• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Add legendary battle

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2021
    Hello,

I'm trying to add some of my own legendary battles to fire red. I want them to be exactly like the existing legendaries so that I can see it i walk upto it and when i talk it initiates a battle.

What tools do i need and how do i do this.

Also I am trying to add in pokemon being given to you like in yellow, again how do i do this?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2021
    Scripting blew my mind, I decided to use PKSV as it has a template in which as a complete beginner I could do with. However when I press 'A' against my sprite it doesnt start the battle script. Any Ideas?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2021
    Yeah, you should really use XSE over PKSV

I don't doubt that but as PKSV has the templates until I get used to seeing the correct form for it and language etc. I don't have a clue.

here is my script

#dyn 0x740001
    #org @start
    special 0x187
    compare LASTRESULT 2
    if == jump 0x81A7AE0
    special 0x188
    lock
    faceplayer
    checksound
    cry MEW 2
    waitcry
    pause 0x14
    playsound 0x156 0x0
    battle MEW 1 NONE
    setflag 0x807
    special 0x138
    waitspecial
    clearflag 0x807
    special2 0x800D 0xB4
    compare LASTRESULT 1
    if == jump 0x8162558
    compare LASTRESULT 4
    if == jump 0x8162561
    compare LASTRESULT 5
    if == jump 0x8162561
    setflag 0x200
    release
    end

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2021
    I've even looked at the script for Articuno and tried to edit that one but it still won't work

Years
  • I also used to use PKSV, and I couldnt do a single script, because it simply wouldnt work
    Then I joined Pokecommunity, and the first advice they gave was to use XSE
    I'm fairly happy as of now :)

Reactions: iv0
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2021
    I have tried XSE but without a template to run from I'm clueless and although there are tutorials out there I can't find what I'm looking for as a start. The language confuses me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2021
    I've managed to get it working for XSE using the tutorials, some of the other things I want to do look complicated but for now I can at least add the legendaries I want in

iv0

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I've managed to get it working for XSE using the tutorials, some of the other things I want to do look complicated but for now I can at least add the legendaries I want in
    XSE is pretty easy to learn, start now with the XSE coding and kick PKSV ass

Back