• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Activating abilities on mega evolving.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2016
    Okay, so recently after I incorporated Mega Evolutions into my game, and set their abilities, I realised, they weren't activating in-battle ._. . How do get this to work properly? Thanks in advance!

Example:

I want Mega Sceptile's ability (Lightning Rod) to activate when he's evolved. but this does not happen ._. .

DeKay

Mega Evolved
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    Okay, so recently after I incorporated Mega Evolutions into my game, and set their abilities, I realised, they weren't activating in-battle ._. . How do get this to work properly? Thanks in advance!

Example:

I want Mega Sceptile's ability (Lightning Rod) to activate when he's evolved. but this does not happen ._. .

Mega Evolutuons and Abilities are in Essentials already.
    But you could also check out the Gen 6 Project.
    You can get a scripts file there that includes this as well and some other Gen 6 stuff.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2016
    Mega Evolutuons and Abilities are in Essentials already.
    But you could also check out the Gen 6 Project.
    You can get a scripts file there that includes this as well and some other Gen 6 stuff.

... Maybe you should take another look at the question Haha. I already set their abilities and everything. But when I'm in the battle their abilites DO NOT CHANGE. Instead they keep their original formes ability.

DeKay

Mega Evolved
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    ... Maybe you should take another look at the question Haha. I already set their abilities and everything. But when I'm in the battle their abilites DO NOT CHANGE. Instead they keep their original formes ability.

1) Did you implement Mega Evolution yourself?
    2) Which Version of Essentials are you using?
    3) Does your ability not change AT ALL in battle or is it only on the turn of the mega evolution?

###

As far as I know Mega Evolution works fine in Essentials 14 and it also works fine in the Gen 6 Project (that's all I was saying earlier).

If you are using one of the just named Versions. Look over your Form Code again. Because you might have messed that up then. If you are 100% sure you didn't -> Look at the Gen 6 Project. It already includes Mega Sceptile. (Use it as a reference)

Back