• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding the PKMN abbreviation

Years
  • I just realized that I haven't seen anyway to add in the PKMN abbreviation in Essentials, like how its implemented in HGSS when fighting Red, cuz in that game, the PK and MN are separate characters. Is there a way to add that in when making a Trainer class like Trainer and Breeder classes?

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    If it were easy, then it would probably work the same way as the male and female chars. Try typing the pk and mn char in the script, using copy-paste or whatever from the internet. If that works, have a look in PokemonSummary to see how the male and female chars are introduced. Then, have a look at some place where the trainer title (like Lass or Cooltrainer) is called (maybe in the compiler, but preferably closer to where the actual battle is called, have a look around), and do something like if it says pkmn then change it to charpk charmn. Know what I mean?

You'll probably fail to type the character in the script, however. Then I would advice to have a look at how the US dollar sign is replaced by the pokedollar sign. I don't know where to look then, but at least it's a start.

In general, I would say that implementing something that was originally implemented because they couldn't do better (apperently they couldn't fit in as many characters, and were forced to use an abbreviation) is a waste of your time. But I won't stop you :P

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
    Years
  • To obtain some special characters in the font for my game, I've created my own font for it using bitfontmaker. So you could change the char values for some characters like "Ü" and "ü" to the Pk Mn symbols. I believe you can even directly import the Pokémon TTF fonts to it, though I've not tried that.

The link is: https://www.pentacom.jp/pentacom/bitfontmaker2/

Back