• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Activities That You Like To Do

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
There are many things I like doing for my enjoyment. I try to make most of my activities self-enriching one way or another, and I always look at them from a creative point of view. I like watching educational videos on youtube, especially mathematics-related. Sometimes, when I am bored in class, I'll just use a graph paper notebook to start fiddling with index statistics, or I'll draw hilbert curves. I think that working with mathematics is a lot more creative than many people suspect, which is also why some people find it odd that a guy who excels at mathematics in school also has a hobby in writing.

Oh, yeah, on that account: writing. It's one of my most procrastinated on, but most enjoyable pastimes. Most of my writing stems from roleplaying nowadays, because it tends to be a bit harder to procrastinate for several months on that with peer pressure and the fact that not posting in a thread for several months means you're out of the RP. I really want to try and write original works, but I am often tied between writing furry fiction or making it more mainstream audience friendly. Then I also have a big fear for the blank page. Just starting a novel is terrifying to me, but once I make the first strokes, pen down the first sentences, the words roll onto the screen at bullet pace. I like to create stuff, and I want to create a lot. I sometimes draw maps of fictional countries, with complete geography, rivers, town names, sub-divisions, and when I feel like it, I start laying out the political system, culture, history, economy, etc., sometimes even created a constructed language for its inhabitants.

Of course, I thoroughly enjoy reading too. I've been devouring books again since the beginning of this year: Catch-22, The Catcher in the Rye, Fahrenheit 451, and currently Slaughterhouse-Five. I'm looking forward to starting reading Pullman's His Darkest Materials trilogy after I am done cackling at 157 pages of Vonnegut's wit.

When I am just in need of winding down, I play myself some pokémon games; try to relieve myself from a stressed out day. There's something that always captivates me about pokémon games, and has still held its grasp on me after all the years I've played it that makes me feel so blithe when playing it. Maybe it's the tune, maybe it's the thought of playing the story of a character who finds friendship in places he doesn't expect to find them. As with almost everything, I try to play pokémon creatively, and I've made a fun project to write my pokémon Ruby nuzlocke run into a story that I have currently been procrastinating on for...lemme check...3 months. Go me!

I do think that my need to constantly create for my artistic self-enrichment has helped me to find purpose in wanting to consume knowledge in a broad scale of topics. I am apt at linguistics, I can work with complex statistics easily, I know my geography pretty well, I read through articles of world history, I explore literary themes, and drastically improve my ability to eloquently state my thoughts in English words. It helped me become more world aware, I think.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Why Have I answered this yet ?

I like playing party games on my game consle with my daughter, litsening to music on YT, watching anime, drawing the Ninja squad and Posting on forums.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I like playing video games, drawing, watching anime, browsing the web, and oddly enough I actually like cleaning and organizing my room, lol. I love to read and write but lately I haven't found a lot of time to really engage myself in those activities.

I love when my room is spotless and so organized, haha.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
learning k-pop dance steps:me my sister enjoy doing that from time to time specially in summer

writing:i love writing stories...horror and fantasy, transferring through time is my favorite <3

internet:i enjoy my time online here and there ^^

walking and listening to music

later will add traveling save save save then travel to a place then save save save and travel to another one and i'll enjoy the company of me lovely bf :3 <3

Silversnk

Valar Dohaeris
Years
I enjoy playing guitar and listening to music, it makes me feel relaxed and forget about everything else, and when that happens I can get my creative side out of the shell.
I also enjoy taking a shower, as being the shower associated with relaxing and unstressful activities, it let's me get a bunch of ideas. Too bad they're gone as soon as I take a step out

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Art stuff. Drawing, Photographing and Photoshopping, Sketching. And of course reading, stargazing, playing computer games and sleeping.

Back