• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Achievements?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • What do you remember are your greatest video gaming achievements, and how long did it take you to accomplish those achievements? What were those video games that you felt really accomplished on playing? Feel free to give lists, or some other form of explanation!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Beating Soul Calibur V. Now that might not be an accomplishment to most people, but I am absolutely horendous at arcade-type fighting games so being able to beat that after constant grinding and do-overs was pretty special for me.

Ponyta

Diamond Hooves
    Years
  • 100% on Bayonetta. I pre ordered, and it took me roughly 3 months or so to do it after soooo much frustration in hard mode

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • Most of my best ones are in Rift. Cleared all content before next tier's release from T2 of chocolate -T1 of the expansion. Shard first RA HK. Shard first Progenitor (Europe 3rd by literally 1 minute), Matriarch, Goloch, and Crucia (prenerf, same week the top two guilds in EU couldnt kill on our shard). All on the largest and most populated shard in Europe at the time.

Also I had to keep up a reputation as an elitist snob which is so hard!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Most recent: cutting off Kalameet's tail in Dark Souls to get the Obsidian Greatsword. Most of the time it's airborne and out of reach, so one has to trigger certain attacks from him in order to actually hit the tail. Not to mention it took around eight hits to do so. Looking back on it now, it's probably not all that difficult, but at the time it was.

On the topic of Dark Souls, defeating Ornstein & Smough the first time was a major accomplishment for me. I had a lot of difficulty with that boss fight, and it took me around twenty tries before giving up and taking a break. I went back to playing DaS later, but I made a new save file instead. Why? Because I felt that I didn't have a good grasp on the game just yet. On this save, I decided to play through the game by practicing rolling and avoiding damage, rather than constantly blocking with a shield. By the time I got to Pikachu & Snorlax, it was a breeze. It just clicked then, and only took me two or three tries to succeed.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Hm... I never have a definite answer for this but I will answer this once again.
    Risette's Hardcore Fan trophy and Platinum trophy (which obviously required Risette) for Persona 4 Golden. Considering how random Risette trophy was and how many people weren't capable of obtaining it or dedicated a whole playthrough just to get makes me feel good that I got it in the first playthrough.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Beating Halo Reach on Legendary, Mass Effect 3 on Insanity, Alice Madness Returns on Nightmare, and getting an S Rank on all the boss fights in Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 are a few that comes to mind.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, one of the most recent would be getting master prestige on Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. It's taken me about three months to get it all done, and I'm really glad I did, because not many people actually have it. I've also improved my skills a ton while I was at it; before, I had no idea how to quick-scope with snipers and whatnot. Now, though, I definitely do. However, there are still some tricks that I need to learn.

Aside from that, I also managed to get Hylian shield in Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. It's the master of all shields, and could block any attacks that enemies throw at you. It's amazing. n_n"

Silver Soul of Johto

Journey's end
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2016
    Getting all the trophies but the online ones in Catherine. That game at up most of my summer when it came out and I actually had time to dedicate to games ;_;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Beating Kindgom Hearts: Birth by Sleep: Final Mix at level 1 with all characters. (On Critical, although I don't know if I have to mention that because I think it's impossible to get the Zero EXP ability on other difficulties?) It took me soooo long and I even ended up doing the extra plot episode that was only in FM for the first time at level 1. It was so exhilarating. ;w; I kind of want to do it again but I don't think the experience would be as good on the PS3 when 2.5 comes out.

Also, just plain beating New Super Mario Bros. Wii with my roommates was an adventure. It's so much harder with multiple people, especially when you all suck at the game. Some levels were just "okay, who's best at this level? you? okay, we'll bubble then and you run through." It was terrible! But the immense satisfaction of finally beating the last level after such a trying journey was amazing. Still not sure if it was worth all the frustration though.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Doing the Three Heart Challenge on Twilight Princess, with Zora Armor while using the Ordon Sword (except against Ganon since you need the master sword.) and no Shield. This is the only self-imposed (not including nuzlocke) challenge I've ever done in a video game, and my god, was it a pain. But it was so worth it at the end. After countless of deaths from literally anything, it was nice to savour victory over it. (however, I didn't even attempt the Cave of Ordeals since everything in the damn cave kills me in one hit.)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Getting 100% on platformers, particularly the Donkey Kong Country games, always makes me feel accomplished.

I mean, I probably have done something more worth talking about, but I can't think of any other games that make me yell "YES!" when I finally beat the final, secret level like I do in a platformer. When I got a 100% Tropical Freeze the past weekend I actually threw my arms up and cheered. I'm gonna attempt 200% later.

Oh yeah, managing to beat Tropical Freeze co-op with my bro is an accomplishment as well. In the Mario game we usually get in the way of each other, but in DKCTF we actually had to work together. I was Batman, and he was Robin following my lead. We had to play accordingly and it was an amazing sense of satisfaction when we beat a hard level.

Crystin

Master of Swords
    Years
  • I'd have to say clearing Disappearance of Hatsune Miku on Expert in Project Diva: Extend for the PSP. That was brutal and painful. Q.Q

I still can't beat Intense Song of Joy though. ;_;

Scandalice

now known as Sukyandaru
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2015
    I guess it would have to either be completing almost all (still haven't unlocked final level) of the levels in Super Mario 3D Land, or maybe completing Etrian Odyssey II's main storyline.

Years
  • While not the most difficult of achievements, getting a Platinum trophy on NHL 11 is up there as one of my bests, considering how time consuming that it was. Under absolutely perfect conditions, the minimum amount of time spent playing online to get a Platinum is 225 hours, though I was well over 400 by the time I finished the online trophies. Offline trophies probably ate up another 150 hours, which means I played that game twice as long as any others, including the Pokemon ones. At least I got a "tangible" reward from my time well spent, though!

TY

Beating Tiberian Sun on the hardest difficulty. Why did I even start on this as it took me ages in the micromanagement missions to beat them without losing too much in case the mission wasn't over yet and then completely got wrecked. Even in the normal missions they kept attacking me over and over again. Suprisingly the Nod side was a tad easier than the GDI one, despite having weaker units.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I've always been stupidly proud of getting all achievements for Dark Souls on the 360, then on Steam, then the platinum trophy on PS3 (yes I have it for all three platforms I'm insane) wooooo

Beating Mega Man games without dying also feels pretty special. Otherwise I dunno, I guess I feel good about doing everything you can possibly do in a game (hardcore completionist).

Years
  • My greatest achievements you say? Ok, let me think. I remember that I felt really satisfied when I happened to beat the Omega Weapon from FFX at some point.

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Oh my, where to start... XD

I remember feeling really happy about my level 98 Charizard on the original Red version. I'm not exactly sure how I managed to get it that high, but I was proud of it. (Still kinda am)

On the subject of Pokemon, I'm always proud when I manage to breed, train, and raise a competitive team of my own without using any devices or guides other than Bulbapedia to look up what is available, even if it happens that the team only works once for me in a friendly battle, because afterward I know I tend to be easily predictable.

Getting Silver III ranked in League of Legends on a laptop with no external mouse in season 2. I may have dropped to Silver V by the end of the season because I didn't play ranked for awhile afterward, but that's where I placed, much to the amazement of most people I tell about the mouse situation.

Back