• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adult Swim to switch to subs

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
    Either way, people are going to be unhappy.

Personally, I dislike subs. I'd rather not read while trying to watch. Its annoying. I'll read the manga if I want to do that. Does this mean the dubs are going to stop? That's not exactly fair because there were always subbed and dubbed versions. Now there's just going to be subbed? DX

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I like subs, but I also like the dubs of some of the anime that appears on AS like Bleach. Johnny Yong Bosch is an excellent voiceactor and anyone who complains really don't know quality voiceacting when they hear one.

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    With how much people complain no matter what they get they should drop anime all together...I find this stupid, My younger brother Has a terrible problem reading, now he will be stuck sitting up close to the tv to read subs. Its sad how much work people will put into dubbing for other world understanding and they still beg for original langauge half cant understand.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I'm kind of mixed feeling about this. I'm a sub person my self. I used to be all for the dub, but then I watched the sub and fell in love. But I think that when I watch TV I wanna not have to read it... And I'm sure alot of viewers feel the same.
    But really, I could care less either way. I haven't really been watching it. ^^;

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I won't be affected since I don't get Cartoon Network/Adult Swim here in Canada, but if I did, I don't think I'd mind entirely. I don't really watch anime, but I wouldn't necessarily mind watching subs. However, like .Basiton said, either way, people won't be happy.

cieux

banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2011
    I don't get that channel, but if I did, I think I'd be happier since I prefer subs. A lot of dubs are bad, but some dubs are better than the original. Like FMA's dub.

Ariolander

MangaTraders.com Staff
    Years
    IF I thought Cartoon Network had devotion to Anime, I would need a few things.
    1. Subs would be great.
    2. Better times where they show Anime, and I don't mean Naurto and Pokemon.
    3. More anime. Lets see more Anime, allot more.

4. More variety in anime. Lets take it seriously an license more than "generic shounen". Try some other genres for once.

I seriously doubt this is true. They pay to much for the talentless hacks (with a few notable exceptions) that call themselves voice actors to not show them

Back