• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Add a route to multiple squares on the Town Map

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Trying to figure out how to add a route to multiple places on a map.
    I have the route in a single section right now, just want to know how to get it to cover the whole route on the town map.
    Add a route to multiple squares on the Town Map

Do I have to have multiple bits for a route and have each section of the route be a spot on the town map, or is there an easier way?
    I'm using RPG Maker XP with Pokemon essentials

Sir_Tman

Overworked game Dev
    Years
  • Well it depends
    If you have made your route one map then you can just put it as one square.
    If you have your route as multiple maps (i.e. 3 maps) the you could put map markers across each one.

I'm not sure if this is what you are asking for?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    If you are following the tutorial for the region map (https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Region_map)
    then you know how it works: you describe sets of coordinates of the minimap. This means that if you give the same exact name to a place, like this:

Point=14,9,"Route 2",,,,,
    Point=14,8,"Route 2",,,,,

Then your route should cover a wider section of the minimap.

A problem you might run into is that in the Metadata section you can only choose a single spot for the map. Maybe a solution would be to split the map in several maps as Sir_Tman said.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Yeah, I just wanted to avoid deconstructing all my routes and their events just to solve this little problem. Oh well, shouldn't be a big deal. Thanks for the help guys!

Back