• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Adventure's through Olmas!

Note: This is of a hack I scrapped as I didn't have time to finish, I also have altered the story since the first time it was released so if it seems different... It is :D
Also, there are two main characters so if they split up, we will have a chapter 2 (DUSTIN) and a chapter 2 (JAKE)

Chapter 1: Pokemon I chose you!
Spoiler:

Chapter 2 (DUSTIN): Enter team skull!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Okay, okay. Before I get to the actual review, let me give you a tip. Your formatting could use a bit of work. For one, don't use bold on the entire story. It's better to use it only on the titles or on words that you need emphasis on (you can also use italics for emphasis, which looks much better). Completely bold writing can tend to strain the eyes after extensive reading, which means people won't be eager to read your story. I didn't even want to read these two small paragraphs just because of it.

Secondly, you should break your story up into paragraphs, probably ones that are a little bit bigger. This makes it a lot more appealing and more fun to read, and it generally just looks better than a giant clump of text.

Now, to the story. The first major thing I noticed is that there's absolutely no dialogue! Dialogue is crucial to nearly every story, and this one is one of those stories that needs it. Unless you plan to write the entire story from a 3rd person point of view and not let the characters talk, add some dialogue. Conversations are must in stories.

Now, the plot? I guess it's okay. It's the pretty basic starting-a-journey-in-a-new-region plot. Since this was apparently going to be a hack, I can see why you wrote it as such. However, the translation from hack to story is rough since stories are simply text while hacks themselves are so much more. Stories need to have a lot of depth and need to be much more thought out. With hacks, you can just slap on some decent graphics and everyone treats it like the best game ever. Try to spruce your story up a bit. Give everyone a reason to believe that your story is better than everyone else's, and back it up with, obviously, a great story!

Good luck! I hope to see this story blossom a bit.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • Now, to the story. The first major thing I noticed is that there's absolutely no dialogue!

Uh, yeah, there is.

Standard fanfiction format is to separate each paragraph with a full space, as you'll see me do throughout this post.

I'm noticing a lot of basic grammar issues, a lot. I suggest looking up some other stories and see what they do, or getting a beta. Or even google English grammar.

Back