• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advance or SP?

Which do you have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Angelus

Up and Coming
    Years
    I've got a GBA SP, hand cramps and all. I prefer it over the regular GBA though. Don't like having to buy the addon for headphones.

Nintendo DS will be rather good from what I've seen, but it's not the next Game Boy.. So the next Game Boy that comes out will blow away the GBA.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Learn your acronyms people!

GBA = Generic Term for Game Boy Advance (includes AGB and AGS)
    AGB = Game Boy Advance
    AGS = Game Boy Advance SP

Anyway, I have a Game Boy Advance and a Game Boy Player. I prefer the AGS to the AGB and I tend to use it when at my uncle's house (he has one) over my AGB. I want the Classic NES AGS but I'm going to wait for the DS.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    TRIFORCE89 said:
    Learn your acronyms people!

GBA = Generic Term for Game Boy Advance (includes AGB and AGS)
    AGB = Game Boy Advance
    AGS = Game Boy Advance SP

Anyway, I have a Game Boy Advance and a Game Boy Player. I prefer the AGS to the AGB and I tend to use it when at my uncle's house (he has one) over my AGB. I want the Classic NES AGS but I'm going to wait for the DS.
    Well I just call the Game Boy Advance a "GBA" and the Game Boy Advance SP "SP".

Well I both a GBA and an SP. I like my SP better because it's red. And I like how it folds, and how it's smaller and most of all the lighted screen.

Now for the members that asked about the Nintendo DS: The DS will play Game Boy Advance games. It won't play GB (Game Boy) and GBC (Game Boy Color) games. Just the DS and GBA games.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    I have a now SP even though I went though exactly 3 GBA's...

It was said that a frontlit light could not be installed because of technical issues, but I think it was to promote the GBA then after awhile when GBA became famous the SP was released. If that was their plan it was marketing genius, but if not, they did the right thing anyway XD.

Master Angel

Have a BAD day. I am.
    Years
    I have both. My GBA I got for Xmas and I bought the GBASP myself. :D

My friend (who's a guy, not a boyfriend) has both, a GBC (but he probably gave that to this little sister) and gave his Game Boy (the really old one, I think it's called a Game Boy Pocket or something) to his sister.

My friend Dani has a Game Boy Color and a GBASP. She totally skipped the GBA. :P

I also have this really cool thing for my GBASP called a Gamester. I'm sure many other people have this: it's something that attatches to the GBASP and can hold 3 games at a time.

I also have a Game Boy Color but I'm thinking of selling it (as if anyone will buy it though. It's as old as dinosaurs! :P )

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    SP is better, but mine was recently stolen, (idiot is gonna be mad when he finds out he needs a charger XD) and I sold my GBA, so I have none for now, but now I have all the more reason to get a DS. I'm glad I had my FR in my pocket...... not in my SP.(that was my 3rd SP.....)

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Also: The DS can't connect when playing GBA games. Its pretty much a scam. They were right though, its not a new GB!

I voted both. I was stupid enough to think that I needed a GBA that looked cooler! I still like my SP better. I gave my GBA to my sis.

Zero119

The Ruler Of Halo
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 1, 2005
    I have both. Ive had them both for a real long time.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I HAD A sp, but lost it in my many varous moves,^ ^ ;. The DS isn't even slated for AMerican release yet, all we know is that it will come out sometime in fall newxt year in Japan, might be next winter for the US.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    blue said:
    I HAD A sp, but lost it in my many varous moves,^ ^ ;. The DS isn't even slated for AMerican release yet, all we know is that it will come out sometime in fall newxt year in Japan, might be next winter for the US.
    I thought the release for the DS in Japan was 12/2/04...
    And that the US release was on Nov 21...

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Blue said:

Ummm..."we" ...? How 'bout "you". "We" all know what Brittany pointed out. XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    You were correct Brittany.

*Keeps up to the second news*

I have no clue where he would even pick up that news....?

And yes, it is weird the USA is getting it before Japan. I think thats a first XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Yeah it comes out before Japan , Japan usually always gets things first all the GBA games, movies etc.

Back