• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Advanced User Tagging, @user feature

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
Years
  • I've noticed, without quoting or subscribing to / following a thread, you really don't have a way of knowing if someone is talking about something you posted.

Note: Debate Thread especially

I waas wondering if the admins would consider @User tagging found:
    For VB3:
    https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=242734
    For VB4:
    https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=242733

If installed, you can say @Rukario and Rukario will be notified that he was tagged in a post.
    So, If I don't wanna quote and spoiler someone's huge text to give a minor comment, I can say
    @User why would obZen suggest something like this?

Thoughts?

Auraluxe

↞The Swashbucklin' Fool↠
    Years
  • I was on a forum that used this system and it worked excellently. This is definitely a feature I would love and I suspect quite a few people would use, if it was implemented. x:

#mytwocents

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I've always wanted something like this but never thought it was possible. Just by glancing at what you included in your post it looks like this could be possible; nice to see a user doing his homework to see if it's actually applicable, +1 for you friend.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • Your idea is pretty good dude. I never seen any forum with this tagging system. This could be really fun.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I remember an admin saying before that the reason this addon wasn't installed was because it adds copyright in the footer, which is something PC's attempting to avoid? A custom-made one is to be developed for us, if I'm not mistaken, but not exactly sure when it will start rolling, sadly.

Just like most of us here, I would love to see it; it'd help making thread conversations and whatnot much more of a common thing, I believe!

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • I don't wanna take all credit; this forum implements it
    Here's an example of me using it
    And here's a screen shot of the "Mentions" tab:
    Spoiler:

Sheep is an admin there; she may know more about it from a technical standpoint.

Also, this site migrated from vb3 to vb4, so it does work on both.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Eh, I went to another forum that uses it and it was great. I was wondering when will the admins implement this feature, it'll be really useful.

Especially when you have a shop, your posts won't be too cluttered in quotes to reply to everyone who posted while you were away.

Also, it helps tone down ridiculously long post quotes.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    While great, a few of our members here have pretty weird names. xD Kinda a hassle to copy+paste their names that simply quoting them. :P
    Example would be El Héroe Oscuro (no offense >,>).

It would be great that, if implemented, we could just type...
    @El H
    ...and then a drop-down menu comes down with a list of names close to what we typed. ^^

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • another feature in-development, if I recall. If not, it's worth looking into as far as developing a custom version for the forum.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • The thing about the products you linked, is that they have branding on them. In order to rid of them, you have to pay a very steep amount, I think it's over $500. Audy mentioned this and said that he'd be better off making his own solution.
    I don't know where you pulled that arbitrary amount from. The website this modification is sold on lists the copyright as an integrated feature with no mention of an opt-out. The only prices listed on the page are for the mod itself and those come nowhere near $500.

Back