• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] advance text probs.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2015
    I was finally able to get advance text to work and I thought I was ready to begin making my own rom, but now im having a new problem. any time I load a rom on A-text, nothing happens. on all the tutorials and on youtube everyone gets a list of different dialogues in the game but, mine doesn't do that? what am I doing wrong?
    EDIT1: soo apparently it's working for emerald but not fire red? how come?

Last edited:
    Years
    Post a screenshot of what it looks like once you load the rom but I must say, Advance Text is the basic of all basic, I would suggest learning to use XSE , because all A-text does is edit what everyone says, and you cant change anything else.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
    a-text is a very beginner program but at the same time takes more advanced knowledge because if you do anything wrong in a-text, you're gonna mess up your hack. recommend focusing on scripting for now and trying to learn to do that

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2015
    a-text is a very beginner program but at the same time takes more advanced knowledge because if you do anything wrong in a-text, you're gonna mess up your hack. recommend focusing on scripting for now and trying to learn to do that
    Thanks to using the very beginner friendly PKSV i can do scripting pretty well, on existing characters anyways lol i can't figure out how to give a script to characters i inserted lol, at this point the only reason i want to use A-text is because i want to change oak's introduction.

Post a screenshot of what it looks like once you load the rom but I must say, Advance Text is the basic of all basic, I would suggest learning to use XSE , because all A-text does is edit what everyone says, and you cant change anything else.
    it honestly looks exactly the same as if a rom wasn't loaded. like nothing changes except it says a ROM was loaded, and yeah like i said to the other post i just want to change what oak says in the intro

Le pug

Years
    Thanks to using the very beginner friendly PKSV i can do scripting pretty well, on existing characters anyways lol i can't figure out how to give a script to characters i inserted lol, at this point the only reason i want to use A-text is because i want to change oak's introduction.

it honestly looks exactly the same as if a rom wasn't loaded. like nothing changes except it says a ROM was loaded, and yeah like i said to the other post i just want to change what oak says in the intro

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    dont use PKSV. use XSE 1.1 man... its way easier for scripting. you're making it harder on yourself

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2015
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    dont use PKSV. use XSE 1.1 man... its way easier for scripting. you're making it harder on yourself
    really? with PKSV all i have to do is click on someone in map editor then go to script generator and choose what i want as the script and choose what i want said haha and it takes like 10 seconds. i tried using XSE and it took a few minutes for each script?

Le pug

Years
    really? with PKSV all i have to do is click on someone in map editor then go to script generator and choose what i want as the script and choose what i want said haha and it takes like 10 seconds. i tried using XSE and it took a few minutes for each script?

well good luck getting help with scripts. everyone uses XSE now so if you run into any problems you'll be on your own pretty much. and you can set up XSE as your script editor for AdvanceMap too. I can output a script in XSE that would take 30 mins longer in PKSV .... a lot of the commands are condensed or are written to make more sense

Back