• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding new trainers

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    Hello,

No matter what instructions I follow... or the number of times I try it...
    I can't successfully add a trainer to my game...
    Well, not precisely.

The trainer will appear there, with the right graphics, right text, and right Pokemon.
    But when it comes to noticing me 3 blocks away like I indicate it to (Naming the event Trainer(3))

Wondering if someone already had a tutorial on this?
    Especially with adding custom music to trainer battles. Maybe a super easy way to add trainers?

Thanks

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Did you made the trainer events being triggered by "event touch"? That's the only thing you could be missing I think...

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    So... I'm not quite understanding what the exact problem is.

Does the trainer not notice you when you approach its vision range? If that's the case:

1) Check to make sure the "Trigger" for that event is set to "event touch." Otherwise the sight thing won't happen.

2) Make sure there isn't a tile that is blocking that event's view of the player. They can't see through impassible tiles... I think.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014
    Ratty524,

Thank you for pointing that out. That was it.
    What happened was, I would have 3 events to the left of the Trainer event, which would disappear once the player obtained a Pokemon.
    I thought erase event meant it'd be gone forever, but I guess not.

That solves my question, and I have a way of fixing this now. Thanks!

Back