• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ace Attorney VS Professor Layton

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
  • well, i love both games a whole lot, so i was which game people like better?

.... okay, i lied. this thread isn't about which one is your favourite,
    because an official game is being created, combining the games in an awesome puzzle-solving and contradiction finding adventure!

(the official japanese logo)

the story is set in Labrinyth City (sounds like a puzzle city, doesn't it?), where, as usual in Laytons series, a number of impossible occurences have... occured.

Labyrinth City is home to witches in the shadows, and and controlled by an evil villian who goes by the name 'The StoryTeller'. There is also an unnamed girl to the center of the plot. She is accused of being a witch by Layton, but is contradicted by Pheonix Wright.

So far the characters are
    Pheonix Wright
    Maya Fey
    Professor Layton
    Luke Triton
    Story-Teller
    and the unnamed girl.

of course, the game is in it's early development process. the game has only been announced in Japan, and it is not known if it will be translated into english or other languages.

So, discuss and whisper in excited hushed vioces, yadda yadda :) .
    -

i for one, am psyched about this game. as i love both Pheonix Wright and Professor Layton, and if it isn't released in English i will learn Japanese just to play it :P .
    ..i just hope Pearl makes an appearance :) .

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • The Layton games didn't do much for me, but any excuse for another Phoenix Wright game is a good one, in my books.

i adore both series, but i must admit the storyline of pheonix wright beats layton by a slim margin. in some cases the good guy is evil and the whole courtroom is an uproar

then everyone's confused

and i love it when i found out what happened before the storyline

and the unexpected plot twists

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I must say the trailer for this game amazed me. I was so disappointed when I heard it was going to be a game and not a movie. |D I'm still behind on the DS console, so yeah... It looks like an awesome game (I loved Prof. Layton and the curious village) worth playing.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • lol impo

I like Ace Attoney than Layton. better. Layton has words, but Wright has EVIDENCE. EVIDENCE.

And WRIGHT HAS VOICE ACTING XD. :O

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • When I saw the trailer for this game a while back, the only thing that ran through my head was:
    "Oh mah gawd, Oh mah gawd, Oh mah gawd, Oh mah gawd, Oh mah gawd, Layton VS Phoenix!? Oh mah gawd, Oh mah gawd, Oh mah gawd, 3DS."

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • ahhhh, i saw the trailer :D

and apparently it may not go outside of japan :'(

they have to make it outside japan... please ?

here's the trailer for those who care

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • It sure is cOLD in here.

^typical GameFAQs response. Haha.

But seriously, I've known about this for months but I suppose it's nice to spread the word around even if it is really old news. I'm quite excited for it but I can't imagine how the game would work.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I am so excited. This is the only game that makes me absolutely excited for the 3DS and every time it gets brought up, I'm almost giddy with anticipation. I love the Layton series and I love the PW series. I've often thought they'd be interesting in a crossover and now that it's actually happening... omg. :)

I'm really curious to see how they're gonna handle it. The games have pretty different gameplay, all things considered. I guess the "investigation" part of PW can probably be replaced with the Layton style of gameplay (solving puzzles & walking around talking to people/examining things) and in the courtroom it'll be a bit more traditional PW with some of the cross-examination "puzzles" being actual puzzles?

And I'm excited to see cutscenes in a PW game. :D I can't wait!

Backup

Maybe Next Time
    Years
  • I couldn't believe it when I first had heard about it.

I mean, I didn't think that they would ever put Phoenix Wright and Layton TOGETHER.

I am expecting this game to be amazing. :D I'm rather excited for it. ... Hopefully it comes to America, though. :(

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I am so excited. This is the only game that makes me absolutely excited for the 3DS and every time it gets brought up, I'm almost giddy with anticipation. I love the Layton series and I love the PW series. I've often thought they'd be interesting in a crossover and now that it's actually happening... omg. :)

I'm really curious to see how they're gonna handle it. The games have pretty different gameplay, all things considered. I guess the "investigation" part of PW can probably be replaced with the Layton style of gameplay (solving puzzles & walking around talking to people/examining things) and in the courtroom it'll be a bit more traditional PW with some of the cross-examination "puzzles" being actual puzzles?

And I'm excited to see cutscenes in a PW game. :D I can't wait!

This to the highest factor. This this this this and more this. Exactly my sentiments, down the the smallest serif or lack thereof.

This is going to be amazing. I know it will. Level-5 is amazing and Capcom is amazing and when their games are hyped it's usually with good reason.

This is going to be amazing.

Back