• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advanced Trainer's Guide/Pokemon Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    Put it in the box like the classical GSC box trick to maximize stats. Voila... There's a more detailed guide regarding this concept in the RSE FAQ.

Somebody can explain me that??
    'cause I've got the Efforts ribbon, but the Stats never changed :(
    What's that GSC box trick?

leafgreen386

Custom User Title. Wow.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2006
    Q: So how should i train my pokemon to maximize my stats?
    A: Don't battle at all. Follow these steps.

1) Pull out that pokemon that you want to train in the lowest lvl possible (do all breeding necessary)

2) Rare candy your way to lvl 100 without a single battle(choose when to evolve and what moves to keep). Now before you say this is stupid or cheap, read on first.

3) In the advanced generation, stats growth are calculated by EV. You get a hidden amount of EV for every opponent you battle. Every Pokemon gives a different amount of EV in different categories. For example, a Zigzagoon gives you EV +1 in speed, while a Spinda gives EV +1 in sp.att. 4 points of EV means +1 in stats for that category. However, you can only get up to 512 EV, meaning maximizing only 2 category out of HP, Attack, Defense, Sp.Attack, Sp.Def and Speed. So you must choose who to battle. Now that you're at lvl 100, even if you don't have any EV growth, you can still KO anyone. So choose which area of EV to improve on, and choose your opponents wisely. Train for hours until you get an effort ribbon (meaning that your EV has been maximized). Put it in the box like the classical GSC box trick to maximize stats. Voila... There's a more detailed guide regarding this concept in the RSE FAQ.

WHAT THE...!?!!?!!?!?

Pokemon can't gain EVs from battle at Lv.100, so where's the sense in that? Just train it with the Macho Brace and Pokerus (if possible) from when you get it. It's faster, easier, and it actually works.

Also, it's 510 EVs a poke can gain. Not 512.

mew_rocks

Sell the kids for food
    Years
    O.K this thread has given me a whole new out look for making teams. But a couple of questions: 1.Do EV's only apply when battling online? 2. Say i want to distribute ev's to my pokemon's speed, how do i do that? 3.I can't remember where to get the macho brace so where is it?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Yes. If you understood what EVs are, you would know that they can about 120 something more points to your stats total, online or not.

On Netbattle, while in Team Builder, click the "Expert" button next to your Pokemon's picture to bring up the menu where you can set your EVs, nature, HP type, and some other minor stuff.

If you're just playing online on NB, you can just type "Macho Brace" into the item slot. In FRLG< you can find the Macho Brace where Giovanni was standing in the Viridian Gym after he leaves. I think you might have to use the Itemfinder.

For RSE, I forgot.

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    EV's also apply in normal cartridge games.In ingame to distribute speed ev's beat certain pokemons that give you an extra boost plus the macho brace(i think the zubat family is the best).The macho brace in R/S/E is given to you by the Winstrate grandma after you beat the family.

leafgreen386

Custom User Title. Wow.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2006
    If you're just playing online on NB, you can just type "Macho Brace" into the item slot.
    Of course, the only time you would want a Macho Brace on NB is if you're Tricking it onto your opponent.

Years
    Quote: "Q: So how should i train my pokemon to maximize my stats?
    A: Don't battle at all. Follow these steps.

1) Pull out that pokemon that you want to train in the lowest lvl possible (do all breeding necessary)

2) Rare candy your way to lvl 100 without a single battle(choose when to evolve and what moves to keep). Now before you say this is stupid or cheap, read on first." [/End Qoute]

Unless I read wrong - no battling at all? In my opinion, battling is part of what makes up Pokemon. Perhaps this is a new idea for training... but...

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    This is the quote tag:

[quote ] Quoted phrase here [/ quote]

Without the spaces.

And that part was a little confusing. It should look more like:

Synchronize said:
    Maximizing stats isn't always possible, as obtaining the perfect Individual Values (IVs) to accomplish this, isn't the easiest thing to do. However, you can maximize your Effort Values(EVs) by battling certain pokemon. Here's how it works:

1) You can obtain 510 EVs total per pokemon.
    2) Each stat has a limit of 255 EVs, so you may divide the EVs amongst the stats in anyway you can.
    3) A stat will raise by 1 point for every 4 EVs you get. This means you'll only want to put a maximum of 252 EVs in one stat
    4) You can only obtain EVs if you gain experience points or haven't reached your 510 limit.

So lets take Breloom in for example. Say you want an EV spread that looks like this:

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

So we catch/breed a shroomish and we battle a Zizagoon. For defeating a Zigzagoon, Shroomish will gain 1 Spd EV. Once he defeats 4 Zigzagoons, his Spd stat will increase by 1, but that only counts towards his Speed Stat Total once he has reached level 100. In other words, you won't see the actual change right away.

You may continue this process by defeating the necessary Pokemon for the corresponding EVs. You can find a list here:

https://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/pokemon_emerald_ev_points.txt

There are three ways to further along the EV training process:

1) Use Rare Candies. These will increase your Pokemon's level, but not their EVs. But this way, you can battle higher leveled Pokemon that you may need EVs from.

2) The Macho Brace will multiply the EVs you gain by 2. So if a Pokemon holding a Macho Brace defeats a Skarmory, it will gain 4 Defense EVs instead of the usual 2.

3) There is a beneficial virus called Pokerus. While a Pokemon is inflicted with Pokerus, the EVs it gains is multiplied by 2. Combine this with the Macho Brace, and the total amount of EVs you gain from a Pokemon is now increased by 4!

EV training can be a simple, but time consuming process. Keep in mind that you also need some knowledge in the Pokemon's base stats and/or Standard EV spreads for Pokemon for an efficient EV spread for a Pokemon. It's not too necessary for most in-game situations, as you can overpower most of the trainer's Pokemon, but for competitive battling with your friends, the Battle Frontier, and DEFINITELY NetBattle, it is quite beneficial to know your EVs.

Good? Bad? Decent?

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2011
    So if my pokemon has not achieved 510 EVs can I get more at the battle tower or just regular battles that give exp? What about link battles, will those work? And another question, how do I know which poke gives EVs for which stat?

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    crazihatnballa said:
    So if my pokemon has not achieved 510 EVs can I get more at the battle tower or just regular battles that give exp? What about link battles, will those work? And another question, how do I know which poke gives EVs for which stat?

There's a FAQ on gamefaqs that should give you a whole list.

Kuri-Chan ♪

Crystal Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    A Question about EV's... How do you take them out; I've noticed in dome ratings people tell them to take out EV's from some stats. I'd like to know how.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    �*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦
    CrystalLatias said:
    A Question about EV's... How do you take them out; I've noticed in dome ratings people tell them to take out EV's from some stats. I'd like to know how.

They probably thought you were playing Netbattle, where it's easy to adjust EVs. But in game, it's impossible to take out EVs EXCEPT for in Emerald. In Emerald, certain berries will actually delete EVs from a stat, which means you can retrain them in other stats.

�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

Fr0st

Random Crazy Person
    Years
    djvolcom said:
    Hmm, this seem usuful, mite be helpful when im making a team on crystal

Don't say anything if you don't have anything useful to say please

What berries are the ones that delete the EV's

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~