• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adventures in Beklan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Adventures in Beklan

SPOTS ARE OPEN
    Adventures in Beklan
    Rated PG 15/16

History/Plot Information:
    Established trainers, Josephine Harris, Rachel Savina and Katie Emerson, were originally born and bred in Pallet Town, Pewter City and Riana (and later New Bark) Town of the Kanto and Pharaohonia/Johto regions. They were successful in defeating the evil syndicates of Team Rocket and Johto Destroyers at the age of fifteen in the year 2013, with the help of their partners — Arthur Regan, Damien Shadowlore and Adrian Swiftbreeze. Four years after that was when the six trainers married each other and they moved to the newly discovered region of Beklan, the landmass of which had only been discovered after Sinnoh had been rebuilt. They did this because Professor Banksia, the Beklanite researcher, died of old age. The three couples boarded the S.S. Oceania, which was headed to Cheltin Town, after saying goodbye to their families. The fiancés had thought their move through very carefully and ultimately decided it was for the best.

Arriving at Cheltin Town a few days later, they were surprised to learn that the town was quite small. Settling down and making themselves at home in Valeria City proved a bit difficult at first, but they grew used to it.

The first part of the region, starting at Cheltin Town, is a rather diminutive township flanked by the open ocean to its south, rugged mountains to the west and a crest of hills which marks the entrance to Route 401. Notable points of interest include the cave of ice at the back of Leviathan City, which is full of Ice type Pokémon; Asobibi City (to Harbour Town's north), which has a dormant volcano and tons of Fire Pokémon; High Beklan Desert, between Bayside and Moroi cities, is the home of Ground Pokémon and various other types; Moroi itself, home to a cemetery and Ghost Pokémon; the Rocky Corridor; Windfall Town, where the breeze is a constant storm; Lava Cave, residing place of Fire types; Ice Valley, enough said; Zenith City, home to the royal family; and finally, Vegas City, the location of the Beklan Pokémon League.

The next thing the Pokémon League had to do was to recruit Gym Leaders. Finally, they had some former Gym Leaders from other regions agree to come over. Some of the Gym Leaders have downgraded on positions, some have risen and others are brand new. They all have Pokémon that can accommodate to their positions, so it made no difference. They have new Gym badges as well. A few of the Gym Leaders are well known, but the others are relative beginners, as far as the position of Leader is concerned. None have seen who the League Champion is, and many strive to know. That, supposedly, is a mystery that the new trainers of the Beklan region will have to find out.

If you were wondering, yes, that is where you will come in. The announcement has been made by Professor Arthur Regan and it was broadcast over all of the regions. There will be six new Pokémon trainers for this region, simply because of the vastness. Several starters have been chosen, though they are not what you would expect.

Rules:
    1. No god-modding or bunnying, thanks.

2. Respect your fellow RPers and me.

3. Proper grammar, please. It's the key to my happiness with your posts.

4. Being active is vital. Expect a new chapter often. I'm not letting this die.

5. If you find a rare item (i.e. a TM/hold item), you can post that you found the item but not specifically what it is. I will then decide what the item is and inform you.

6. Everyone, please note I will be reasonable with shiny posts. If I think the post isn't good enough then the Pokémon will break out and flee; this can't be over-ruled by an RPer. If the post is nearly good enough, I might give you a second chance at the shiny, but if the second post is short then once again it will flee. Also, it will be an absolute maximum of 1 shiny per RPer, this isn't open for discussion.

7. Other than that, just follow the basic forum rules and keep it PG 15/16.

Name: First and last, please.
    Appearance: Describe what your character looks like (2-3 paragraphs preferable)
    Personality: Describe your character's personality (2-3 paragraphs preferable)
    History: A brief history of your character (1 paragraph is acceptable, 2 would be nice. 2-3 is REQUIRED if you're going for Riolu/Gible)
    Starter choice: Which starter Pokémon you would like, choose from below.
    Extra: Also include an RP sample if you would be so kind.

Starter Pokémon:
    Bug: Scyther
    Fire: Growlithe
    Water: Seel
    Ghost: Gastly
    Ice: Sneasel
    Normal: Eevee
    Fighting: Riolu
    Ground: Sandshrew
    Steel: Aron
    Dragon: Gible

Spots:

Gameplay:

The RP will start when I have accepted people for all of the slots, as it will save the confusion of having different players at different points.

I won't play in this RP, as I'm the GM of this RP. I will play as certain NPCs. For example, I'll be Professor Arthur Regan, and other special NPCs. I'll also set up the areas where you'll explore. I will set up each area before you write your posts for that section. In that post I will specify which Pokémon you will be able to catch etc. Also I make the decision if you catch the wild Pokémon or not.

Basically, you can fight the wild Pokémon, up until the point you throw the Poké Ball. You will stop your post there and I will decide if you were successful or not depending on the quality of your post. Also, the better the quality of the battle post, the higher the level of the Pokémon you catch.

Once most people have made their posts for the area, I will move on and set up the next area. Happy RPing.

Extra Information:
    — I will give you move sets/level/nature/etc. after you've done the SU.
    — Remember, a new chapter at LEAST once a week.
    — You will be provided with information on each city when I post a new chapter with said city in it.
    — Trainer cards are necessary.
    — That is all.

Stan the man

A true gentleman
    Years
  • Name: Nix tyson

Appearance: Tall about 6.2. He has long mousy hair witch is usually tied up. He wears a green tank top and a tan jacket, He has tan pants and boots to match. He has a small mole on the left side of his nose, Brown eyes one of witch has a large scratch over it making him bind in that eye.

Personality: He is a vary calm person. His greatest fear is a sneasel. He tends to make very snarky remarks without knowing it some times. Some times hell think some one said some thing then laugh at it even if it wasn't what they sai.

History: He was born in golden rode city but moved four weeks ago. When he was a baby he was kidnapped by a sneasle, It scratched him and blinded him in one eye. From that day foward he had been afraid of ice pokemon.

Starter choice: sandshrew

Extra:
    taken from my site maximum ride rpg
    Omega flew slowly over the city, Cars where traveling beneath him. He looked to his left the moon light up the ocean, it looked like fragments a glass. He sighed as he flew downwards letting the air glide across his wings. He landed on top of a building, He kicked the vent downwards, He slid down the newly made hole. He hit the ground with a small thud, He stood up and looked around him. He was surrounded by erasers. "Oh yay." he mumbled.

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • Ohhh, if only your Fire-Starter(ha) was Vulpix. Ah well, Growlith is just as good and fits my personality better anyway. By the way, this sounds fun. Reservation please. I'm working on the SU in word.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
  • Eh, why not.

Name: Clarisse Gaedison

Appearance: Clarisse is five feet and ten inches tall with an average build and pale skin. Because of some genetic defect, Clarisse was born with six fingers on her right hand, the extra one being between the ring and 'pinky' finger and of a length that can be described as the average of the two. On Clarisse's left hand lies an unusually large yet surprisingly flat mole that is about three milimeters in diameter. When compared to most people, Clarisse appears to have a rather large head, however, this is normal for people in her family. Also, Clarisse's toenails and fingernails grow faster than average so she has to cut them often or else they get very long and grody. Luckily, Clarisse always remembers to do this, although her nails are still always just a bit overgrown.

In the way of facial features, Clarisse has an unusually small nose but very large ears that she often hides behind a lock of hair. Across Clarisse's nose is a bridge of small brown freckles that the rest of her face is free of for unknown reasons. Deep blue eyes with flecks of black are covered in a pair of thin glasses that have just slightly darkened lenses. On top of Clarisse's head is a swath of azure hairs that she always styles in a bun on the back of her head and lifted a little toward the top. Hanging down from the bun are two long, thick streamers of hair that are tinted with just a little bit more light coloring than the rest of Clarisse's hair. Also, a few thin curls hang down over the sides of Clarisse's face, however these do not pocess the light color of the hair hanging from her bun. Aside from the equipment holding her bun up, Clarisse wears nothing in her hair.

What Clarisse does wear though, is a bright cyan, short-sleeved blouse that hangs down just below her pant's line. Clarisse's pants themselves are dark blue like jeans, but are actually more like dressy-looking khaki pants. Although no-one can see Clarisse's socks because her pants cover them and the tops of her shoes, Clarisse likes to wear ones that are covered in cute designs. The shoes Clarisse wears are like classic tennis shoes, only they are black rather than the normal color- white. For jewelry Clarisse likes to wear a silver-chained necklace with a pendant on the end made up of amber, jade, and some other crystal she does not know the name of forming a craftily made swirl of orange, turquoise, and white- for white is the color of the unknown crystal. Although she likes bracelets, Clarisse couldn't afford any after her big spend on her odd pendant and so she wears hair bands on her wrists instead.

Personality: Due to a strong sense of confidence and vast knowledge of battling from her father, Clarisse always seems to think that she is better than everyone else. Clarisse is boastfuland bragging when she does speak, however she prefers to stay quiet and away from the others thinking that she is too good to talk with them. While Clarisse enjoys being with friends, she doesn't have any and usually ends up being the silent person standing off to the side and trying not to be noticed by everyone else in the room. Not many people have seen Clarisse act happy or excited.

When forced into a conversation by some other person, Clarisse says few lines and acts skeptical, as well as looking for every chance to tell them how amazing she is. If someone makes an error while speaking, Clarisse is always the first to correct them or tell them off simply because she absolutely loves playing the devil's advocate. Although she has not yet battled with her own pokemon, Clarisse has had some practice with her dad's and developed a strong set of tactics and crafty strategies, as well as a good amount of knowledge on type match-ups.

History: Clarisse was born in Veilstone City, Sinnoh just six minutes after her twin brother Killian and nine minutes before her twin sister Maria. In addition to being a triplet, Clarisse also has an older sister called Sophie who became a pokemon co-ordinator when she was seventeen. Clarisse's mother was one of the workers in Veilstone's department store, earning a modest living selling things to ordinary people as well as trainers. That was how Clarisse's parents met; Clarisse's dad was a trainer, and a successful one at that- he had almost beaten the Sinnoh League. So, one day he happened upon the Veilstone department store and decided to go in and buy some poffins and lava cookies for his pokemon. After heading down to the lowest floor, he found what he was looking for and headed up to the cash register which happened to be being manned by Clarisse's mother, and it was love at first sight.

In a few years and after many, many dates, Clarisse's parents got married and decided to remain in Vielstone. Clarisse lived there her whole life without even moving out of the house she was born in. Growing up in Veilstone was a big thrill for Clarisse; she was allowed to hang out at the pokemon gym and watch the enthralling battles take place between Maylene and her challengers. Also, Clarisse had a favorite passtime of wandering around the meteor-strewn areas of the city and playing with her father's skuntank there. With Skuntank, Clarisse learned how to battle pokemon and had a wonderful time doing it. Once, Maylene even let Clarisse do a mock battle against Lucario using Skuntank. Even though Skuntank was one of Clarisse's dad's top pokemon, Clarisse still ended up losing because she had forgotten that poison-types like skuntank have no effect on steel-types like Lucario. However, Clarisse had enjoyed the battle and made a pledge that she would one day have her own Lucario and become an even better trainer than her dad.

A number of years later, the call was sent out asking for trainers to come and choose a starter pokemon that they would then use to explore the region of Beklan and Clarisse told her father that she would be leaving there right away. Clarisse's father accepted, and shortly after Clarisse was on her way to the Beklan region and ready to begin her trainer's journey five years after the normal starting age of a trainer. As soon as Clarisse found out that one of the starter choices was a riolu, she knew exactly which one she was going to choose. No one was good enough for a riolu but Clarisse- if she does say so herself!

Starter choice: Riolu

Extra:
    Here is a sample from my own roleplay In Aid to the Force which sadly never took off.

Molly heaved out a sigh as she sat on her bed staring at the messenger who had brought news that she was drafted into a legendary's army. Said messenger was a mysterious purple snover who had hatched only moments before. "Oh little snover, what am I supposed to do?"

"Snooo? Snover snow snow."

"Okay, I have no idea what you just said, but I have and idea at least. I could tell my mom that I found you and want to go on a pokemon journey, maybe I can do some battles and capture other pokemon along the way, and if this 'Inertigon' really exists, maybe he will show himself."

"Snover snow!"

Molly shot a confused look at her pokemon. "You didn't understand any of that did you. Oh well, at least you are supportive. Come on, we need to talk to my mother." Molly grabbed the oddly-shaped hand of her snover and walked him out of her large, elegant, room and down the hallway to her parents' room. This particular hallway looked over the main entranceway and had a grand staircase leading down from the middle. A huge crystal chandelier hung over the staircase and reflected a thousand spots of light over the room. But Molly didn't stop to gawk; this was her house and teenage girl wanted nothing more than to reach the master bedroom at the center of the hall. Finally, Molly reached her destination and took a deep breath before placing her free hand on the doorknob and pulling it open. Once inside, Molly's mother noticed her arrival and turned to look.

"Oh my, Molly dear, where did you get that strange pokemon?"

As the snover stepped up beside her Molly shifted with unease and carefully thought out her response before talking. "I-I found this snover outside, and I wanted to keep him because he was very beautiful, as you can see. Then I started thinking and... well this is kind of sudden but I want to go on a pokemon journey!"

A look of shock crossed onto Molly's mother's face. "You really mean it? When you were ten I told you I could get you a pokemon, but you refused. Are you sure you want to do this now?"

"Yes, I'm sure, I'll be heading out right away. I don't think I want to be doing any gym battles... but contests seem very fun. And my snover's neat colors will get me tons of fame I'm sure of it. So... I guess this is goodbye." Molly shrugged and looked hopefully at her mother.

"Oh no you don't! Not without a backpack and some kind of sleeping bag in case you have to camp out, and some money and food of course. Come over here, you can have my old bag." Excitedly, Molly hurried over with the snover following close behind. Molly's mom opened up a large cabinet filled with many fascinating old things, but the one she pulled out was a was a small and stylish white backpack with a periwinkle pokeball design on the back. She handed it to Molly, and curiously the new trainer looked in the main pocket to find a lightweight, tan sleeping bag and a few potions that her mother had never taken out. Molly looked up at her mom with shining eyes.

"Wow! Thanks so much! I-I can't believe it!"

"Okay sweetie. Now take this too; you will need money for shopping at pokemarts and buying food while in town." Gratefully, Molly took the simple wallet that her mother had pulled out and checked to find out that there were one thousand dollars inside.

"All this? For me? Seriously, thanks. I'll be sure to stop in the next town... uh... Jubilife, to get some food with this. But now, I want to go be a pokemon co-ordinater. Goodbye Mom!" Molly was already out the door and rushing down the stairs when her mother shouted 'goodbye' back. Pausing to let her snover catch up, Molly opened the front door and took a step out into the warm Sandgem air. After taking a deep breath, Molly began to walk toward the route that would take her to Jubilife. A contest was supposed to be held there soon, a perfect chance to start off her career... and to train this snover for 'Inertigon'.

"Okay snover, your training begins today. I don't think you need a pokeball; you can just follow me around." Molly thought for a second before continuing. "But, I hate calling you just snover, so I hereby dub thee as Prince Frostbite!"

"Sno-snover!" The newly named 'Prince Frostbite' held his head high like a real prince and walked with his now giggling trainer out into the world outside the city.

Last edited:

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
  • Looks fun! Could I please reserve Scyther? Will have my SU up very soon. Thanks!

Name: Sophia Brooks.

Appearance: Sophia would be described as your typical bookworm
    in apperance. From spending so much time indoors, she has no
    colour on her skin whatsoever. Her copper coloured hair contrasts
    awkwardly with her overall apperance. Her hair, being naturally
    straight and Sophia believing she can do nothing with it, is either
    left out or tied in a pony tail. She has a side fringe that just
    reaches over the top of her left eyelid.

Her wardrobe consists of t-shirts, pleated skirts, lemon coloured
    scarfs and ripped-at-the-knee jeans. She also wears dark denim
    overalls that cut off above her knees. She finds comfort in
    wearing trainers, white and blue in colour.

Personality: Sophia is a quiet young girl, prefering to spend her
    time reading a good adventure novel or attempting to write her
    own. Her quiet persona has led her to not making many friends.
    She's afraid of the dark, though she won't admit it.

Oddly enough, Sophia's reactions in hostile or hectic situations are
    calm and collected. She's a thinker and a day dreamer by nature.
    She prefers a laidback attitude towards events and is never sure
    about the descisions she makes. She had trouble picking her
    starter Pokemon because of this constant indescision.

History: Sophia lived a fairly normal life up until the day her
    parents decided she needed something more. Something that
    would open their daughter's eyes to the reality of life, Sophia's
    mind locked away within the so called 'fairytales' of the novels she
    was always reading.

It was true, Sophia did always half believe in the stories she read,
    of warriors who defended the old kingdom with legendary
    Pokemon by their side or trainers slashing their way through the
    league with one Pokemon by their side. Never though did Sophia
    believe that she would be standing before a professor who was
    about to give her a Pokemon.

Sophia, having made no friends, human and Pokemon alike, had
    nothing to leave behind when she started her journey.

Starter choice: Scyther.

Extra: RP Sample.
    Spoiler:

Hope that's okay, thankyou!

Trainer card! And Scyther's deets so I don't forget 'em.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • Okay, got my SU now.

Name: Lodovico "Vico" Silvio

Pokemon: Gastly

Physical Appearance: Vico is about 5"4 feet tall. His body size is somewhere between thin and average, leaning closer to average. His skin is rather pale and his hair is black. It's spiky and does crawl on his face a little. And finally, his eyes are brown.

Vico is usually wearing black jeans. He would never think of letting them sag so he always wears a belt to keep it from sagging down too low. His sneakers are both black and white. He likes white ankle socks. And a polo shirt, it's horizontally striped and is beige and white and has the number 57 over the heart area. It's as long as any average T-shirt. He'll always have his collar down and it buttoned all the way up.

Personality: Vico likes things to be perfect. He always tries to make sure things are done right. He also likes to give his all and then some. He'll give 200% and then give 210%. And when he starts something he always makes sure to finish it. He's also pretty smart. He always thinks critically and outside of the box. He also tries to challenge himself,

Although, Vico is quite bossy. The ultimate example of 'My way or the highway'. Also, he's pretty cocky. He's always sure that he will be the one that comes out on top. He's also a bit of a snoop. When he finds something that perplexes him, he'll go find out what it is, whether it's his business or not.

History: Vico was born and raised in a nice house in Goldenrod City. He was the fourth of four children. They were all quite successful in what they did. Always getting As, bringing home trophies so Vico always felt he had to do his best and then make his best better. This is where he got his 200% attitude. He himself was still good at all he did and was not a disgrace to what his family had expected of him. And then he got bored and needed something to challenge him and get him out of his boring life. So he decided to go with the life of a Pokemon Trainer. He traveled to Beklan to start his adventure there.

Also, do I get to choose my Pokemon's Gender/Nature/Personality/Nickname?

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
  • My SU is up!

Name: Ryan Stackson

Appearance: Ryan is a little over six feet tall and has a very thin build with neither muscle nor fat, and has moderately pale skin. Most people would describe him as a frail or sickly-looking boy, and most do. He has no definite or defining points about him that would make him unique, other than the baggy-eyed look from his lack of sleep.

He has deep, brown eyes and although usually thick, thin brownish-blonde hair, as he has it thinned occasionally. His hair falls about an inch or two below his ears and it always covers his entire forehead. He likes to hide his left eye in his hair most of the time, also meaning that his hair parts toward the right side of his head. He has no piercings, tattoos, or scars on any of his body, and doesn't plan on acquiring any. His profile is almost flawless, except for the occasional acne spots. His face is rarely affected by acne; it is more prominent beneath his long hair, such as on his forehead. His teeth are perfectly straight, thanks to many years of braces, and moderately white. His nose is perfect, being as it has never been broken, nor has any other bone in his body.

In terms of clothes, Ryan usually wears jeans, a graphic t-shirt that varies, depending on his mood (although it's usually what he has clean), a tight blue zip-down hoodie with pockets for his hands, and white tennis shoes with lime-green stripes going down the sides of each shoe. Ryan wears no jewelry and doesn't plan on wearing any.

Personality: Ryan hadn't really been all-too enthusiastic in starting his journey, especially because it was forced. He isn't very fond of Pokemon, mainly because of the ridiculous TV shows and their idols. He also usually hated the way that Pokemon were held, confined to a small space until someone decides they're useful for a moment, and then right back into the good ol' ball. "Who are we humans to decide when something should be able to see the light of day? What makes us so special? You try living in a ball until you're forced to battle your guts out and see how you like it!" Ryan would say, being part of PETP (People for the Ethical Treatment of Pokemon)

Ryan always strives to prove that he is in fact correct in nearly everything he does. He is quite arrogant at times, and proves adamant in holding his ground, even though he has no basis for retaliation against those who threaten it. He has a mild hatred toward narcissistic, bothersome, and vagarious people. He commonly refers to Pokemon Trainers as narcissistic, bothersome, or vagarious, and he despises trainers, making them his number one enemy.
    Whilst it may seem as if he's full of hatred, he is actually extremely kind, and very loyal to his friends. He makes friends easily, however, it's hard for him to keep in touch with them quite as often as he'd like. He's very open minded and will try anything. He has a mildly impious mouth, but he makes up for it with his friendly approach.

He loves to play instruments, as he is very musical person, and write songs. He doesn't mind reading and likes to write. Sometimes he speaks like he's from another time period, mainly because he finds the words to have more meaning than words we use today. He has an extreme case of arachnophobia and a lesser case of hemophobia. He is very lazy, though when he is up, he loves to get wherever he's going fast. He's a bit paranoid at times and always wears his heart on his sleeve.

History: Ryan was born in Cherrygrove, Johto and while he lived there always heard stories about being able to one day get his own Pokemon and go on a Pokemon adventure. When he turned 11, he moved to Fortree, Hoenn. It was very different from Cherrygrove, as he had to live in a tree hut. Luckily, by the age of 12, he then moved far out onto Cinnabar Island, which usually wouldn't have been a good thing, but since it's full of tourists now-a-days, he at least lived in a house now.

At 12 is when he first started to show an interest in Pokemon. He watched in Blaine's gym for days amazed by the power that pokemon possessed. However, from watching these battles, he always had wondered what happened after the Pokemon could no longer battle. That is when he found out what Pokemon Center's really were, a hospital for Pokemon! And they were sent there so frequently too! It horrified him that Pokemon were forced to continue to battle until they had to be hospitalized. This is when he joined PETP.

Now that he lives in Cinnabar, he frequently sees ships and ferries that go to other places. He had planned on running for president of PETP on his 18th birthday, but now all of that has changed. His father has now ordered him to go out onto a Pokemon journey. He also required that he at least compete in a league. When his father heard about the Beklan expedition, he knew that his son would be the one to do it. After 4 years of fighting with his dad about becoming a trainer, he now has to become one. He vowed to keep his Pokemon as happy as he was in any situation.

Starter choice: Sneasel

Extra:

From a role-play I was in called Pokemon: The Path Towards the Rainbow

Chase entered Mystifying Forest, this time, without the help of his POKeNAV, as there were huge "Beware" and "Go back" signs warning about the forest itself. Chase was not too worried, as he had his powerful Chou with him. He knew she would protect him, but he also wondered what kinds of Pokémon were in this forest. He mused on that thought for awhile before drawing the conclusion that they would mainly be Bug-type Pokémon, as, while walking through the forest, that was all you saw.

"Man Chou, we need to catch you a friend soon, but I just don't know, have you seen anyone you wanna make friends with?"

"Chou, chou" she replied. Chase couldn't remember letting her out of her Pokeball, but kept her out anyway, in hopes that she might help him.

"We should have bought an Antidote or two back in Peach Town, I heard this forest is famous for poisoning its travelers."

"Chou" she responded. Chase knew she couldn't understand him, but apparently, she knew when to answer.

After Chase had walked through the forest for about 30 minutes or so, he noticed it was getting darker. He knew that the darker the forests, the farther in they were. He pulled out his POKeNAV to check and see where he was, but unfortunately, on the screen where the map was usually posted, a big "NO SIGNAL" warning was. It then flashed back to a general outline of the map of Herion.

"Dammit!" Chase exclaimed "I knew we should have just bought a map." Chase knew, however, that a map would not have done him any better, and his POKeNAV was a much better guide.

About 10 minutes more of walking and Chase was spent. He went over to sit underneath one of the many trees, and decided to rest under one of the lighter trees in the forest.

"Wow Chou, it's pretty dark in here right now." Chase said.

"Chou, chou" she agreed.

Chase was quite tired, and decided it would be better if he lied back, for at least a couple of minutes. As Chase dozed off, he felt something touching his shoulder, but was too lazy to see what it was, figuring it was only Chou, resting on him.

When Chase arose,20 or so minutes later, he felt refreshed. Chou, however, was watching Chase's shoulder, in a "Why the hell haven't you noticed what's on your shoulder" kind of way. Chase noticed this and asked Chou what she was looking at. She didn't even respond this time.

"Come on, Chou, what's up with you?" He was just waking up still, and looked over to his shoulder, scaring him half to death.

"HOLY FU—"Chase was cut off by the creatures puzzled look, as if the green, eight-legged creature belonged on Chase's shoulder.

"Oh my god, Chou, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THERE WAS A F****** SPIDER ON MY NECK!!" Chase screamed, scaring away about 10 Ledybas and a couple of Murkrows out of the tree he was under.

"Chou?" Chou responded, only confused as to why he was yelling at her.

The Spinarak just stared at Chase, almost sad, as if it was a lost puppy with nowhere else to go.

"Chou, chou" Chou stated as she ran over to look at the Spinarak. Spinarak sprayed a little String Shot in the air, and Chou and Spinarak were playing in the "Confetti."

"Well hey! I've got an idea. Chou, ask Spinarak if it would like to come with us on our journey?" Chase said, now excited. Chase on the inside, secretly hoped the spider would say no, as he was extremely arachnophobic. However, the spider had something else in mind.

"Rak, rak" the Spinarak told Chou. Chou then came over and tugged on Chase's pantleg, and assumed the position for battle.

"It wants a battle? Well then, I'm all for that, alright Chou, if you win, I'll try and capture it, how about that?" Chase said.

"Chou, chou!" Chou stated, readily anticipating its trainers orders.

"Alright Chou, let's use Supersonic!" Chou emitted its wave of sound, aimed directly at Spinarak, but only missed the attack, which was apparent when Spinarak shot out a Poison Sting at Chou.

"Chou! Alright, let's go for a Water Gun!" Chou spurted out a powerful gush of water, hitting Spinarak directly. The Spinarak was clearly in pain, but decided it wasn't giving up now. The Spinarak jumped in the air, higher than one would assume a Spinarak could, and landed right in front of Chou, using String Shot on Chou's body. Chou toppled over, covered in the webbing mess.

"Chou, break free!" Chou managed to wriggle herself out of the String and looked right a Spinarak, attacking unprompted, with a Flail attack. The attack, although Chase knew wouldn't do much, clearly knocked the Spinarak out cold.

"Alright Chou, great job. Now as I promised let's go for it, GO POKEBALL!" Chase threw the Pokeball directly at the feisty Spinarak, enveloping the Spinarak in its red energy. Chase watched the ball as it wriggled back and forth, anticipating a new addition to his team….

shortdan1998

Rawr! I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • Mah SU. Got it memorized?

Name: Eric Clowde

Appearance: Eric is a strong young man standing a height of 6'2", with the build of a football quarterback, yet he doesn't take any interests in sports. He has two separate eye-colors, the right a teal-turquoise, and the left a crimson color, and black to dark brown hair. He also has a scar on his left eye.

His wardrobe consists of a plain black turtleneck, a dark blue t-shirt with a Gible imprint over the turtleneck, and blue jeans which are held together by a belt which he holds his Pokemon. He also wears a pitch black trench coat, a glove on his right hand, and a backpack which he keeps his 'supplies' in.

Personality: Eric may be young, yet he is also a master strategist, and a little psychotic sometimes. Under all this, he hides his true personality, except to those who he considers really close, yet not including his family. He normally doesn't attach to anybody unless they are really a good and have known him for quite a while. His true personality is partially his psychopathic side and his actual emotions. He is very emotional around who do know his true personality, and normally won't lie to anybody he knows that closely unless it regards them in something bad, drug-esque, or just plain stupid.

His normal personality is just your average teen, except for the fact that he is quite psychotic, pessimistic, and overall just a downer. The only thing different from other teens like this is that he can cheer or put down anybody with just one sentence, and will if he needs to. He also is quite an annoyance if you're on his bad side because he will make your life living hell if you hurt him or anybody really close to him.

History: At age six, Eric had been stunned by the death of his father while at work. Why would he die? Assassination. His father was a scientist for Cipher and was conducting an experiment to create the first Shadow Pokemon. He vowed on that day that he would find who did this to his father and torture them until they died. Later, at age ten, he started on his Pokemon Journey with a Turtwig. He journeyed through Sinnoh, Hoenn, and Johto. Over the years, he met many interesting people, and beat all the leagues.

In the middle of his journey through Johto, he encountered Team Rocket for the first time and had been trapped by them at least fifteen times. He was stuck up with them, when they had trapped him for what he knew was the sixteenth time, where they challenged him to an actual battle, and obviously he had won. They had fled and had come back, to where they had battled knowing that he had obviously camped there, with reinforcements. He had his Pokemon out knowing that they would obviously return, and had beat all the reinforcements and the original trio who had battled him in the first place. He afterward, swept through the league and returned home for about a year.

When he was fifteen, he started to travel in Kanto. He had won badge after badge, one after another. He had also helped out with recreation in the area because of Team Rocket's devastation to the buildings and was helping a cause that was against them. His journey in Johto had also ended in disaster when Team Rocket nearly bombed the nearest gym and had tried raiding the Pokemon League, which annoyed him very much.

Starter choice: Gible

Extra:

Plays violin as if he had been doing so his entire life.

~RP Sample~

As a Pidgey flew by, the mid-teenage boy thought, Why am I watching this? while leaning against a nearby tree. It was true that he was a former Rocket admin at age fifteen, yet he still was only sent to watch four young trainers receive their new Pokemon, as they had come of age. He was also thinking of tactics he could have used to avoid doing so, yet he had a reputation to protect, so he just followed orders.

Eric was well known in town so he had to keep a low profile as he hated attention unless it involved some sort of strategy game or a talk with someone superior to him. While he may be Giovanni's top Rocket admin, he still is regarded now as a QN grunt, which he doesn't understand why. Although he still does need to own up to him for changing loyalty to Mirror B, he doesn't need to clear anything else up with Giovanni.

Although he's known for having with him his champion team, he only has Kairi with him for now. He hopes to see more new opportunities to become another admin, yet he isn't sure if he will make it before another disbandment. Well, better check it out again, Eric thought to himself as he walked in towards the crowd.

When he reached the front of the crowd, he was surprised at who he saw because he thought they would all be the same age. As he retreated back to the tree he was leaning against, he saw Rose, leaning against the tree across from him. Well, well look who's here, he thought as he closed his eyes again.

He woke up at the bottom of the tree to hear a cheer from the crowd. He saw who had which Pokemon and hoped that he was done, yet he knew there was more to do. He walked over to her and said, "Hey."

Last edited:

sandeon

My Brand!
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2022
    Name: Keaton Malru

Appearance: He stands at 5 foot 5 with shaggy brown hair that has red tips and his eyes are sky blue. He is fit and in shape. He wears a brown hoodie with a red stripe around the bottom. He has plain blue jeans and has a dark red rider's cap with goggles around the rim of it. He has strange birth marks under each eye, they are bright red dots, about the size of a nickel. He also has a mailbag style backpack where he keeps his laptop and camera to send e-mails to his parents.

Personality: He is the most energetic person you will ever meet, no joke. Some call him a spazz others call him hyper. He is very random and when you are with him there is zero chance of a dull moment. He keeps and looses friends for these facts. But what keeps friends is when something is serious, he can be so serious it's like he's another person. If he thinks something is wrong with one of his friends he will ask them about it and is very easy to talk to, unless he's not taking them seriously.
    He is also very over protective. He's so protective that if he met someone one day and the following day if the person he met is in any sort of danger he'd throw himself into the whole mess even if it was bad for either of them, that also proves how unorganized and un strategic he is. Plus the fact that he jumps to conclusions, no matter how far out they are.

History: He grew up in Sunnyshore city and loved the beach, and the warm weather. He had many friends in the city and was popular too. Once when he was five, a girl he had a crush on was being picked on at the beach and the person who was picking on her was the bully of the city, Brody, known and feared by all the kids in the city. He stepped into the scene which became a fight between him and Brody, except the only thing was the fact that Brody was always with his dads Ariados. Although Keaton had gone to Karate lessons since he was currently learning karate, he was at a large disadvantage. Keaton ran at Brody and Brody told Ariados to use String shot and Keaton was caught in a web. Brody tortured Keaton with the move scary face until Keaton's dad came out and helped him out of the situation. Now Keaton is scared of bug Pokémon to this day.
    Him and his parents moved into the region as soon as possible because it had always been his dream to go on a Pokémon journey because he had always studied Pokémon and loved them. His parents supported him and bought him all the things he needed to set off and be successful. Then his parents had a baby, it was only three years till he would go on his journey and his younger brother already formed a strong relationship and Keaton hoped that someday he'd be able to help his younger brother on his Pokémon journey.

Starter choice: Eevee (or more preferred Growlithe if Minator Ninja drops out for any reason.)

Extra:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
  • Ahhh too slow, looks like there are a lot of people in line. If any slots open up, I'd love a chance to join, though :)

Edit: Actually, I have an SU... so I"ll submit it, just in case!

_____

Name: Theodore "Teddy" Sadler

Appearance: Teddy is a robust-looking 5'9", with a stocky build that's a little soft around the edges. There's muscle under there--he hauls a lot of books, and spent a lot of time on his bike back home, but he also loves to eat, particularly sweets and cakes, and the exercise doesn't fully make up for it, especially as one of his favourite hobbies is to sit down with a book and a snack at the same time.

He has medium-brown skin, hazel eyes that have flecks of gray-green in some kinds of light, and a mass of dark brown, tightly-curled, floppy hair that shifts and bounces if he nods or otherwise moves his head quickly enough. Sometimes he'll yank it all back into a ponytail to keep it out of the way. His concession to hot sun or wet weather is usually to do just that and then stuff it under a baseball cap, with the mass of hair poking through the hole at the back.

Solid colours are the order of the day in most of his wardrobe. He is partial to layers, usually pulling a short-sleeved t-shirt over a long-sleeved one, and if the weather is colder he will add a zipper hoodie, and if it's really bad, a vest or a jacket over the lot. His short-sleeved t-shirts are often red, black or navy blue, with the long-sleeved ones underneath a plain white or grey. His favourite hoodie is a forest green colour with orange and red outlines of scattered leaves printed on around the shoulders. He wears cargo short (or pants, as required) in beige or brown, because he likes all the pockets, and black-and-white low-top running shoes that show a lot of scuffing and wear.

Aside from the white, the brightest spot of colour on him is an oft-changing set of bracelets on his right wrist, made for him by his little sister Laurine. They range from embroidery-thread friendship bracelets to strings of painted wooden beads to iridescent or refractive plastic beads in colours she thinks "go with his stuff". He wears each one she gives him, whether it goes with his stuff or not, until it wears out and breaks.

Personality: Introverted and distractable are two words that fit Teddy quite well. He's not shy per se, but simply content to be alone or with just one person at a time--too many people around at once also make it hard for him to concentrate fully on one whoever he is talking to at any given time. He likes information for the sake of information and enjoys learning things, so can't help wanting to listen to everyone. This happens when he reads as well. His preference is for non-fiction, and so he might be reading a book about the behaviour of herds of wild Ponyta, and come across an anecdote referring to a stampede-sparked forest fire that also destroyed half a town... and he will abandon the first book to go find out if there is any information to be had about that town's recovery.
    He does enjoy spending time with people too, but his preference is for one-on-one hanging out, rather than in groups.

Despite his enjoyment of book-learning, Teddy is a pretty poor writer, and it takes him a long time to format anything up to academic standards--he can get his points down on paper but often has trouble going into enough depth in his arguments or definitions. This translates into verbal arguments and debates as well, only moreso--he dislikes arguing very much because often the only retort he can quickly come up with is "you're wrong!" or "well, because!" This is another reason he prefers to listen rather than speak, and also causes him to keep quiet even when people say something he disagrees with.
    Teddy is a generally friendly and affable fellow, but on first meeting him, people might find him somewhat vague or distant every now and then, whenever his mind notices something interesting that takes his attention away from them. His friends and people who get to know him soon discover that a light poke or a "hey!" or a "Teddy!" will call his wandering mind back again.

History: Teddy grew up in Sinnoh, in a beachfront cabin on route 213, between Pastoria City and the resort. His parents are very much free spirits, and don't have "real" jobs, but actually manage to make a living as beachcombers, hunting the seaside sands for money, buried treasure and washed-up seashells that they make into souvenirs and sell to the resort tourists. Teddy was an "accident" baby, or as his parents describe it, a "surprise gift", and he was born when his mother was 18 and his father 17. They handled it all well enough, though, and managed to keep themselves from having any more children for another twelve years, until Teddy's sister came along. Teddy lived a pretty carefree life alongside his parents, going along even as an infant as they poked around in the beach sand with their Magnemite (later Magneton) and Diglett (later Dugtrio) partners and made a surprisingly livable income. Teddy loved the beach and paddling in the water, and was fascinated by Diglett's digging of holes.

Once he was old enough to read, however, he confounded his parents by reading everything he could get his hands on, and always asking for more. Somewhat at a loss at first, because neither of them supported "the system", they instead worked hard to homeschool him until he was twelve. But when his sister was born, the realized they couldn't do everything that was needed any longer. That year they finally enrolled him in school in Pastoria City. School was both a trial and a wonder, as Teddy got a crash course in social interaction with groups, but also discovered first the school and then the city library, and also the Great Marsh, which is where he spent many hours a week from then on.
    Teachers generally liked Teddy for his avid attention to every subject (except gym--Teddy disliked team sports), which helped him get through his eventual difficulty with reports and essays, and it was in fact through his history teacher that he found his job at one of the city's book shops.
    When the call went out for new trainers in the Beklan region, Teddy jumped at the opportunity to apply. To see wild pokemon, and battles, in such a relatively newly settled area? He had to try.

Starter Choice: Sandshrew (or whatever is available...)

RP Sample:

Here's a recent post from another RP.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Stan the man - declined. Your SU is too short.

Minator Ninja - reserved.

The Jewel of Life - accepted.

Breezy - accepted.

pikakip - Aron is reserved.

This Name is Exactly 36 Letters Long - declined. Your SU is too short and I specifically stated I would choose the Pokemon's Gender/Nature.

SethMetal37 - accepted.

shortdan1998 - accepted.

sandeon - accepted. Sorry, thanks for Broadway for pointing out my error.

Broadway - accepted.

Last edited:

Lilac Mist

Transubstantiating in Purple
    Years
  • Newbie question,
    I believe the 6 spots have been taken. Yet you have two people on "reserved". Does that imply that you're accepting more signup sheets?
    If so, I would like to kindly ask Eevee (1st choice) or Seel (2nd choice) for a reservation.

Thanks much : )

Lilac Mist

Transubstantiating in Purple
    Years
  • Seel is just fine. Big fan of Dewgong!

I hope there's no ill will if I wait a little bit to present you with my SU.
    I want to be evaluated when I have a physical chance of making the RP - Not when its dependent on something as unpredictable and circumstantial as people dropping out of the RP completely.

I hope you feel that, although it might be slightly inconvenient because you can't tell exactly whether I am worth my salt or not, it's fair for me to not type up a full SU right this minute. That being said, your RP looks really interesting, you seem like a serious GM and I really want to give you the best SU possible.

I'll keep checking the thread! And I hope to God I didn't come across as confrontational, lazy or opportunistic : )

Years
  • The Jewel of Life, Breezy and SethMetal37, your starters are female at level 6. Hasty, Modest and Impish natures respectively.

shortdan1998, sandeon and Broadway, yours are male at level 6. Adamant, Hardy and Docile.

Riolu knows Quick Attack, Foresight, Endure and Counter.
    Scyther knows Quick Attack, Leer and Focus Energy.
    Scratch, Leer and Taunt are Sneasel's moves.

Gible's moves: Tackle and Sand Attack.
    Eevee: Tackle, Tail Whip and Helping Hand.
    Sandshrew: Scratch and Defence Curl.

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
  • Aww, docile :D sounds like an easy-going little fella.

Kyuu, are we including the special abilities too? Like Sandshrew's Sand Veil? I'm not sure if any of the starters have more than one option though, so maybe there's no need to specify. (I'm just being finicky 'cause I keep a folder with RP info and stuff.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back