• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adam's (New!) Pokémon Adventure Comic (It's New!)

Adam_148

Pokemon Master
Years
  • OK, it may be that some of you have never heard of me (have you been living under a rock? :P), which, I suppose, is understandable, my last 'proper' activity here was a year a two ago. I had a comic here (had a similar title as well). Admittedly, it was slated for the story changing far too much, and for a lack of (*gasp*) speech bubbles, but to be honest, I couldn't be bothered to make any, and eventually gave up on the comic (people were complaining).

So, I am (officially) back, with a proper storyline, correct spelling, and (*drumroll*) speech bubbles!

This one is a fresh start, no relation whatsoever to the previous comic, except for the main character having some semblance to the main character in the previous one (it's ME!).

So, I haven't actually planned anything out yet (:P), so, we'll have to wait and see, so prepare for the comic:

Series #1: Who's doin' what now?
    Issue #1: And it begins...
    Part #1: Did she just say that?
    Part #2: *Bring* Ugh, what now?
    Part #3: So, where am I going? (I apologise for this, but Photobucket won't host it for some reason)

Main Characters
    Adam's (New!) Pokémon Adventure Comic (It's New!)
    At 15 years old, Adam is an experienced Pokémon Trainer, but by no means serious, or in any way mature. He's caught (almost) every Pokémon (that we know of), and is bored out of his mind when our adventure begins. His first Pokémon was a Charmander (which has refused to evolve, and won't leave his house), but he keeps his Mew (which he met when exploring some ruins near the Tohjo Falls, he woke up on the ceiling) outside of it's Pokéball because whenever he tries it teleports out of the way. While he is the procrastinating, fun-loving, sick-minded weirdo that he is, his twin sister, Chrissie, has taken responsibility, and calls him once a week, just to make sure he hasn't found (yet another) way to hurt and/or kill himself. According to Adam, his mother is highly overprotective, which explains why he doesn't spend much time at home.

Credit:
    Spoiler:

Note: You will see words that will confuse you (and you will berate me for spelling) if you are American, but the fact is: I'm British, and that's how we Brits spell things, so leave me alone.
    PS: It's not Aluminum, it's Aluminium, get it right!
    NOTE: I don't actually have a twin sister.

Last edited:

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • Not amazing, but it's good enough.
    Make sure the text fits inside the speech bubble. Otherwise it looks disorganized.
    The whole 'We hoe to see you again' joke is far too overused, as is the whole 'Pikachu shock thing.' So as of now your lacking in the humor section.
    Don't include credits in the last panel, or the 'To be Continued'. Just don't do it, because it's so wasteful. Also, it's self explanatory that it will be continued. If it wasn't going to be continued then you should put a notice, but don't patronize your readers. The bright colors also detract from your comic.
    I was never a big fan of the 'I HAZ MEW LOL!!11' thing, but it's okay.

Adam_148

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • OK, thanks for the crit, I'm trying to fit it into the speech bubbles, but this is only starting off, so it should improve (no promises :P). As for lacking in the humour section? Doesn't really bother me. And I was going to remove the 'To Be Continued' bit, and add more frames (to about 12, 3 across, 4 down), so, I'll get working on it, and a new comic should arrive shortly.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Yeah, the whole "LOL I M POGEYMAHN MASTER" thing is old and boring, you do it in every comic you make.

The presentation could be a lot crisper and better too.

Keep it up though.

Adam_148

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Yeah, I do so because I have this really deluded view of myself. But meh, doesn't bother me. As for the presentation, well... I'm working on that.

As for the last part: will do!

Edit: Part #3: So, where am I going? is up. It's on Imageshack because Photobucket won't host it for some reason. Anyway, enjoy!

Last edited:

adwajr

Bored Trainer... *yawn*...
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Good to see you working up those comics again, if that is what you have been doing these2 years...

I do agree with NovaPirate that speech bubbles should be big enough.
    What I would do is to make the text, then add the bubble around it.

I hope to see you make progress of this comic, just like your others.

AND:
    I love your full trainer sprite. It looks way better than any I could create.

Good luck!

Adam_148

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • OK, noted down. All I've been doing for the last who know's how long procrastinating. I'm good at that (clearly). Thanks for the praise of the trainer sprite, like I said in the credits, it is an edit of a couple of Coronis' sprites, smashed together into a procrastinated mess (*evil laugh*).

Last edited:
    Back