their accuracy, such as when using the Dynamax versions of moves or Z-Moves. Also, in other cases, I would use an inaccurate move if the accuracy can be modified, such as by a weather condition, effect, or item. Thus, I often use moves such as Hurricane and Thunder in the Rain or Blizzard in the Hail. However, other than that, I tend to avoid such moves. This especially true for Pokémon with moves that are difficult to modify. For instance, my Ovens (Heatran) could learn Magma Storm, which is a very good move because of its effect, but with 75% accuracy, it barely hits, and no weather or anything helps it be more accurate. Thus, I have no problem teaching her Fire Blast instead. Sure, Fire Blast is 85% accurate, but it's still more accurate than Magma Storm and does more damage. Also, when using Veritas (Reshiram), I prefer her to have the 85% Blue Flare than Fusion Flare because, despite Fusion Flare being 100% accurate, it does less damage at 100 power compared to Blue Flare's 130 power. I am the type of player that is willing to sacrifice some accuracy to hit as hard as possible.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Things like Blizzard/Thunder or Hurricane have dookie of accuracy that you can boost with a weather condition like it's hail and blizzard will sure hit the opponent, the tradeback with 75% accuracy for power surely a hit-or-miss which I always avoid move below 80%. Sure you want to hit hard, I just want to be more careful and plan ahead than just finishing the battle with really dookie accuracy for damage

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    80% for me. What makes me okay to have it is if I have other moves to make the accuracy more manageable, or if it has enough PP to make up for it, or if it's the only way to beat a certain boss. Otherwise I'd rather use more accurate moves.

Back