• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Action Replay

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2010
    Who uses it?

I traded in a bunch of 360 games and got a nice store credit so I bought AP and another copy of HG to cheat on, it is really fun in my opinion, makes the game more enjoyable to me not having to battle every 10 seconds while in grass.

Last edited:

ThePikachuDude

Yes, I do liek mudkips
    Years
    It kind of ruins the game. If you have beaten the game like 5 times then it's fun. Sometimes it is fun when it is hard. I enjoy impossible gyms that take me 5 tries. Gyms that take 1 try and 5 minutes are boring. I have an action replay but I only used it after I beat the game 10+ times.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2010
    Yeah, that's why I bought an entirely separate copy of HG so I can still continue on training to beat Red on my original one.

I like cheating on all sorts of games, I think it livens the game up.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    How much are they?

I can't get one...I'm kinda softening my parents up to my pokemon gaming habits, mainly by avoiding my dad and using mum's credit card to buy manga :P

It does sound fun...particularly as my Diamond is glitchy as hell anyway...if I got a job next year, I'd definitely buy it. Just for the cloning, egg hatching, etc.

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
    my bros friends AR whiped all the data on all the games, so he got a new one, gave me the old one, and then the new 1 broke:)
    AND i fixed my new AR
    woop free action replay

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I only use it once i've completed the game to be honest! I don't think its right cheating through the game since you don't really get that sense of acomplishment!

my bros friends AR whiped all the data on all the games, so he got a new one, gave me the old one, and then the new 1 broke:)
    AND i fixed my new AR
    woop free action replay
    lol, every AR you buy has cheats already loaded for most games (of course not all since new ones get released and you have to update them with the software!)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    The thread isn't asking for or discussing codes for AR, so I find it fine. However, since AR can be used for more than just HG/SS, I'll move this to General Pokémon Gaming for further discussion.

As for myself, I don't have Action Replay. Always worried it would mess up my game file, plus it just ruins the fun for me. So, it's a no go on my part. :\

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I use it for clone,Quick egg hatching and items on my pokemon platinum but that is all.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
    People who use action replay to complete the game are complete n00bs who don't have the skill to complete such a simple game by themselves. You know all they Pokemon you cheated to get, and thought they were absolutely awesome because they had 999 in every stat? Well, they aren't, because you have put no effort into the game whatsoever.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
    Action Replay and Poksav is slowly killing Pokemon. What's the challenge or fun in a game if you can just hack your way to victory. Then you get people who say: "Well I just use it to get my ev and iv Pokemon." People today have no patience. I'll get off my soap box.

Years
    I always use Action Replay for Pokemon games. Mainly for useless stuff like quick egg hatching, the occasional quick level up and getting more rare items and sometimes getting that Pokemon that keeps alluding me. The things I don't use it for are giving my Pokemon insanely high stats with no effort.

I'm one of the many people going around leveling up my Pokemon the old fashioned way.

Also, I have been using an AR for years and I have NOT had a game been deleted.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
    People who use action replay to complete the game are complete n00bs who don't have the skill to complete such a simple game by themselves. You know all they Pokemon you cheated to get, and thought they were absolutely awesome because they had 999 in every stat? Well, they aren't, because you have put no effort into the game whatsoever.

You are right, but i also have action replay, and i use it for various tasks.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
    I never use mine to complete the game. I only use it to help with leveling, EVing, and breeding. Because I don't have the time to get all my guys up to level 100 on my own, I'm too busy.

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
    I'm still yet to get a Pokemon to Lvl. 100. My highest so far is 81 (Lucario and Luxray) on Pearl.

I think, for me, using an AR would take the fun out of it. Also, I don't battle competitively, so these 'flawless' IV Pokemon don't bother me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Just coming in to say that as long as people aren't asking for codes and chizz, this thread will be allowed to stay up, since there are constant AR discussion threads that go sour. Just make sure y'all ain't the next to turn it haywire.

As for the discussion itself, the only times I've used AR is for event Pokemon, and when I experimented in 6th grade to get a ton of Master Balls and Rare Candies. o3o I also have all the TMs on my storage Diamond. Other than that though, I don't like to use it.

PokeLawry

Pokemon Master!
    Years

I Use Action Replay, not ALL THE TIME, Like the thread-starter, i bought a seperate copy of Soul Silver, just for AR. But anyway, I'm not a 'n00b' for using it, You're 14, yes? I've been playing pokemon since around the time you were BORN. That is all. :) Action Replay is a wonderful thing. Accept it. Embrace it.

PKMN Trainer Alison

I'll follow you into the dark.
    Years
    I use an AR for events that I can't attend, Occasional quick egg hatching and sometimes just to see what I can find while walking through walls.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i have one. and i use it but all of the codes dont affect my pokemon. the only thing i really use it for is cloning and iv/ev checking. sometimes fast egg hatch but thats about it. tho i do admit i try some weird cheats on my extra copy of diamond that i restart just for the legendary pokemon.
    and sometimes its fun to find the weird little things with walk through walls. which is only with extra copys of my games. (btw if u walk into the trees behind your house in hgss there is a random person there XD)

Years
    I'm using AR via emulator... Mostly for Mystery Dungeon 3, this game is quite hard to play without AR. Naturally I make a backup and save game a lot before using it. I know about some consequences from using them.

Back