• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adventures in Beklan

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
    um, here it is. This is my first Unsavory character, so tell me if there's anything that I need to change. Oh right, I really couldn't think of anything else to add to the description, so it's a bit short.

Name: Jeffery Skye

Appearance: Appearance: Jeffery's look is often described as 'rugged' or 'tough'. He is fairly tall and well built, and he wears clothes that reflect this. He has a rectangular face that is heavily accented with thin pink scars. His shaggy hair does little to cover these, so he usually covers his face with ninja-like scarves. Everything above his nose is generally left uncovered, so he can at least be identified by those close to him. He tends to wear layers of clothes, usually keeping something heavily padded on the top, such as a bullet proof vest. He always wears gloves-the thick work gloves made out of leather- and heavy Camo pants. To top it all off, he wears steel-toed combat boots. While they may not always be seen, Jeff always keeps weapons on him. Four knives were kept in his vest, two strapped to the back of his legs, four kunais in his sleeves and an assortment of shurikens along his back.

Personality: Even though it would be considered stereotyping, Jeff's personality is often described similarly to his physical description. He's rough, tough, and full of his own opinions. Although if you only had one word to describe him with, it would be ruthless. He feels little remorse for anything, and he has very few 'friends'. His ability to interact with others is fairly limited, and he is considered to be 'cold' by everyone, except corporal. Jeff is a stone, closed to all but himself. He uses his lack of feeling for various jobs, some that would rip a normal man apart, Tear families to pieces, jobs that require true and unfeeling souls. If one ever wanted to tell if these tales were true, they would only have to look into his eyes, and feel their cold, deadly, malice.

This hardness is not the limit to his personality however. While he may be as violent as he is towards humans, he is very compassionate towards pokemon. His passion may not be seen in public, nor does he reveal it around other people. No, he always waits till there are no people around, till there are no cameras trained on him. He will be nice to the pokemon, show it true kindness. He may pet it, feed it, or just show it that he cares. The only hint to his compassion is this: Not once has he ever taken a hit against a pokemon. Not once.

History: When he was raised in pewter city, Jeffery was a happy child. He grew up, lived, loved, and lost. Little is known about him in his early years, and there is only a brief outline. At first, he was considered to be a joyful, happy child. He had normal relations with his parents from the time he entered kindergarten, to when he finally left 7th grade. There was an 'event' during that summer, and it was what started the timer. His relationship with his parents grew rockier as time passed. He eventually turned completely inward, and he ran away, never to be seen again by anyone other than those that hid from the law: The criminals.

Unknown to the rest of the world, Jeff continued to live, hiding himself from the light of the 'Justice'. He relished his new life, no one looked down on him, no one judged him. He could do anything, be anyone, and not be judged or punished. He began to do jobs for some of the other criminals, and his reputation grew...By the time he turned 16, his name was known throughout all of the black market. His job? Assassination. He was working for the most powerful group of criminals in his area. The Black pidgeys. They hated those that betrayed them, which was just what Jeff decided to do. When they last saw him before he escaped, he gave them a message: "I only did this to prove a point. I can do what I want, and none have the power to stop me." Jeff escaped the pidgeys, and fled to another continent: Orre.

It was mirror B that drew Jeff to Orre. Mirror B had an air of power, something that Jeff felt pulled toward, just like a magnet. It was the Air of power that dragged Jeff towards him, power that could give power to another. This kept Jeff interested, kept him from just making an attempt on mirror B's life. He did the odd job in Pyrite town, until he began getting rep again. He knew that eventually it would cause the bigger clients to fall upon him, so he slowed down, but that didn't help at all. Eventually a larger gang caught up with him and gave him a reward that he could not refuse: A pokemon. Jeff took the job and did it with expert precision. They should never have lied to him…

Jeff killed all of them, he spared no one. It was done cleanly, no evidence was left behind. No one knew where he went after this, and he is still searched for by members of the gang's affiliates they won't find him…He ran to Beklan.

Starter choice: Aron (If requests are at all possible, could you make this one female?)

Extra: *points to Apocalyptic Dawn*

{EDIT}

I'll have my trainer card up tomorrow, with my custom sprite! (hopefully)

Century

CANDY FUCHSiA BUiCK
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2019
    Name: Chris Black
    Nickname: Century
    Appearance:
    Century is handsome in the way that could draw you in, for better or for worse. He stands in at 5'11, not extremely tall for his age, but not short either. He feels rather tall, even thought many people are a bit taller than him, but he doesn't mind. He has jet black hair, which smoothly comes over his left eye as all his hair that comes down onto his forehead is pushed to his left, creating a bit of a fringe effect. He has sharp blue eyes, which can seemingly see right through people who fake themselves, as Century has a bit of a knack for that. Underneath his right eye, a deep scar is embedded into the semi-tanned flesh of Century. His five o'clock shadow is evident, making him look older than he really is.

Judging by his average build, you would think he would be on a pokemon adventure, as his average build would make him seem like a good candidate for an adventure. However, his build is rarely seem, as Century is usually seen in a black leather jacket, with a right breast pocket. Underneath his jacket is a shirt of his choosing, usually something in white, so it makes his outfit look more co-ordinated. He usually carries a black backpack which is slung over both of his shoulders full of supplies and food for both him and his pokemon. Over his shirt, a silver chain is visible. A plastic pendant in the shape and color of a Boulder Badge hangs from it, something with some significant meaning to it to Century. On the inside left side of his coat are holsters for his pokeballs. His pants are usually always ripped acid washed blue jeans, with large tears in the knees and a small tear on the right hamstring. His pair of black sneakers finish his outfit, worn with time.

Personality:
    Century isn't one for too many words. He will certainly carry on a conversation, but he will never let on about himself without persuasion. He knows when enough is enough, and tries to stay away from talking about himself, as he doesn't want to be figured out. He goes under the moniker 'Century' to keep people from finding out about him. Whenever conversation drifts about him and his past, he will always steer it in another direction.

He is very caring for the ones he is close to, as he is quick to form emotional bonds with certain people that attempt to break the surface with him in the right way. He cares deeply for his pokemon, and tries his very hardest to keep them in tip top shape, priding in his care of his pokemon. If he had to, he would give his own food and starve if it meant that his pokemon would be happy and fed. In battle, Century uses strategy and tries not to be rash, planning out the best moves possible so the battle goes in his favor. He will also show mercy on his opponents, not wanting to damage his opponents pokemon, trying to be as caring as possible. His commands seem calm as a slight breeze on a sunny day, never straining too much, and when he's losing, he never lets it show. However, he can show some cockiness when the battle is going in his favor, but he tries not to rub it in. Century's favorite type of pokemon is rock type, as he grew up in Pewter City.

History:
    Century was raised in Pewter City in the region of Kanto looking up to the local Gym Leader Brock, who was more or less his idol. Century was amazed with the way Brock would handle opponents with ease and show great pride in caring for his pokemon. A trait that Century wanted. However, he had no pokemon to do so with. Century was often seen at the gym, watching the gym battles against trainers who have travelled far and wide to challenge him. At age 14, Brock noticed him as a mainstay, and one day, offered to train Century. He was ecstatic. He went home to ask his parents if he could get trained by Brock, and they said no.

Century begged and begged and begged, but they wouldn't budge. This enraged Century, who wanted this opportunity so bad, but his parents said no because they thought pokemon 'promoted violence'. This angered Century so bad, he ran away back to Pallet Town, where he would get his first pokemon and begin on his quest.

Starter choice: Ghastly
    Extra: Century's favorite pokemon type is rock!
    Trainer Card:
    Adventures in Beklan

Years
    Century - accepted.

Chapter 1: Plentiful Pokémon
    Number of Posts: 1

Today's the day! You will all head over to Professor Regan's laboratory to receive your very first Pokémon. As you head through the recently built town, you might begin to realize just how much Beklan has changed if you've lived here your entire life. The streets are cleanly paved now. Fences are beautifully painted. Houses and shops look brilliant and new. The thing that sticks out most to you, the lab, is the best feature in the entire town. The lab looks like it has several stories to it. It's made from white brick and has white fences heading out and all around the property. You cannot see the end of these fences, but you can see the numerous Pokémon that are playing in this area. As you knock on the door, you may begin to wonder what Pokémon is in store for you. Some of you may hope for a choice, while others don't really care.

Professor Arthur Regan opens the door. He's around twenty-one now. He looks a bit rumpled and scraggly as if he stayed up all night. Some of you might ask him about this. If you do, he'll simply explain that some of the new Pokémon have been quite a hand full. Then he will lead you past the main room and into a back room. There he will show you inside a new door, and then you'll be able to see them. There are nine Poké Balls here. They each have the name of a Pokémon on a strip of paper next to their balls. Professor Regan will happily declare that you can have whichever you chose. Now you pick.

pikakip:

Aron
    Level: 6
    Ability: Rock Head
    Nature: Any
    Moves: Tackle, Harden, Dragon Rush* (Can't use yet)

Minator Ninja:

Growlithe (Pups)
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Nature: Serious
    Moves: Bite, Roar, Ember, Heat Wave* (Can't use yet)

sandeon:

Eevee
    Ability: Adaptability
    Nature: Hardy
    Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand, Wish** (Special Egg move)

Broadway:

Sandshrew
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Nature: Docile
    Moves: Scratch, Defence Curl, Mud Shot** (Special Egg move)

SethMetal37:

Sneasel
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Nature: Naïve
    Moves: Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Ice Punch** (Special Egg move)

The Jewel of Life:

Riolu
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Nature: Hasty
    Moves: Quick Attack, Foresight, Endure, Counter, Blaze Kick* (Can't use yet)

Breezy:

Scyther (Carti)
    Ability: Swarm
    Nature: Modest
    Moves: Quick Attack, Leer, Focus Energy, Silver Wind** (Special Egg move)

shortdan1998:

Gible
    Nature: Adamant
    Moves: Tackle, Sand Attack, Dragonbreath** (Special Egg move)

Century:

Gastly
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Quirky
    Moves: Hypnosis, Lick, Spite, Will-o-Wisp** (Special Egg move)

Once you have picked your Pokémon, Professor Regan might choose to say a few words about the one you picked. He will then hand you a Pokédex, some Poké Balls (which have been specially designed to respond to a trainer's voice, i.e. open when that trainer says so), and a map. He then explains that this map might be the one thing that will help you through the region, and tells you not to lose it. He also explains a little about the newly enhanced Pokédex. The main thing is that it can now calculate how much your Pokémon likes you. Arthur will tell you to be very careful with the Pokédex as well, seeing as how it's the only one you'll get. He'll then dismiss you, wish you luck, and send you on your way. Your next destination is Route 401.

sandeon

My Brand!
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2022
    I ran excitedly toward the lab ready to receive my first Pokémon. The pavement was new and the whole town seemed new and bright. <I wonder what Pokémon I'm going to get!> I thought to myself as I ran. I had gone over the possible choices for starters; if it was Pokémon from Kanto I'd be sure to choose charmander. If it were from Johto id choose cyndaquill. If it were from Hoenn I'd get torchic. But if it where Shinno I'd choose piplup. And if the professor pulled a fast one I had studied lots of Pokémon to be on the advantage. I made it to the gate and crouched catching my breath; I had ran from the other side of town nonstop to get here.

The door opened and a man in his early twenties and hadn't slept in a week stood in the doorway. "Hello there! You must be one of the new trainers I've been waiting for!" he said with energy I would have never thought he had in his current state of appearance. "Yes I am!" I said as he gestured me in. He led me down a hall that appeared to be a dead end. "You're the first one here today." He said with a somewhat excited tone. I smiled. <That means I get first pick of the Pokémon!> We got to what appeared to be the end of the hall and turned right headed to a door. We walked through the door into a room with a table in the middle where nine pokeballs lay. "Go ahead," he began, "your choice. But choose wisely, it's your first Pokémon so it's important to pick the right one."

I looked at the names of each Pokémon; Aron, Growlithe, Eevee, Sandshrew, Sneasle, Riolu, Scyther, Gible, and Ghastly. I thought hard, <It's up to two Pokémon, Eevee and Growlithe. Growlithe is my favorite type and a great companion, but I read that Eevee's fire evolution's power stat is the highest of all fire type Pokémon but tied with a legendary Pokémon named Ho-oh!> after I remembered that last tidbit, I knew my choice. "I'll take Eevee!" I declared. "Ok he's yours!" I picked up my pokeball and I had a big smile on my face. <My first Pokémon!> "And you would want these too! A pokedex, with the newest feature, it can tell how much your Pokémon likes you! Plus five pokeballs and your navigation through the Beklan region, a map!" he handed me the items and I put them in my bag. "Thank you professor!" I said and I walked out of the room and out of the lab. Then I broke into a run, bound for route 401!

I was almost to route 401 when it donned on me, I hadn't even met my partner yet! "Eevee come on out!" I shouted as I threw the pokeball into the air. "Eevee!" he said as he smiled at me. I crouched down and looked at him. "Hi Eevee!" Eevee looked at me then began to walk around me. She stopped in front of my bag. "Eev!" "My bag?" I asked. He nodded his head and I opened my bag. He peeked into my bag and then hopped in and got comfortable. "You like it in there?" "Eevee!" he said. I knew it was a yes. "Would you rather your pokeball?" he instantly looked worried and shook his head no. "Ok, you can ride in my bag if you don't ruin my laptop, and if you promise you're comfortable." "Eev!" he replied saying yes yet again. "I have to close the flap now ok?" he nodded and I closed the flap and I continued on my journey.

shortdan1998

Rawr! I'm back, baby!
    Years
    Century - accepted.

Chapter 1: Plentiful Pokémon
    Number of Posts: 1

Today's the day! You will all head over to Professor Regan's laboratory to receive your very first Pokémon. As you head through the recently built town, you might begin to realize just how much Beklan has changed if you've lived here your entire life. The streets are cleanly paved now. Fences are beautifully painted. Houses and shops look brilliant and new. The thing that sticks out most to you, the lab, is the best feature in the entire town. The lab looks like it has several stories to it. It's made from white brick and has white fences heading out and all around the property. You cannot see the end of these fences, but you can see the numerous Pokémon that are playing in this area. As you knock on the door, you may begin to wonder what Pokémon is in store for you. Some of you may hope for a choice, while others don't really care.

Professor Arthur Regan opens the door. He's around twenty-one now. He looks a bit rumpled and scraggly as if he stayed up all night. Some of you might ask him about this. If you do, he'll simply explain that some of the new Pokémon have been quite a hand full. Then he will lead you past the main room and into a back room. There he will show you inside a new door, and then you'll be able to see them. There are nine Poké Balls here. They each have the name of a Pokémon on a strip of paper next to their balls. Professor Regan will happily declare that you can have whichever you chose. Now you pick.

pikakip:

Aron
    Ability: Rock Head
    Nature: Any
    Moves: Tackle, Harden, Dragon Rush* (Can't use yet)

Minator Ninja:

Growlithe (Pups)
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Nature: Serious
    Moves: Bite, Roar, Ember, Heat Wave* (Can't use yet)

sandeon:

Eevee
    Ability: Adaptability
    Nature: Hardy
    Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand, Wish** (Special Egg move)

Broadway:

Sandshrew
    Nature: Docile
    Moves: Scratch, Defence Curl, Mud Shot** (Special Egg move)

SethMetal37:

Sneasel
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Nature: Naïve
    Moves: Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Ice Punch** (Special Egg move)

The Jewel of Life:

Riolu
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Nature: Hasty
    Moves: Quick Attack, Foresight, Endure, Counter, Blaze Kick* (Can't use yet)

Breezy:

Scyther (Carti)
    Ability: Swarm
    Nature: Modest
    Moves: Quick Attack, Leer, Focus Energy, Silver Wind** (Special Egg move)

shortdan1998:

Gible
    Nature: Adamant
    Moves: Tackle, Sand Attack, Dragonbreath** (Special Egg move)

Century:

Gastly
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Quirky
    Moves: Hypnosis, Lick, Spite, Will-o-Wisp** (Special Egg move)

Once you have picked your Pokémon, Professor Regan might choose to say a few words about the one you picked. He will then hand you a Pokédex, some Poké Balls (which have been specially designed to respond to a trainer's voice, i.e. open when that trainer says so), and a map. He then explains that this map might be the one thing that will help you through the region, and tells you not to lose it. He also explains a little about the newly enhanced Pokédex. The main thing is that it can now calculate how much your Pokémon likes you. Arthur will tell you to be very careful with the Pokédex as well, seeing as how it's the only one you'll get. He'll then dismiss you, wish you luck, and send you on your way. Your next destination is Route 401.
    (OOC: Okay I would like to nickname my Gible... Daedalus! And since this is my first post in this RP, I will just state how I walk in, state his nickname, and then go outside after he dismisses me.)

Today was the day that that I was going to get a Pokémon. And since I knew that would happen, I was up probably half the night thinking about the Pokémon that Professor Arthur Regan would have for me. Personally, I wanted a dragon Pokémon and had much time discussing the pros and cons with my mom, yet even though there were so many more cons than pros, I still believe that it will be the best choice for me.

When I first woke up, the first thing that hit me was: WHAT TIME IS IT?! And because of this, I was almost late even though I had camped outside the laboratory itself. This was mostly because, one I can't afford a house, and two my hometown is all the way in Sinnoh. I had a lot of attention around because one, normally tents aren't in towns where people live, and two, it was really close to time to get my... who knows what numbered Pokémon. When it was time, the other trainers came, even though they were probably complete strangers to me, and we entered the laboratory as the professor welcomed us. I was completely oblivious to this otherwise and was amazed at the level of technology in the building because the most advanced that I had seen next to a computer was a scientific calculator and a Poké ball put together.

He led us through the room, and through a back door where there were nine Poké balls waiting for us, and next to them a slip of paper telling us their names. I of course was immediately drawn to the Gible on the far right end of the table, and told the professor which Pokémon I immediately wanted, considering everything which was putting me at stake of harm.

"I'll have this one!" I exclaimed, without hesitating and pointing to the Poké ball with the Gible.

I waited for the professor to reply, and he said from the other side of the room, "Yes, yes, you can have him." He also hurried over and gave me a Pokédex and five Poké balls along with a town map. As soon as I opened the Pokédex, I saw how much data it carried, and immediately ran outside as the professor shouted at me, "Be careful! Don't lose the town map or the Pokédex as it can tell you how much your Pokémon likes you!" And with that I was already outside at the entrance to route 401. I wanted to test out the Pokédex so I let Daedalus, my Gible, out and opened the Pokédex. I immediately got results for Gible and how much he liked me! 'This Pokémon has an adamant nature, and knows the moves: Tackle, Sand Attack, and Dragonbreath. He likes you a little bit.'

"All right! I can tell this is going to be quite a long journey," I sighed as Daedalus had run into a wall.

Last edited:

Century

CANDY FUCHSiA BUiCK
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2019
    Adventures in Beklan

Century walked slowly along the paved path of Cheltin Town, eager to finally start his journey as a pokemon trainer. "I wonder what kind of pokemon I will get.." He mutters to himself wonderingly. He approached the lab of Professor Regan, looking in the yard which is bound together by a beautiful white picket fence. Inside the fence playing on the dark green grass are various types of pokemon which are joyous in the yard. Century smiles and rubs his hand through his jet black hair, yawning softly. He opens the door to the laboratory and steps inside, seeing the professor himself scribing some information down madly on a paper, before looking up and seeing Century's figure walk in the door.

"Ah! You must be Century!" He says broadly. Century nods. "Are you excited to start your pokemon journey?" He smiles.

"More than anything." Century smiles modestly.

"Well, before I can give you your pokemon, there is some other items I have to give you before we can begin." He explains with a yawn, "First, your pokedex," He begins as he hands a red pokedex over to Century. He flips it open, examining the bright screen. He shrugs and puts it in his breast pocket as the professor continues. "These.." He says as he holds a group of pokeballs in his hands, "These pokeballs are designed to respond to your voice. Try it out." He smiles, and drops them into Century's hands.

He looks down at them, before firmly speaking, "Open." The pokeballs in his hands all open up. "Close!" The pokeballs all close. He then clips them to the inside of his jacket. Century smiles to himself as the professor hands him a map.

"Now, this is a map of the region. It will come in for great use for you, so don't lose it as you will only recieve one." Century nods, and slides his backpack off of his back before opening it and putting the map inside it. "Now," The professor grins, "Since you're the third one here, it's time to get your pokemon."

"Dang.." Century thinks, "Looks like I don't have all the choices." He shrugged and followed the professor down a long hallway to a room where 7 pokeballs are sitting.

"Century, any one of these seven pokemon can be yours. Pick wisely." The professor goads, and Century looks at the seven remaining pokeballs with pieces of tape stuck on them.

Aron.. Riolu... Sandshrew.. Growlithe.. Sneasel.. Scyther.. Gastly..

Century thought wisely for a moment, thinking of the best pokemon choice he could make. "Hmm.. No rock pokemon.. But there is a ghost type which is immune to the attacks of normal pokemon.. I think thats the wisest decision." He nods, and walks over to the pokeball with 'Gastly' written on it before picking it up.

"I think I'll take this one professor." Century says.

"Well so be it Century," The Professor nods, "Good luck on your journey!"

Century nods, "Thank you."

And with that, he spun on his heels and out of the hallway he was down before until he was outside of the lab. He pulled the pokeball with 'Gastly' written on it before peeling off the tape. "Gastly! Come out!" He speaks, and the pokeball opens, and the shadow ball that is Gastly pops out.

"Ghaaasssst!" It hisses. Century smiles as he pulls out his pokedex.

"Gastly- the gas pokemon," His pokedex begins robotically, "Its thin body is made of gas. It can envelop an opponent of any size and cause suffocation."

Century nods, before putting his pokedex away in his breast pocket. "I can tell you are going to be a very big part in me becoming to pokemon champion." Century smiles, "What do you think?"

"Ghaaaaast!" Ghastly hisses again, before floating over the head of Century.

"Well, we had better start on our journey, we don't want to let those other two get far ahead of us!" Century grins, as his Gastly floats above his shoulder. He looks at his pokeball, before looking back at Gastly. "Alright, I suppose you don't have to go back in your ball, just promise me you won't be bad." Century says sternly.

"Ghaaaast!" The pokemon speaks in a higher pitch.

"Good enough for me." Century shrugs his shoulders, before the two start out for Route 401.

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
    Their it is, Zeph thought. The Lab. I'll get my first Pokemon here.

Their was just one problem. Zeph was standing about thirty feet away, behind a tree, and too nervous to move any closer. Come on Zeph. He thought. Go get your first Pokemon, Marowak's waiting for you to become an awesome trainer. He couldn't help it though. He was just too nervous. He had already watched two trainers go in and out. If Zeph didn't hurry, he would miss out. All of a sudden, Zeph saw another person walking in the direction of the Lab. Gotta hurry, Zeph thought. How can I get my body to move. He thought for a few minutes, and finally thought of something as the third trainer left the lab. He moaned at the thought of something so embarrassing.

"I hate getting over excited," Zeph groaned. Ok Zeph. Just think of how awesome it would be to have a fire type Pokemon. Think of how amazing it would be to be in control of something that can shoot flames out of it's mouth. Zeph drooled at the thought of all that fire, then gave an evil smirk. Zeph stepped out from behind the tree, crouched down like someone about to do the hundred meter dash, and shot off at full speed toward the lab screaming that fire types ruled. When he got to the door, he was about to collapse.

"I'm really" -huff- "out of" -huff- "shape." Zeph said. He knocked on the door. He heard foot steps walking hurriedly towards the door. Zeph noticed he was leaning on the door, and realized it would be a bad idea if he was still doing it when the door opened. Before he could even shift his weight, the door opened and a second later Zeph was face down on the floor.

"Oh man are you ok?" said Professor Regan. He helped Zeph off the floor and on too his feet.

"Yeah I'm fine," Zeph said, rubbing his nose. He had a terrible headache.

"I'm Zeph. I'm here to get a Pokemon?"
    "Ah yes right this way," said Professor Regan. "I'm Professor Regan by the way. So your Zeph? Glad to meet you. The Pokemon are right over their, but first, I need to give you a few things. First are your poke balls, which are voice activated by the way." Zeph grabbed the poke balls put them in his… Zeph realized he didn't have anything to put his stuff in! "Something wrong?" The Professor asked.

Zeph realized he had frozen with a pained look on his face. Zeph shook his head. "Nothing. I just realized I don't have anything to carry any of this in." The Professor looked around for a second, walked over to a hat rack and pulled a draw-string bag off it. Zeph wanted to ask why a bag was on a hat rack, but decided against it.
    "Here you can use this until you get another one. Then you need to return this one to me. Ok?" said Professor Regan.

"Sure," Zeph said. "and thanks." Zeph took the bag and put the poke balls in it.

"Ok, so you have your poke balls, here's your PokeDex. This along with recording data on Pokemon in it, it can tell you how much your Pokemon like you," said Regan.

"Cool," Zeph said.

"And finally here are the Pokemon you can choose from," Regan said. Zeph looked over the poke balls and the tags next them. He immediately noticed the name Growlithe, and with the speed of lighting snatched the poke ball off the desk and stuffed it in his new bag.

"I'll take this one," Zeph said, and walked towards out the door shouting out a thanks just before leaving. As he walked passed the gate and towards Route 401, he stopped and pulled the poke ball out of the bag and looked at it. My first Pokemon, Zeph thought as a huge smile split his face. "Alright! Come on out Growlithe!" Called Zeph. In a flash of red light, a little red puppy with black stripes, a white tuft of fur on it's head and a white puffy tail appeared. It had a very serious look on it's face and sat straight up, not moving an inch. This puppy's gotta loosen up, Zeph thought. "You need a nickname, don't ya." Said Zeph. "How about…Pups. You like Pups, right?" He asked the Growlithe.

She sat their for a second, then said "Grow!" Zeph looked at Pups for a second, then said "Off to route 401!"

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    Teddy checked out of the bed and breakfast with a mingled feeling of nerves and eagerness. He'd barely been here for a couple of days, only enough to do a few walking tours of the neighborhood around the place (it would've cost too much to ship his bike from back home, sadly) but what he'd seen had been very pleasant. The local library was a little sparse, but there had been some books there he'd never seen back home. His notebook was already starting to fill up, and he hadn't even started on his travels yet.

Well, Ma would've said he had the moment he'd left Sinnoh, but he'd only felt like he was in transit then, like a package being mailed. He was about to get his own pokemon now, given by the region's own professor... that was the real start.

And... there was the place Teddy was going to start from. That was the lab, definitely, even without checking the address, Teddy could tell. It was an impressive building, tall and wide, though it was the fenced-in area off either side that Teddy was really interested in, and he stopped along one to lean over and stare at the half-garden, half-wild-looking area on the other side.

"Sandshrew," he said to himself, seeing two yellow-and-white pokemon roll over and over in a wrestling ball. They broke apart, and one chased the other into a sand pit at the far back of area. One dove right into the pit, vanishing with incredible ease into the ground. The other padded around on top, all four hands and feet pressed to the ground, almost like it could tell where its playmate was... and then sand sprayed everywhere as the first one popped up, immediately under the second one, and then they were off wrestling again.

"GROWW!! GROWOWOWOWOW!!!" the barking was shrill and abrupt and Teddy jumped back from the fence, eyes going wide in surprise. "GROWOWOWOW!" came the barking again, and Teddy could see orange and white fur through the fence slats. Coming near again, Teddy looked more carefully over, and saw a little Growlithe on the other side, forepaws up against the fence, and mouth open in a wide, tongue-lolling grin. The barking was more attention-getting than warning, Teddy thought. The fluffy tail was certainly wagging hard.

"Oh, hi," Teddy said. He wasn't about to stick his hand over the side to pet it, though the pup did seem to be inviting him to play. Rambunctious little thing. He grinned automatically in response to the pokemon's expression. "You look energetic, don't you?" he said, half to himself. It was also loud.

"Growlithe! Growowow!" Teddy heard, this time from farther in. A couple more of the puppies were bounding about, seemingly calling back their friend. The one at the fence grinned at Teddy a couple more minutes before shoving off from the fence and dashing off toward the others. The met in a shower of bright embers that died off before most hit the grass, though Teddy could see singed spots here and there where they'd been walking.

The little puppy pack separated in a rush all of a sudden, as something tiny and white charged through. Tiny body, big head, it looked like it was made for ramming, and had knocked the three Growlithe apart like bowling pins.

"Ah, Aron?" Teddy squinted. Yeah, he was pretty sure.

"That's correct," Teddy heard from off to one side, and he blinked and looked over. A young, rumpled-looking guy in a lab coat was leaning on the fence next to him.

"Oh, hi," Teddy said, and straightened up politely. "Uh, sir," he added. He recognized Professor Regan, it would be hard not to. He was an expert already, at his age—that was amazing!

"Don't call me sir," Regan made a face, and Teddy smiled a little, and nodded. "Come on in, you can pick one out, instead of just looking at them from out here."

"Oh, yeah, please," Teddy rocked a little on his heels, and Professor Regan laughed.

"This way," he waved at Teddy to follow him. They went through the front door into a large room full of machinery and shelving, and Teddy's fingers itched a little to reach for those volumes, but the Professor was walking on, and through the second door, Teddy forgot all about the books.

Arranged on the table were pokeballs, in a neat row, each labeled with a bit of paper as to the inhabitant. A couple were already gone, and Teddy stared at the available choices, wondering how anyone could possibly pick. Though, maybe if there was a Magnemite or a Diglett among them, Teddy would've picked either. His parents' pokemon were good friends, and he couldn't help be pretty biased.

Well... since he wasn't sure... "Do you have any that are... quiet?" Teddy asked, "I mean, like, not sluggish or anything, just not..."

"Spazzy?" Regan offered, and Teddy shrugged on shoulder with a chuckle.

"Yeah, I guess. Calm, or relaxed? I'm new at this, I guess I just don't want to be a bad trainer, so starting with one who's high-strung might not be—" he stopped talking when the Professor held up a hand.

"Look, don't overthink it, okay? Just be good, I mean, be kind. Start from there," he said, "but I still know what you mean. I just don't want you to underestimate yourself. The fact that you are worry about that makes me thing you don't actually have much to worry about at all."

"Oh," Teddy said, smiling. That was nice to hear. It didn't make him less nervous, but maybe a little more confident, even so.

"If I was going to suggest someone though, maybe..." his finger pointed and moved along the line of remaining pokeballs to rest on the one labeled Sandshrew.

Teddy through of the pair he'd seen cavorting in the yard. Digging around—now that was something he was used to. A ground-type, like Dad's.

Teddy took the pokeball and felt the weight of it in his hand, nodding to himself. "My dad has a Dugtrio," he said, and Regan nodded too.

"I remember that from your letter," he said. "And so you might see a few things in common, since this guy is a ground type. It's a he, by the way," he added. "Easygoing little guy, you'll see, but he's good in a battle, too. Definitely not high-strung," he assured Teddy. "I think you'll match up well. Now," he went on, "his pokeball, and these too—" he gestured Teddy over to follow him to a nearby shelf, and presented him with additional pokeballs, "are programmed to voice command." Teddy's eyebrows raised, and Regan laughed. "I know—nice feature, eh? And here's your map—don't lose it! And last but not least..." he handed Teddy a pokedex. "Don't lose that either, you hear? They are not cheap to come by."

"No way," Teddy said, totally certain about that at least. That pokedex, after the pokemon, was the most important thing he was getting today.

"Good," Regan grinned. "Now, get outta here, new trainer. I have work to do, and you have to get introduced." He made a shoo-ing motion at Teddy.

"Thanks," Teddy said, fully heartfelt.

"Don't forget to check in from time to time," Regan added. "I like to know how my pokemon are doing, from time to time, as well as the trainers."

Outside, Teddy walked in a slight daze, right past the yard that had grabbed his attention so fully not twenty minutes ago. His left hand was wrapped tight around the Sandshrew's pokeball, hard enough that it was starting to hurt. Definitely still nervous. But he wasn't going to head off on the Route without meeting his new partner, even though part of him wanted to head there right now. Despite his nerves, knowing what was out there waiting for him was pulling him along as well as if someone had tied an actual rope around his waist.

He dug in his heels, metaphorically, at the next side street he passed. Midmorning now, no one was around, and the small children's park was empty, despite the weather, no parents with toddlers or anything.

Nice and sandy, though. He pulled out the pokeball. While walking, he'd already done the voice-recognition set up, so... "Come out," he said, and tossed it upward.

It opened and red light spilled out, flashing around and down to concentrate and coalesce into a shape not unlike the ones in the yard, same blunt nose and short tail, strong back legs... then the light faded to leave the Sandshrew in full living presence and colour, blinking up at him.

"H-hi," Teddy started, stammering in his excitement.

"Saaaaandshhhh..." it—he replied.

Teddy crouched down so he was closer to eye-level with the Sandshrew, and he gave Teddy a happy look, his big black eyes bright and alert. Unthinking, Teddy raised his hand to scratch lightly at an itch on his jaw, and the Sandrew copied him, raising his sturdy claws to scratch lightly under his own muzzle.

Teddy laughed and the Sandshrew did too, chortling with a "Sh-Sh-Sh" sound.

"Well, I'm Teddy, and I'm pleased to meet you," he introduced himself. He held out a hand, palm up.

"Ssssand," the Sandshrew replied equably, and put his own hand on Teddy's. His claws felt dull-pointed but very hard, able to inflict a good hit, Teddy had no doubt. He got a little braver and reached out to touch the Sandshrew's head, feeling the thick, hard hide. When he ran his fingers down under its chin, for a little chin-rub that the Sandshrew seemed to very much appreciate, he could feel the difference right away, the softer skin in the front. They curled up in defence, Teddy knew, to protect the soft underbelly.

"I don't know if you were in there a long time, you can go play if you want to," Teddy offered, after a light tap on the nose. The Sandshrew drew itself up straight at that, and clapped its hands together, and then it was off. "Just, um, don't dig up any of the jungle-gym posts!" Teddy added. It didn't look like he needed to worry though. The Sandshrew headed right for the sandbox. He didn't seem to be in the mood for any intensive digging anyway; he spent a good half-hour shoving sand around, rolling in it, burrowing just barely under the surface to make grooves that he then filled in again. Then he took a nap, or Teddy assumed that's what he was doing, only his nose poking up through the sand.

Teddy pulled out his notebook and scribbled while he watched, noting down how the Sandshrew played aimlessly and very happily. He is very comfortable already. No obvious stress from being given to a new trainer.

The Sandshrew got up from his maybe-a-nap after ten minutes or so, shook off the sand, then trotted back to Teddy looking surprisingly energized.

"I hope you'll enjoy traveling with me," Teddy said. "We're going to see all of Beklan." He stood up. "Are you ready?" Teddy pulled his backpack on, feeling the pull of the Route again. "Let's go see stuff," he said, looking down at his partner.

"Saaandshrew!" The Sandshrew declared firmly.

Lostworld

cosmic castaway
    Years
    Slap. Crunch. Slap again. Sophia's shoes made an odd sound on the clean and crisp concrete sidewalk. She walked fairly fast, one hand clutching her bag strap, the other keeping her hair out of her face. Nervous walking, Sophia knew that was what she was doing at the moment. She could now just see the lab come into view.

Slow down, she told herself, chill out. She slowed her pace but kept walking. This was it. The moment would soon arrive, getting her first Pokemon. An event she had been forced to undertake. The thought had always been there though, for being a trainer and adventuring with Pokemon was a common theme in the novels Sophia withdrew herself into. All she knew, she'd learnt from her books but that meant near nothing in the reality of her world. Today would be the time to test.

The lab's doors seemed huge as Sophia stood infront of them. Nervously she knocked on the door then took a step back, gripping her bag strap even tighter. She thought back to her family, her erratic and slightly annoying mother giving her useless advice for her journey ahead and her father gifting her with an old plastic compass with a crack, telling her he used it for his own journey, which did not last for very long. She thought about all the books she was leaving behind..

Sophia was startled when the door suddenly swung open, revealing the man she knew must be Professor Regan. He looked worn out, his tired eyes and his scruffy appearance making Sophia wonder if she wasn't wanted. Despite these thoughts, the Professor ushered her inside the lab. Sophia stepped around papers littering the floor, following the Professor. Something had obviously been wrecking havoc in the lab.

"Now, Sophia, was it?" Sophia could only nod in reply to Professor Regan. "Here are the Pokemon, you may choose whichever you like, I'll just go and grab your Pokedex and Pokeballs."

Sophia watched the Professor hurry out of the room before she turned to the Pokeballs. She read the labels carefully, saying each name under her breath. Some of the Pokemon were familiar to her, the Growlithe and the Sandshrew. Others were not familiar at all and left Sophia wondering how to pronounce the name 'Gible' properly.

The name not so familiar to Sophia was Scyther.

"Scyther," The word floated off her tongue.

"Ah, so you'll take the Scyther?"

Sophia spun around, her bag coming into contact with three Pokeballs, knocking them off the table. Sophia held her breath as they fell, wondering quickly if the Pokemon could get hurt in anyway. Two of the Pokeballs landed, rolled around on the floor and stopped at the Professor's shoes. The other fell straight on the white button. It opened and in a flash of white light revealed a Pokemon who looked quite annoyed for being woken up. A sharp green colour, the Pokemon had three points on it's head, stood on strong and solid claws, had creme coloured wings that twitched every now and then and long silver swords for arms. The swords seemed a little blunt, Sophia noticed but that didn't detract from the pride this Pokemon seemed to radiate.

"Scyther it is then?" Professor Regan said to Sophia as he picked up the rogue Pokeballs. "She's in need of some proper training, you'll have your work cut out for you,"

"She?"

The Professor laughed. "Yes, she. This here Scyther's a female, proud one at that,"

The Scyther nodded quickly at the Professor before turning to look at Sophia. Scyther was roughly a head and a half shorter than the young girl.

"Uh, hi," Sophia almost mumbled. The Scyther looked confused, cocking it's head, almost motioning for Sophia to talk again. "I'm Sophia,"

"Scyther," She nodded again.

"Here's your Pokedex, it has information on Pokemon, these are Pokeballs, voice activated as well, and lastly, here's a map. I think you'll be needing that the most,"

The Professor handed the items to Sophia as she scrambled to shove them into her bag. Lastly, he handed her the Scyther's Pokeball.

"Keep yourself safe and have fun,"

Sophia didn't see the stern look the Professor gave the Scyther as he moved them both towards the door. Sophia turned around to protest that she knew nothing of training yet and where was she even meant to go. But she was outside with her female Scyther with blunt swords and Professor Regan was inside, probably happy that another trainer had finally left his lab.

Sophia turned to Scyther but she had already made her way over to a signpost. Sophia followed, squinting to read the sign in the broad daylight.

"Route 401, huh? That's where we're meant to go?"

Sophia reached into her bag to pull out her new map but the Scyther had already twitched her wings and started to follow the road that led out of town. She turned her head, looking expectantly at her new trainer. Sophia sighed before stuffing the map back into her bag and jogging to catch up with her new Scyther.

SethMetal37

I'm a zombie. BLARG!
    Years
    Ryan had just gotten off of his ship from Cinnabar, which honestly wasn't too long a trip. The impression he was given at first of Beklan was that it wouldn't be a very advanced city, but he was quite surprised at the society and culture he had already discovered.

"At least it's not a complete religious-nut case city" Ryan said to himself.

He had figured, going into a brand new continent that there would be a variety of new Pokemon here, but on the contrary, he found there was not any difference, in terms of Pokemon. The town he was in, Cheltin Town he thought, was quite similar to Pallet Town of Kanto. He had been on a business trip with his dad once and they stayed there after they got off the water.

Ryan spotted what was obviously the lab, as it was the largest building in the town and the only one that didn't look like a house. Ryan thought it would likely be called a village in any modern society. Nevertheless he proceeded into the lab. He was greeted with an awkward smile as he entered the lab. The professor was standing there, as if in a state of shock, staring at Ryan.

"I'm sorry, I need some caffeine young man. I'm the only one that does anything around the lab, so you can imagine I'm a bit strained. " The professor stated as if embarrassed.

As the professor walked away Ryan had noticed that the professor had addressed him as young man, although he didn't look much older than Ryan himself. Ryan shrugged off this idea, thinking that some people just really needed their coffee.

As he waited for the professor to finish his coffee break, he spotted a good bit of high-tech equipment. For a guy that looked to be in his early 20's, this professor surely seemed to know what he was doing.

"Ah, that's much better, I'm sorry now. I'm Professor Regan. I'm guessing you're here for your Pokemon then? What's your name, I've only got about 9 that were to get their Pokemon today." The professor said.

"Oh, Uhm, I'm Ryan Stackson from Cinnabar Island, Kanto."

"Ah, yes. You look the Kantonian type. So what Pokemon have you decided on Ryan" The professor said as he walked into a room of the lab. The room had white walls and still plenty of technical equipment. The floor was almost spotless with nothing touching it except for the bottom of the equipment, a long table with only two Pokeballs on it, and both Professor Regan and Ryan. "Go on, take your pick, it's a 50/50 shot" Professor Regan said, laughing a bit.

"Uh, ok I'll take the Sneasel"

"Excellent choice! Sneasels Evolution Weavile is both the fastest Dark and Ice type Pokemon and a reputation of thievery. The Sneasel you've chosen looks to have a Naïve nature. This Pokemon may not understand everything you ask it to do, as it will act childish many a time."

"I can handle that" Is all Ryan said as the Professor handed him the cooped up Sneasel.

"This Sneasel is also female, so take that in mind. As is customary, here are your 5 Pokeballs, a map, and a brand new Pokedex. This Pokedex is the newest edition, giving you the option of being able to tell your Pokémon's liking of you."

"Alright, thanks Prof." Ryan stated. He really wasn't all too fond of the professor, as he seemed a bit scatterbrained and overzealous.

"You take good care now, and remember to visit me when you've got that Pokedex filled up"

Ryan managed to mumble out an 'alright' while walking out the door. He looked on his map to see which direction he was going.

"Route 401" He said to himself. He immediately released his Sneasel, and she gave him a glaring look. "Alright Sneasel, your gonna be Slacia. Also, get used to stayin out of your Pokeball, I don't really approve of them." Ryan said to his newfound friend.

"Snea" She managed to pronounce, looking around, amazed at the world around her.

Ryan fidgeted with his Pokedex while en route toward Route 401, looking at the new features. He scanned Slacia with his Like-ability app. "Sneasel is not sure of you" the Pokedex said, in an animated voice. He then scanned her for the entry into his PokeDex.

"Sneasel, the sharp claw Pokemon. Sneasel are smart and sneaky Pokemon. A pair of Sneasel may work together to steal eggs by having one lure the parents away. Sneasel currently knows Scratch, Leer, Taunt, and Ice Punch. Sneasel is Naïve in Nature. Sneasels ability is Keen Eye. For more information on the Keen Eye ability, take look in our AbilityDex."

"Wow, that's a lot of information" Ryan said to Slacia, who just looked at him, unsure of what to make of him. Ryan could already tell this was gonna be a long and painful journey, and he in no way wanted to participate.

Years
    Chapter 2: Route 401
    Number of Posts: 1-2

If you look at your maps, you'd realize that Route 401 is most likely the shortest route in the Beklan Region. It goes north from Cheltin Town at first, consists of two small, yet steep hills and finally ends at Valeria City. The route, as you can see which you approach the edge of Cheltin Town, is made up of very tall grasses. It looks like a huge grassland. There are few trees in sight. There is a patch where the grass grows so dense that you cannot even see over it. Best to keep on the trail and not stray, otherwise you might get lost in the grasses. Just keep your eyes peeled for Pokémon along the way!

Pidgey (Common):

Level: 2-5
    Nature: Varies
    Moves: Tackle, Sand Attack*
    *Level 5 Only

Houndour (Common):

Moves: Leer, Ember, Howl*
    *Level 4 Only

Shinx (Uncommon):

Moves: Tackle, Leer*
    *Level 5 Only

Taillow (Rare):

Level: 3-5
    Moves: Peck, Growl, Focus Energy*
    *Level 4 Only

Ekans (Rare):

Level: 3-6
    Moves: Wrap, Leer, Poison Sting*
    *Level 4 And Above

Elekid (Very Rare):

Level: 4-6
    Moves: Leer, Quick Attack

If you say your wild Pokémon you battle knows Quick Attack or some other move with a * to where it's a higher level, then I will grade harder, just so you know. Anyway, end your post with you arriving through the tall grass and seeing Valeria City in the distance. Good luck with your catches, and happy traveling! And remember kids; ALWAYS leave your Pokémon capturing posts with the Poké Balls shaking at the end. Why? Because I decide if you get it. Also, remember that common Pokémon are obviously going to be much easier to capture than rare Pokémon.

Once you've made it through this route, you will officially be in Valeria City. Any questions? Go ahead and VM me. Or better still, now that the OOC thread's up, post any questions in there.

Broadway

Find your wings.
    Years
    Passed what looked like a fighting spot. Grasses torn and flattened with fresh ruts tearing through sod. Looked obvious but the damage will fade in days if left alone.

The site looked like somewhere that pokemon had battled, he was almost sure. In wilderness that was close to towns and cities, he didn't expect too much that would exceed this—he didn't think pokemon would return over and over to the same spot to battle if humans passed nearby frequently. Teddy wasn't very far from the road, though. Maybe there would be bare patches farther in, if some pokemon battled repeatedly. Pokemon who let themselves be caught for training were supposed to enjoy being trained by humans. But probably some who didn't care about humans still liked to fight...

He turned the page and noted the route number on the top corner again. 401. He laughed to himself, still not used that quite yet. It was more exciting than the town, out here, even if little Jeeves wasn't ready to head gung-ho out into the grasses. But if he made good notes, he'd know what to look for when he came back here.

"Priorities," he reminded himself. He hadn't misrepresented himself to the Professor or anything, but he wasn't going to lie and say that getting all the way to the Elite Four was really his goal for any kind of trainer glory... he just wanted to <i>see</i> them fight... but the best way to do that was to fight them himself. "We'll do it, Jeeves," he added, looked down to where the Sandshrew was sitting down next to his feet.

Jeeves looked up at him and gave him a contented look, and Teddy smiled back. Boy, they were a pair of bores, he was sure, compared to the way he remembered some kids at school going on about the trainer life. It wasn't really meant to be scholarly. It was supposed to be crazy motivation and die-hard stubborn persistence to the goal of winning more than anything else.

Or, he told himself, maybe it was whatever the trainer decided. "We'll learn stuff if we want," he said to himself, and clicked the pen to retract the nib before tucking it into the loop on his backpack.

"Sandshhhhhrew," Jeeves sighed through a stretch and stood up, waiting for Teddy to start moving.

"I wonder if there are any kinds of plants that benefit specially from pokemon in the surroundings," Teddy said, half to himself, and mainly just speaking aloud because Jeeves was there to listen. "Not just pollinators, though. Like there's a kind of fern in Johto, I remember reading, that only grows when there's a rotting tree trunk nearby because of the soil chemistry changing with the decomposition of all the wood. Maybe that's indirectly caused from pokemon in the area felling trees more than they'd fall over just from age."

"Ssshhrew," Jeeves replied equably. Teddy had been surprised to discover he could talk aloud, at length, to Jeeves. He didn't normally with other people. And it wasn't like Jeeves understood everything that Teddy was talking about, probably. But Jeeves seemed to encourage him to do it anyway, and after the first hour or so of walking, Teddy had stopped feeling too silly to do it.

"Bidoof certainly knock trees over, but those are always near bodies of water, and definitely not in Johto anyway, maybe..." Teddy continued on, talking all the while as he looked back and forth from either side of the trail, not wanting to let any more battle sites go by without him noticing.

He did, however, fail to notice an actual pokemon, until he stumbled over Jeeves, who had planted himself in Teddy's way.

"Oof," Teddy said as he caught himself, and looked down. Jeeves blinked up at him, tilted his head, and pointed.

"Sssaandsh," he said, and Teddy followed the direction of his little arm to see a Shinx trotting down the trail in their direction. Teddy stepped aside to make room, and Jeeves stepped over as well. He didn't look worried, but he definitely looked like he was firmly placing himself between Teddy and the wild pokemon.

Was it wild, though? It was using the trail like it owned it... well, why shouldn't it, really, Teddy decided.

The Shinx swung out, giving them a cautious berth but otherwise paying them no mind, and Teddy watched it go a little bit farther along before reaching some goal and turning off into the long grass.

Teddy went over to look down where it had walked. The ground was pretty hard here, packed from people—and, apparently, pokemon—using it to move along the route, but he could see one distinct pawprint, which made him inordinately happy. Jeeves came to look at it too, and then pressed his stubby-clawed hand into the ground next to the print. He seemed surprised that they were different, peering at both, then at his own hand.

"Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr," came a low growl from behind them, and Teddy stood up in a rush.

Jeeves took a hop forward, stepping on Teddy's toe in his rush to get in front, and planted all four limbs against the ground.

It was a Houndour. Not very big, not much bigger than the Growlithe that Teddy had seen back at Regan's lab, he didn't think. But it felt a lot different seeing something growl at him out here on the trail, when it was just him alone. Well, him and Jeeves. Still though. His hands gripped at the edge of his sweatshirt without him first realizing, until the fabric heated up in his grip.

"Shhh," Jeeves said, a sort of rustly noise that sounded more like Jeeves saying he was ready than like he was addressing the Houndour.

Which was pacing slowly forward, head low in a pose that didn't look too friendly.

"Um," Teddy said. "Um. Right. Go ahead, Jeeves. Scratch," he added, slightly belatedly, and grimaced at himself. He wouldn't get far at all if he forgot to actually give instructions. "Watch out!" he added, startled, when the Houndour leaped forward and spat a fluttering fiery gob. At least warnings came more naturally!

He had backed up a couple of steps himself, and Jeeves had hopped to one side. That hadn't dodged the Ember attack completely, and the flames splashed off his side. A glancing hit was better than full-on. Sparks settled to the ground, making black spots on the dirt.

Jeeves took a surprisingly long hop forward and swiped at the Houndour from the side, catching it with a blow hard enough to make it stumble to the side. Jeeves took a step back, opening up the distance between them. The Houndour got its feet under it and bared its teeth. "Hououounndrrrrr," it barked, while Jeeves watched, bright eyes steady, and claws dug into the dirt.

It was... impressive, Teddy thought. Or, he was impressed anyway, seeing Jeeves at the ready like that, and poised for instructions. Teddy blinked at that thought, and as little licks of fire appeared between the Houndour's clenched teeth, he spoke again.

"Mud bomb," Teddy said. "It'll work extra well, ground versus fire, like throwing dirt on a campfire..." he trailed off because there was no point in talking too much right now, that would just be distracting. For him at least—Jeeves didn't seem to have that problem. His claws sank into the ground, while he continued watching his opponent, and he scooped up a wad of earth, clutching it to his chest and rolling to one side when the Houndour sent the second Ember attack at him. He didn't avoid fully this time either, the flame landing on his tail, leaving a singed spot before it dissolved into the air. But Jeeves stood up and launched his muddy ball like a shot-put, and it hit the Houndour smack in the face, right in the still-open mouth.

The Houndour choked and sputtered, dropping its head and pawing at its muzzle, spitting and coughing while it tried to scrub the stuff from its eyes.

"Good one," Teddy said to Jeeves. "I think... you won," he said carefully. The Houndour definitely didn't look like it wanted to fight anymore. Or even as if it could... at least for a little while. It shook its head and coughed again, a puff of steamy smoke emerging, and then it eyed Jeeves, and backed into the underbrush off the side of the trail.

"Saaaandshrew," Jeeves nodded, before twisting to inspect the blackened spot on his tail. He prodded at it lightly with one claw, then swept his tail against the ground, and some of the soot from the singeing came off. He seemed satisfied with that, and with himself as well.

Teddy looked at the scuffs in the dirt where he could tell that Jeeves and the Houndour had been fighting. Not to mention the deep divot where Jeeves had gathered earth for his move. Most of the footprints were not easy to make out, though. Teddy thought if he'd found this without knowing who had fought, it would have been easy to guess a ground versus fire battle, but looking at prints on the ground was a lot different than books.

Other information helped of course—he knew that Houndour ran wild around here, so he might guess that, but then that excluded trainers with other species... Teddy pulled out his notebook.

sandeon

My Brand!
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2022
    I continued to walk down the road with Eevee in my bag. The bag started to shake. "Huh?" I crouched down and opened my bag. Eevee leaped out. "Eve!" <Maybe he was tired?> "You ready to go?" I asked. "Eve!" he replied as he nodded. "Ok, let's continue." As we continued to walk a Pidgey flew down from a tree and landed in the grass pecking at the ground.

"You ready Eevee?" he nodded. Pidgey looked up at us. "Eevee Tackle now!" Eevee dashed toward the Pidgey. Seconds before impact Pidgey jumped up and started flapping sand at Eevee. Eevee stopped dead and started to cough. <Sand attack huh?> "Eevee, Tail Whip the sand away!" Eevee began shaking his tail, brushing the sand away. The Pidgey lurched at Eevee and made contact with tackle. "Ve!" "Eevee come back with a tackle!" "Eve!" he made contact and sent the Pidgey back a few feet. "Pidg!" It lurched again. "Eevee doge and use tackle!" Eevee jumped back and when he landed again immediately jumped, and hit! "Pidgey had a little struggle with getting back up. <Ha! It's getting weaker!> Then Pidgey lurched again and hit, with lots of power! Eevee was sent flying back halfway back to me. "Come on Eevee, Tackle!" Eevee had little problem getting back up and ran toward Pidgey. Eevee was almost in touching distance when Pidgey used another sand attack, flinging sand into Eevee's eyes again. "Eevee another Tail…" It was too late, Pidgey darted out of the sand cloud and hit Eevee again. "Eevee no!" <What to do, what to do! Ah!> "Quick Eevee, Wish!" "Eve!" Eevee used the move. "Ok wait for another attack and doge it, then you should regain health!" <If it hits though, he's done for!> Eevee and Pidgey circled each other.

Then Pidgey sprang at Eevee. "Counter with tail whip!" Eevee whapped Pidgey distracting it. Instantly Eevee was healed and was livelier. "Tackle!" Eevee hit and it was a great hit. Pidgey was on the ground breathing really hard and looked about to faint. "Pokeball! Go!" I threw the ball with perception and hit on target. A red light enveloped the Pokémon and it disappeared inside. The ball began to shake wildly, but it started to slow. I just hoped I caught it.

shortdan1998

Rawr! I'm back, baby!
    Years
    "Well then, Daedalus, I guess we ought to head out. Come on!" Eric called to his Gible, Daedalus.

While they walked to the edge of town, they spotted another Pokèmon, "Gible!"

"Well, well... I guess we have another chance to explore. TACKLE!" Eric commanded, as Daedalus hastily charged the target. SMACK! "Woah! Head-on! Now use sand attack!"

Daedalus took a step back and kicked some sand at the new Pokèmon. "Gible!"

"Now, another tackle!" Eric had shouted again, as Daedalus slammed into his target a second time. "Well, I guess we have a Houndour we're fighting! Let's try DRAGONBREATH!"

The Houndour tried to jump back, yet was hit at his side by a glance. "Houndrrrrrrr!"

"Wait for it..." Eric stated patiently, as the Houndour was about to use Ember, "Now, dodge!"

Daedalus tried dodging, yet was too heavy to dodge so fast, was hit straight in the face, although it wasn't very effective. "Gible!"

"Let's try another tackle!" Eric shouted as his Gible had tried dodging a second ember, yet straight to the face again. SMACK! The Houndour was almost down, yet he wouldn't give up just yet.

"Houndrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!" the Houndour growled again, with another ember coming out.

"Counter with Dragonbreath!" Eric commanded again, this time more fiercely.

The Houndour's and Gible's attacks collided and then sped to the side more glancing than head-on as it hit both Pokèmon. "Now, one last TACKLE!" Eric commanded to hopefully end the battle, while the Houndour was stunned, Daedalus, once again, slammed straight into the Houndour. "Now, Pokèball, go!" Eric shouted once again, as he threw the Pokèball at the Houndour, the Pokèball opening upon impact. Then the ball started shaking...

shortdan1998

Rawr! I'm back, baby!
    Years
    "All right!" exclaimed Eric, "Nice work, Daedalus."

"Gible!" Daedalus replied, while Eric headed over to the Pokèball to pick it up. Before he got to the Pokèball, he got a glimpse of a wild Shinx.

"Well, that's enough Pokèmon for today!" Eric said as he picked up the newly caught Houndour. "Let's head to Valeria City then."

As they headed off, Eric and Daedalus had another glimpse of a different Pokèmon, this time a wild Pidgey. They continued on down the path, this time finding a second Shinx, growling as if it wouldn't let them pass. "Shinx!"

"Gible!" Daedalus shouted back, this time ready for commands from Eric.

"Dragonbreath! And follow up with a Tackle!" Eric had replied as the Shinx started charging Daedalus. SMACK! Daedalus was hit head on while the Shinx had tackled. Although the attack was head-on, Daedalus countered with a Dragonbreath, and followed up with a tackle as the Shinx was still dazed by the Dragonbreath. "I believe it's down now..." Eric explained cautiously, yet was proven wrong by the very persistent Shinx. "Well, then lets try one last Tackle!"

As Daedalus charged, the Shinx copied, as they collided, the Shinx seemed to take more damage, and was seemingly knocked out, as it's eyes were spirals like most fainted Pokèmon would be. "Well, let's continue shall we?" Eric inquired, and they were off to Valeria city. On their way, they saw many other Pokèmon, and a few other Shinx as well, but after a few minutes, they made it to Valeria city, their next destination after here is, Route 402

Years
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back