• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ADV OU] RMT

Years
  • Hey guys, I apologise in advance if I posted in the wrong place or if we're not allowed to do past gen RMTs. I didn't really know where to put this to get advice.

Anyway, I've always loved the 3rd gen. It was the first time I really got into Pokemon and competitive battling. I recently started replaying my original Sapphire Version, and after sometime playing competitively on simulators, decided I should make my team on my cartridge for when I battle my friends in our tournaments.

Onto the team, I've always liked the idea of a sand stall team in Adv. Tyranitar is a key threat, no other perma-weather to counter it, and stall being easier to play than in future generations.

The team:

Tyranitar
    Swampert
    Skarmory
    Blissey
    Dusclops
    Claydol

In depth:

Tyranitar @ leftovers
    Sand stream
    Adamant
    4 HP 252 att 252 spd
    Dragon dance
    Earthquake
    Rock slide
    Taunt

Tyranitar is my lead to get sandstorm up asap. Depending on the opposing lead, I generally attack straight off to damage their Tyranitar counter. I like to save him for a late game sweep, when the rest of my team takes out his counters. I won't remove him from the team as I'd like to keep it a sandstorm team, but a I'm open to a new lead.

Swampert @ leftovers
    Torrent
    Relaxed
    252 HP 252 def 4 sp att
    Surf
    Earthquake
    Toxic
    Roar

My first physical wall, and my main counter to Tyranitar and other similar physical threats. Has great synergy with Skarmory, and isn't damaged by sandstorm, so Swampert was an easy choice for my bulky water.

Skarmory @ leftovers
    Keen eye
    Impish
    252 HP 252 def 4 sp def
    Drill peck
    Spikes
    Rest
    Roar

My second physical wall, and my spikes setter. Also has roar, so its my best answer to non-Fire Blast setup physical sweeper (DDTar, Curselax, etc). It wouldn't be a gen 3 stall team without SkarmBliss, so Skarmory was an easy choice.

Blissey @ leftovers
    Natural cure
    Bold
    252 HP 252 def 4 sp def / 4 HP 252 def 252 sp def
    Seismic toss
    Thunder wave
    Aromatherapy
    Softboiled

My main special wall, and my team cleric. This is a cartridge team, so I don't hav access to Wish Blissey. Has great type synergy with Dusclops, and the other half of SkarmBliss. I know she has no offense and set up fodder, but she can take hits like a champ and provides cleric support for the team. I can't decide on which ev spread to use, either slightly better physical bulk or supreme special wall.

Dusclops @ leftovers
    Pressure
    Careful
    252 HP 4 def 252 sp def
    Seismic toss
    Shadow ball
    Will o wisp
    Rest

My spin blocker, the only one viable for a stall team. Takes the CB Focus Punches Skarmory can't take, and my second special wall along with Blissey. Seismic Toss over Focus Punch for reliability, and Will o Wisp to destroy physical attackers. I chose Rest over Pain Split to survive Toxic and goes well with my Cleric Blissey.

Claydol @ leftovers
    Levitate
    Relaxed
    252 HP 252 def 4 sp def
    Earthquake
    Ice beam
    Rapid spin
    Rest/Psychic

My team's spinner, and my Salamance counter. A solid wall, with a more physical bulky spread to beat physical threats like Salamance, Tyranitar and Aerodactly. I can't decide if I should use Rest or Psychic in the last spot, either improve his survivability, or beat Gengar that come in to spin block.

So that's my team. I know it's very stall orientated, but I don't know what to change to have some offense. I'd like to keep the team more stall orientated, but I'm open to any suggestions and nothing is set in stone.

Just please note, this is a cartridge team, so I don't have access to event and special Pokemon like Jirachi, Celebi and Baton Pass Zapdos, and things like Bold Suicune and Timid Raikou will be hard to come by.

Any comments or criticism are welcome. I'm not a noob when it comes to the Adv OU metagame, I'd just like to get other people's opinion and improvements for my team.

Thanks in advance :)

Back