• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adventures in Hoenn!! (Classic RP)

Mute608

Stay Frosty
    Years
    Adventures in Hoenn!!

OOC Thread

This isn't my first RP, but my first one in a while. To start, here is an RP for all of you that like classical RP's.

Plot
    The Hoenn Region is definitely one-of-a-kind. From the lush green woods near Petalburg to the Space Station in Mossdeep is full of adventure and mystery. For years and years to this point trainers have traveled all through these lands all for different purposes. Some aspired to be Pokemon Masters. Others dreamed to research and learn as much as they could about pokemon. Some even competed in Pokemon Contests to show people their pokemon's passion and beauty.

Other people didn't have as good intentions. Some people only use their pokemon to gain power and dominance over others. Team Magma and Aqua, two rivaling teams, for years have been attempting to use a pokemon's power to alter the land of Hoenn. For years now they have be terrorizing the whole region and will stop at nothing until they accomplish their task- or somebody stops them.

You are a trainer living in Littleroot ready to start their very own journey in the vast land. There will be tough challenges and obstacles, but also times of fun and maybe finally the chance to fulfill the goals you could only dream about before. Will you use your pokemon for good? Evil?

More than this, what will be your goal as a trainer? You can either…

Be a Trainer: This means you will be traveling Hoenn collecting all eight of the gym badges in the various towns. Your ultimate goal is to beat the Elite Four in Evergreen.

Or

Be a Pokemon Coordinator: You will also travel Hoenn, but collect ribbons instead of gym badges. Your goal is to collect all eight ribbons and compete in the Legendary Pokemon Contest in Evergreen City.

How This Will Work
    I will be doing my rp's in Chapter form. This means as we go through Hoenn I will put up chapters highlighting where the trainers' current location is, what wild pokemon there are (if on a Route or Cave), and maybe some significant points of interest in the current location. Each chapter will have a post limitation (usually between 1-4 posts). This requires you to basically write a short story about the area you're in- in other words a few good paragraphs. The items you find or receive, the pokemon you catch along with their level, etc. will depend on the quality of each post you give. This will become clearer when we start.

Rules
    1.)This rp will be rated PG-13. That means you can have a little violence, swearing, minor drug references, but DO NOT go the extreme or overboard with it. Respect the younger members that may be participating.
    2.)PLEASE BE COMMITTED! Do not sign-up if you know you won't have time. I would love to have a post or two a week. Signing up for a spot and then never showing up not only takes a spot that maybe someone else wanted, but is also annoying for me.
    3.)Do not control other people's characters. You can maybe reference them, but nothing more. Simple as that.
    4.)Put down legible posts. I'm not expecting you to be perfect at grammar and spelling (because I definitely am not) but show an effort at least
    5.)Your character will not be perfect. As you write, be sure to bring out their flaws as much as their strengths.

Starter Pokemon (ONE Trainer Per Pokemon)

Mudkip- Reserved By ZoroaksIllusion

Level:5
    Attacks:Tackle, Growl
    Ability:Torrent

Torchic- Taken By First Snow

Attacks:Scratch, Growl
    Ability:Blaze

Treeko- Taken By HunterZero

Attacks:Pound, Leer
    Ability:Overgrow

Ralts- Taken By Abyss

Attacks:Growl, Confusion
    Ability:Synchronize

Plusle OR Minun (just one of the two)- Taken By Fumiaka

Attacks:Growl, Thunder Wave, Spark
    Ability:Static

Skitty- Taken By Oranje

Attacks:Tackle, Tail Whip, Growl, Fake Out
    Ability:Cute Charm

Sign-Up Sheet:

Name:
    Age: You can be the starting trainer age of 10, or decide to start your journey at an older age. No restrictions here.
    Looks:

Personality: The most important part of the sign-up sheet. How your character acts will really affect how they function in the rp. This is mainly how they act, how they handle situations, but could also include their fears and loves. BE SURE TO MAKE THIS DETAILED! Good Personality=Good RP.

History: Have you lived in Littleroot all your life? Maybe some situation caused you to move here? What has your past consisted of before deciding to start a journey?

Trainer or Coordinator?: Are you going to be a Pokemon Trainer or Coordinator in your adventure. I recommend only choosing one.

Starter Choice: From the list above. Only one trainer per pokemon.

Last edited:

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    May I reserve a spot for Torchic? (OOC: I am still deciding whether I should reuse an SU or make a new one.)

Mute608

Stay Frosty
    Years
    Both of you are reserved. :)

I didn't mention this, but if you're reserving a spot, try to get put a sign-up sheet on here at the very most three days. I would greatly appreciate it.

Abyss★

=w=
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2011
    I'd like to reserve a spot, very much! I will get an SU up eventually. With Mudkip or Ralts, haven't decided yet... reserve me for Mudkip mainly please.

Abyss★

=w=
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2011
    Ah, Ash's Pikachu. Do you rather want Mudkip? We can switch reservations if you like, because I realized I'd rather have Ralts. Only if you want, of course.

Mute608

Stay Frosty
    Years
    I reserved both of you: Abyss for Mudkip and Ash's Pikachu for Ralts.

I'll create an OOC thread once the first sign-up is posted.

Abyss★

=w=
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2011
    I changed my mind and want Ralts instead. It would fit Gordon a lot better, I think. But Ash's Pikachu hasn't replied when I asked him to switch. If he doesn't want to, I'll change back to Mudkip.

EDIT: He agreed :)

Name: Gordon Beckerling
    Looks: I can't post links, but he looks like the "rich boy" in the D/P games, only his pants are dark and not white.

Personality: Ah, Gordon's personality. Firstly, he is rich. And that gives him a self confidence above the usual. He's pretty much scrapped of it when he faces problems money can't solve though. Then he's forced to start thinking for real, and it usually takes some time for Gordon's somewhat lazy brain to get its cog wheels spinning.

He's flirting with girls pretty often, as he is pretty good looking with great skin, deep violet eyes and shining, black hair, and he knows it. This makes other boys a bit annoyed with him or even mad at him sometimes though. He used to be somewhat of a coward, covering easily and giving up quickly, but since he decided to become a pokémon trainer, he has started to become more resolved when trying to reach his goals. At least started.

He is humorous when he feels like it, but that's mostly to intimidate or impress others. Under normal conditions, he is pretty energetic and likes to push forward. But when things get serious, so does he, even though it might take a while. If he ever let someone in as closely as he has let his younger sister in, they would realize he is a person of many suppressed dreams underneath the surface of a cocky, wealthy boy.

History: Born in a wealthy upper class family in Rustboro, Gordon has often gotten things he wanted served on a silver plate. He had money, he had a butler, he had fancy clothes and he even had a girlfriend once. But there was something his family had never had; pokémon. For some reason, Gordon grew increasingly interested in these creatures as the years passed. It was a secret passion. He was looking to others like a stylish, controlled young man, but inside he was passionately intrigued by the powers the pokémon possessed. You might say he was a fan still in the closet, and this got even worse when his father decided the whole family should move to the little town of Littleroot. He and Gordon's mother wanted a big villa with a proper garden, instead of a house inside a big city.

His rather thin mother was spoiled and easily annoyed. His rather fat father came from an old noble family, but most of their riches actually came from an invention Gordon's father had made when younger, and which he now made people pay to use. He also was in a high position in the Devon corporation, traveling to work in Rustboro and coming home to Littleroot on the weekends. Gordon had two sisters, one older and one younger. He was in between, but he wasn't a quiet, kind middle-child. He was the only boy and he was making the most out of that. He was clearly his father's favorite child and even though his sister was older than him, it appeared as his father entrusted more about his corporate life to Gordon. For this, Gordon endlessly teased his older sister. He never teased her younger sister though, as she was sickly and frail and would never be able to compete with her younger siblings.

At the age of 14, his secret passion became to large to bear. He decided it was time. He would go on a pokémon journey... as a trainer! His parents scorned him, his mother thinking it was barbaric and his father thinking Gordon threw away his great chance to get a job on his company. His big sister supported him, but Gordon saw through it; she mostly wanted him gone so she could get their father's attention instead. His younger sister supported him for real though. She encouraged him and was proud of him. She wanted him to become friends with his pokémon and she wanted to meet them too, as she didn't have many real friends because of her frailness. She also knew Gordon didn't have many close friends either; sure some liked spending time with him, but most people did it because they saw the good things about being friends with a rich person.

Trainer or Coordinator?: Gordon isn't really sure, but probably a trainer.
    Starter Choice: Ralts

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    May I reserve Plusle? I will have SU by tomarrow, or later today.

Abyss★

=w=
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2011
    Thanks! I can't wait. I hope we will start as soon as a few people are accepted?

Mute608

Stay Frosty
    Years
    I'll start when everyone that has reserved has put down a sign-up. So it will be in couple short days.

I've also put in an OOC thread. I'm waiting for it to get accepted (or declined). Everyone will be able to see their trainer bio there after putting down a sign-up sheet.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
    Years
    Name: Zelphiam Azreth
    Looks: Zelphiam as mixture of light blond and green hair complemented with is light orange eyes. Zelphiam has the appearance of a weak slim body but is actually a lot stronger then he looks. His blond green hair mixture covers his ears and stops in the middle of his neck. His bangs are neatly brushed to the right so they don't get in his way. His eyes are a light orange color but some will say they've seen them turn a dark blue.

Zelphiam wears the colors dark green and black. A black short sleeved jacket over a dark green shirt. Jet black pants and black shoes with green stripes on it.

Personality: Zelphiam isn't the meaniest person in the world but he is far from the kindest. Zelphiam hates people in general and feels interacting with others is a waste of time and utterly useless. So to people he doesn't like or trust he just usually ignores them or give them and evil stare. He's extremely kind to pokemon on the other hand he prefers pokemon over people any day. Zelphiam keeps things to himself and when he talks it's usually to provoke someone. He loves to point out peoples insecurities and make them feel uncomfortable and useless. Zelphiam hates people who think they're better than everyone else and hates attention which he gets a lot of because he has tendency to attract girls. He usually just ignores them and moves on but for some odd reason more keep coming.

Zelphiam loves to get into fights, he believes that actions speak louder than words. He'd rather settle disputes with his own hands rather than get his pokemon involved. Zelphiam also has a indifference with people who bother the innocent or someone weaker than them just for fun. Zelphiam likes to pick fights though, if he finds someone that is easily provoked he will mess with them until they cannot take it anymore. He's biggest flaw though is Zelphiam doesn't let his feelings out and cannot let anyone know how he truly feels. He keeps all his emotion bottled up except for anger and hate. He spends his night staring up and feeling all sorts of emotions come out at once. Zelphiam has never had a friend and pushes people away when they come to close epically when it comes to love. He will not anyone ever come close enough for him to actually care.

History: Zelphiam was born and raised in Little Root Town where he lived with his mother and father. Zelphiam never really knew his father, his father was never really home he thought becoming a great pokemon trainer was more important than living with his family. His mother was just like his father but would leave only every once in a while probably like once a month for a few days. She was a coordinator, she never won all of the ribbons but surprisingly has a lot of stories. Zelphiam would spend most of his time outside laying on the branches of trees or chasing after a pokemon that wondered into town. He loved pokemon, he would sit for hours in a tree and just watch pokemon nearby. Zelphiam growing up was actually a very nice and happy kid until some tragic happened.

When Zelphiam was 12 his mother had left for a couple of days to one of her pokemon contents. She was usually gone for only about 4 days maximum so Zelphiam didn't mind it. This time his mother never came back, for two weeks Zelphiam just waited in his home for his mother to return, but she never came. One day a neighbor came by the see if anyone was still living in the house. To his surprise he found Zelphiam crying in a corner. The neighbor told Zelphiam that his mother had died in an accident two weeks ago and his father was no where to be found. Enraged by his father leaving him Zelphiam vowed he shall never cry again and become the best pokemon trainer to become what his father wanted to just to spite him. After this day Zelphiam was never the same.

Trainer or Cordinator?: Trainer

Starter pokemon: Treecko

Mute608

Stay Frosty
    Years
    HunterZero: Accepted

Please put a sign-up as quick as possible if you reserved a spot so we can get this going.

Skitty is still open for anyone who is interested.

Oranje

Go Arsenal
    Years
    May I reserve the Skitty? I will have my post up and it will be a coordinator to ensure this roleplay a bit more depth. That would be great and my character should be up before the end of the night.

Mute608

Stay Frosty
    Years
    Oranje, you're reserved. Try to put down a sign-up sheet as soon as possible... same with everyone else.

EDIT: Mudkip is also open for anyone who is interested.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I did kind of rush on this on the spare time I managed to make for myself so yeah it might not be that good.

Name
    : Mark Villagas

Appearance: Mark doesn't have a muscular build. He is very slim build. He has dark brown hair and his skin is a bit tan. His eyes are green, but are hidden by the dark lenses of his glasses. He wears a simple black jacket on top of a red sleeveless shirt. He keeps a digital camera around his neck and a messenger bag slung across his shoulder.

Personality: Mark is gay. He can't muster up the courage to tell his parents that he is gay because he is scared of what they would think. He is afraid that they won't accept him and maybe even kick him out. According to statistics, from what he could understand, a majority of gay suicides happen because the child has nowhere to go to because no one they know accepted their sexuality. This scares him because he doesn't want to be abandoned by one of the people he loves.

He is usually very confident and loud. He's a social butterfly and will talk with almost anyone. He isn't much of a blunt conversation starter, he just adds things and soon those topics will change into something totally different from what they are talking about originally. Just because he is loud and confident it doesn't mean he is stupid either. He thinks deeply into subjects, especially in mature subject matters. It takes a lot to get him discouraged and scared, like coming out of the closet to his parents. He isn't able to pull jokes and comebacks out of thin air and makes comebacks by turning people's statements against them.

He likes to take pictures, especially Pokemon and people. Mark keeps a digital camera around his neck. He fears abandonment, especially by the people he loves. He is a good runner after training to be a good runner over the years.

History: He has lived in Littleroot Town all his life. Not much happened as people left town and the people here just lived peacefully. He had decided to no go on a journey when he was ten because he felt that he wasn't ready yet. Mark didn't want to be one of those trainers who left their home town only to come back months later, crying, especially in the Hoenn regions because the Hoenn region had the highest percentage of trainers who quit after the first few months than any other region.

His father is an electric technician who works in Slateport City. When Mark's dad can he commutes all the way home with, his friend Briney takes him at least all the way from Slateport to Petalburg. His mother works as a town babysitter. Whenever someone needed a babysitter, she was the one to call.

Trainer or Coordinator: Trainer

Starter Choice: Torchic

Last edited:

Oranje

Go Arsenal
    Years
    I hoped this will do. It is a bit rushed, unfortunately. Anyways go ahead and tell me if anything needs to be added or fixed. Thanks.
    -Oranje

Name: Kara Thornse
    Sex: Female
    Coordinator

Appearance:

Kara's brunette hair coils to around shoulder length. The large curls make up most of the texture of her very stylish hair. Her brown hair steals the shade of her mother's, however, Kara inherited the natural curls from the heredity of her father. Kara's hair is obviously well kept and clean almost all the time, an amazing enterprise for someone who travels so much. Hats are seldom spotted on the girl's head, but headbands and ribbons are a reoccurring love of Kara's. Her bangs are troublesome for the teen, and are often restrained by a ribbon, or pushed to the side. Her hair is a double-edged sword. The large curls prove adamant in staying free rather then being enslaved by a tie. Kara has abandoned any ideas of ponytails, pig tails, or even buns. Before the sun has even risen Kara spends hours on her hair. It seems that she needs every strand of fiber to be exact and will stay that way for the remainder of the day.

Kara's thin body is one every coordinator dreams of. The girl's self conscious personality makes it impossible for her to not know her weight. She hovers around the 116-pound mark, but like everyone in life, tends to put on a pound or two during the holidays. Kara has made it a part of life to watch what she eats. This is always helpful when maintaining the quest of keeping a refined figure. Kara stands at five feet eight inches and has completed growing. Her limbs are not as long as one would guess for such height. The majority of her inches are obtained by her torso. Very little muscle resides in Kara's body and most of it populates the back of her legs. Her skin has always been fairly tan, a special thanks to Slateport's beaches. Kara's light blue eyes are like looking through a glass window that reveals her emotions. They contrive a mosaic of innocence that is often shattered by raging emotions and teenage hormones. Kara's lips pull everything together with a constant covering of never ending colors of lip-gloss.

Fashion is a big part of the life in a Slateport teenager. It is a necessity that Kara gives off a clean, up to date look. The girl's love for being the spotlight allows her to dress formally for no exact reason. Versatility is not what Kara is looking for in any of her outfits; in fact it is all about the way she looks. Whether she is battling, scaling summits, walking the streets, or competing in a contest; Kara garments herself in mostly collared long-sleeved shirts and skirts (prep clothes). Clothes from the local retail stores often appear to her as rags. Her eye is often attracted to the more expensive names and even designer brands. She is constantly wearing jewelry, but most of it is subtle. Everyday Kara wraps various bracelets around both wrists and sometimes anklets. Earrings are thrown in on special occasions, in order to make her appear much older then she actually is.

Personality:

Passionate, innocent, and self-conscious are the three best words to portray the teen. Her passion for performances dwarfs anything in comparison. Whether it is a book, a movie, a play, a competitive battle, a magazine, her makes up, or even doing her nails, she immerses herself in it. Kara lived in a very fast paced society for much of her life. She must always be accomplishing something. This character trait often leads her to read more then she should. The city girl consumes words as much as food and cannot get over the sense of accomplishment when a novel is completed. This sustains her need to be doing something all the time. Another very defined characteristic of hers is her treatment of both pokemon and humans. She is not afraid to speak the truth, in fact, she is often to loose with her mouth. She is quick to criticize and often no positive comments will depart her lips when addressing a person or creature. Kara's pokemon are often treated the same, although, when they are able to perform to her very high standards, she will treat them with the highest regard.

Like most women, Kara has very uncharted emotions. It is very easy to pin point the mood she is in but there is no guarantee that she will dwell in that mood for more then a few hours. These emotions produce unneeded fights with just about anyone, which always ends with Kara apologizing. Knowing herself too well causes her to be very skeptical of other females. She is often very internally judgmental on other girls' appearances, clothing, and personalities. However, a female who proves herself acceptable to Kara's standards has little trouble with Kara and her attitude.

Growing up in the higher end of Slateport City made Kara very naive to the transgressions of criminals, or crime itself. Growing up in such a social bubble protected her from the evil and more importantly the hardships of life. Pain was almost completely foreign to the teen in her childhood. This adjustment often leads her to be a bit catty when someone strikes the wrong note with her. Kara grew up in the shadow of her very successful sister and is constantly trying to gain acceptance from everyone around her.

History:

Kara was born in the large city of Slateport. Her father was an entrepreneur since he graduated from a high profile college and struck liquid gold when he and a friend started an oil company. Evolving into a corporate giant, Mr. James Thornes was able to provide his family a very comfortable life. Mrs. Terry Thornes grew up in a more modest home that resided in Cherrygrove City. She grew up as a contest coordinator, but found very little success. In result of her failure at coordinating she settled down with James and the couple were able to successfully deliver two healthy baby girls. The oldest, Kristina, is the elder by Kara by a distant eleven years. Both girls grew up doused in money and a diverse culture. Kristina became a coordinator at a very young age and was instantly talented. Finding more success then her mother had in just a few months Kristina pursued her love for coordinating until she abruptly quit and found the love of her life. In her travels Kristina met a man in which she is pledged to marry named Mike.

Kara grew up under the large cascading shadow of her sister. Her parents seemed to always compare the two. Somehow it seemed that Kara was always on the short end of the stick and watched from a distance as her prodigy sister succeeded in everything. Kristina's grades were always A's when Kara's were mostly A's with a few B's. This constant competition began with every New Year; however, this strangely did not affect the relationship between the two siblings. Kristina often came to the aid of Kara, and offered both help and advice. Kara began idolizing her sister at a very young age and with every year her destiny to become a coordinator was almost set in stone. It was not to be. After receiving top marks as a coordinator; she decided to tread in the wallowing footsteps of her sister.

Her plan to stay in the metropolis of Saffron City was predictable but would not come true. Instead her parents purchased a very sizable home in Littleroot Town. Taking a month off of school Kara made a bold decision. Like her sister, she would start her career early at the age of only fifteen. It was here and now that the young coordinator would make her mark on the world.

Pokemon: Skitty

Back