• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Action Replay DUO Help

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    I know that this is a very old action replay and I never got to update mine from the 1.01 firmware when I had it on my old computer. My dad has my old 98 and I was wondering if I could update the firmware on that and then use it on my Windows 7 laptop. Would that work?

Also I am having an issue where when I go to select my codes for a game the action replay will boot automatically without letting me select any codes or add any codes and this happens for any game and after I factory reset it. I know this is an old AR but I want to know if I can fix this problem because I can't find my newer one I am afraid it got tossed out by accident and these are really expensive to get now.

Years
    I'm assuming that by update firmware you mean to update the card? Because to be honest I don't think that will effect its compatibility with Windows 7. If it isn't working right now then I think it'd be a driver issue. If it is then you should get a small bubble pop up saying that a driver failed to install. In that case you should search for a driver to install manually and then it should work. You'll still need to have the action replay software installed on your computer though.

And as for that skipping the menu thing I'm pretty sure that you need to hold down a certain combination of buttons at the boot menu and it'll load into the cheats menu. Then you can just look through the options menu and change the setting that makes it boot the game automatically. If that doesn't work try booting just the action replay card without a game in it and looking through the options.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    The drivers for it aren't compatible with anything above XP I found out on Codejunkies website. When it automatically boots it starts at the main menu I can then select a game without problems but will automatically boost without letting me select cheats for that game or any game even if it isn't the one that is in the cartridge.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    Team Fail: This isn't an action replay DS this is one that was for the GBA which had the ability to save DS saves but not use codes for it. Its basically the last GBA Action Replay they made.

Hybrid Trainer: The compatibility mode won't make the drivers work because I have to patch it and when I look for a file to use for drivers I go to the folder and it can't find the file since it isn't compatible. Also it works, it boots up but if you go to a game on it like where you would put in codes for the game you can't do anything and the AR will try to auto boot whatever game your looking at up so I cant add codes or delete codes or anything.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    They're updated in the same way though. It depends on the firmware that it may be on.

OK yeah I have a 98 at my dads I can use but I still can't figure out what is causing the game to start up without my input on the code selection screen. I am hoping that maybe it will fix itself when I update the firmware on the Windows 98 pc so that I can use it then.

But basically I can look at the game selection screen for what games I have codes for on the AR but when I select a game it automatically starts without letting me go back, add any codes, or edit anything and I don't know why.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    You might have to use a different button. Game Enhancers are funny that way. (My GS SP makes me use Select to edit/add a code, A to (de)select a code and Start to run the game pack.)

Try finding an online PDF version of the instructions manual. The best place to look first would be the Codejunkies page for your region, or else try Google.

I don't think you still understand what is going on. When I am at the game selection I can press on Pokemon Emerald or Pokemon Sapphire then when I select a game it immediately says "Starting Game" and I can't do anything to stop it so I can add any codes or select anything. I tried looking at the manual didn't help I am hoping when I upgrade the firmware it will be fixed because otherwise it works just fine.

Back