• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ace Attorney Club

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Joining~

I actually really liked AAI and I'm looking forward to the sequel. Maybe it's because Edgeworth is my favourite character? I dunno, but I think I liked Investigations more than AJ. The biggest problem I had with Apollo Justice is that they tried to make a new series but they wouldn't let Phoenix just die down. Too much focus was put on him and not on Apollo. I mean, the game's called Apollo Justice so I was expecting a little more Apollo, you know? XD;

Trials and Tribulations is my favourite Ace Attorney game btw 8D;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I loved the dialogue in AAI and I'll play its sequel if only for that, but I didn't really enjoy the actual gameplay and stuff. :( I found it a bit slow.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    WARNING: Trying to spot all the legal failures in Ace Attorney may be hazardous to your health.

1. How many times does the defendant actually appear in trials, save for Maya?

2. Why does Phoenix have to prove the witness' motive, but the police can blindly arrest people, and Edgeworth has no such task?

3. Dee Vasquez is a murderer for killing someone in self defense. Yeah, she's a Mafia-connected jerk, but still...

4. Let's see how many times Maya can be put on trial!

Last edited:

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    Hmm. Actually, I found AAI pretty slow, as well. I don't know what though. Just the pace of the game was... slow. -lacks vocab- xDD;;
    Especially the last case.

Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney looks freaking brilliant, by the way. xDD;;
    Here's the trailer to anybody who can't be bothered looking for it...

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    My favourite PW game is Justice for All! TAKE THAT.
    OBJECTION!

Your honor! That game is obviously inferior... To... Err... Nevermind...

*Is penalized*

Justice for All
    (Well, in particular, the Kurain Channeling Murder) was pretty awesome. Though the story wasn't as strong as PW1, the features, cases, and such were much, much more interesting.

Though I haven't played Trials and Tribulations yet, so... yeah.

Also, this series is committed to making me bang my head against the wall (VON KARMA-STYLE!) in frustration.

Yes, it's just a game. And yet...

My grievances with Turnabout Goodbyes are in the spoiler below.
    Spoiler:

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    As great as Trials and Tribulations was, after beating it, unlike the other games... it didn't make me want to replay it. I don't know why. It has the best story, though.
    The second game had the most interesting cases, so yeah. I think that's probably why I liked it most. Not to mention I found Turnabout Big Top really awesome. |D

Apollo Justice was good. It's just-
    Spoiler:

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    Also, another problem...

Edgeworth was supposed to have committed murder manslaughter when he was nine.

He was a minor back then. Whether or not he feels horrifically guilty, it's... completely and totally absurd to try a twenty-four year old man for manslaughter of his father that he may or may not committed after five hours of duress and oxygen deprivation, in an attempt to defend his father.

And, once again, we know that Guilty = Death penalty.

SO YEAH.

>_<

Cherrim

Years
    I think the absurdity of trying a 24yo. for murder supposedly committed when he was 8 is pretty easy to understand when in the same trial, you bring a parrot to the stand.

:P You're looking to far into the ridiculous plot twists.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    Eh, the parrot one is actually... understandable, considering what courtroom antics have been pulled in the real world.

This one is just...

Eh. They even specifically say that it's ridiculous to accuse Cody Hackins of murder.

He's older than 9.

Yeah.

I know I'm looking too far into it...

Rainy Day

Perfect Weather
    Years
    Ace Attorney Club

Ello people! May I join? =]

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    OBJECTION! EUREKA! (NOTE: I would like to join)

A brief introduction: I'm a n00b in this forum that goes by the name of Nutella. I also am a frequent visitor of FanFiction (which is a guilty pleasure, you could say).

I'm going to completely disregard the topic at hand, and just take the opportunity to say how much I love the AA series... however, Miles' "Logic" gets me every time. I start cracking up.

Cherrim

Years
    Sad news today. :( Capcom confirmed they won't be bringing Ace Attorney: Investigations 2 over here. Wouldn't be profitable enough, I think.

I'm not... THAT saddened because I probably wouldn't have bought it anyway (didn't like the first one) but I love their localizations so I'm disappointed I won't get to read the dialogue. ;o;

Cherrim

Years
    Yeah, I got it. xD;

https://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/...gations-2s-release-plans-change-all-the-time/

:( I know, AAI certainly didn't do very well. (Even some big fans of the series I talk to didn't know it existed until quite a while after its release.) But hopefully they change their mind like it implies they might but... that was a very definite and formal answer to give in an interview so I'm not too sure... u_u

Back