• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Advanced Trainer Is A Virus?

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2015
    So ive been playing around with these tools that allow you to hack the ROMs. I have encountered a program called Advanced Trainer, or A-Trainer, but whenever i download it my anti-virus says it detected a virus? I see many people use it so i don't know if it is. Soo is it a virus? Or is it a false scan?
    P.S is there a safe download site that i can get it?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    It's not a virus, just a false positive. If you got it from Hackmew's thread in the tools/tutorials section you should be fine.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2015
    Well I got it from swampert tools. the thread said the download link was broken and someone posted the link to swampert tools

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • i have same problem any one got virus free version , if yes then link it
    All that has happened is that your antivirus is flagging up a false positive. Just disable it then download A-Trainer, then re-enable after your download is complete.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    All that has happened is that your antivirus is flagging up a false positive. Just disable it then download A-Trainer, then re-enable after your download is complete.

I did that, my virus checker/killer removes the program to its 'Chest' whenever I try run the thing. I have to disable the virus checker whenever I want to use A-Trainer, which is a pain in the... neck.

My virus checker is called Avast, is there a free/affordable virus checker that does like A-Trainer?

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
    Years
  • To be honest your best bet would be to disable your antivirus or try to find a way to disable it from removing Advance Trainer. That or use the trainer editor from Jambo51's Thread, which might not be flagged.

I think the general reason ROM Hacking tools get flagged is because a lot of the older tools are programmed in older, less-stable languages like VB which were often used to make small viruses back in the day. If worst comes to worst, just disable your antivirus while you use A-Trainer and re-enable it afterwards. Most if not all Generation III ROM Hacking tools are perfectly safe.

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
    Years
  • It also happened to me
    How to solve it?

Most antivirus programs flag it as a virus (not sure why) and prevent you from running it. It didn't work for me for the longest time- then, at some random point in time later, it worked. I'll post a download link to a working, non-virus-flagged A-Trainer later...or not, I might forget :3

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2021
    Most antivirus programs flag it as a virus (not sure why) and prevent you from running it. It didn't work for me for the longest time- then, at some random point in time later, it worked. I'll post a download link to a working, non-virus-flagged A-Trainer later...or not, I might forget :3

Ok
    Send me

Back