• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Addictions and Obsessions.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Do you have a strong addiction to anything? Besides cigarettes and the common addictive things? What are they? Are you planning to stop them sooner or later? Are they bad? How do they effect you? And in what way, positive or negative?

I have a massinve habbit of biting my nails, they are extremely short yet they do not bleed but they do get sore sometimes. I have tried to stop but failed so many times.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2014
    I have the same problem as you. I just can't stop bitting my nails! I even tried to put that spicy varnish but nothing works! I also have the habbit of starting talking in english when I'm not supposed to (I'm not a native speaker) or start to write in one language and, when I notice, I'm finishing it in english. It's weird. They're not that bad (except the nails one), but they are a little anoying.

Oh, well. It's life.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    I have the nail biting problem too. They're always sore, red, they bleed a lot. I bite the skin around my nails too and that bleeds. :/ Other than that I'm not really addicted to anything or have a really bad habit...

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I like to think I am not obsessed with anything

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Hmm... Posting, really. Whenever I get too involved in forums, a totally weird, opposite personality comes out that is easily irritable. I need to calm that :|

Kenpari

¯\(°_o)/¯ I DUNNO LOL
    Years
    I typically bite at my nails, but it doesn't really bother me much. I don't plan on trying to stop myself from doing it. It can get annoying some times if I bite them right down to where they aren't supposed to be. Then it can hurt when you touch the skin there and whatever.

Otherwise I don't really have any sort of addictions at all.

Pass!on

I'll go swimmin' in your eyes
    Years
    The internet in general. I really hate it.
    I try to spend as much time out of the house with friends as possible, because otherwise I just spend too much time on the computer.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I spend waay too much time on the internet. D:

...at least I have a sizable postcount to show for it. XD

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I tend to bite my nails once in a while. It hasn't proven to be destructive, so I don't think I mind that habit.

Coke... Now THAT'S the real obsession :D

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I spend waay too much time on the internet. D:

...at least I have a sizable postcount to show for it. XD

That's true, I find myself addcicted to the internet alot. But a computer without internet is nearly useless.

I tend to bite my nails once in a while. It hasn't proven to be destructive, so I don't think I mind that habit.

Coke... Now THAT'S the real obsession :D
    Unfourtunately for me, my fingernail biting is destructive and are very very short, but strangely enough they never bleed.
    Haha, yep coke is definately and obsession.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I bite my nails and the skin around them. The nail biting at least comes out of how I can't stand the feeling of them being cut, so I keep them short on my own accord and this is a good thing to me. It doesn't hurt and doesn't bleed; having done this since infancy, I never understood how it could.

I also drink a lot, but not alcohol — milk. Again this isn't really a bad thing, I've never suffered a bone fracture.

Last edited:
    Back