• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aegislash...

Do you believe Aegislash is OP?

• No

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Minorly OP

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Super OP. Should be banned!

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • More than Minorly OP but less than Super OP

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    When Aegislash first came out, I can understand all the hype. It's a really good pokemon with one of the most useful abilities imo. It can cripple your entire team, or just blow right through it if played right.

However, it's extremely predictable and common. My favorite counter is Rotom-W with a trick set. Just trick a choice scarf on Aegislash and it's out for the count. The opponent can't set-up and now Aegislash is just about useless. Of course, Volcarona, Skarmory, and Gliscor can wall it pretty easily too.

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
    Years
    Yer I hate that when he change his from from kings shield before you attack is highly annoying, but in any case I think OP too in retrospect.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    When I first went of Pokemon Showdown I had a team consisting of Aurorus, Alakazam, Blissey, Forretress, Dragonite and Breloom. I didn't realize at the time that this new Pokemon would switch in and be able to wall and destroy all of my Pokemon. I believed that it should be banned (or to put it in a more positive way, promote it to Ubers) but now that we're talking about it, you do bring some important advice on how to deal with it.

Years
    Yer I hate that when he change his from from kings shield before you attack is highly annoying, but in any case I think OP too in retrospect.

Yeah, King's Shield is one of Aegislash's most annoying moves to deal with since it cuts your Attack stat if you hit it with a contact move, plus the thing itself tends to run a lot of different sets so it can be hard to predict but thankfully his weaknesses are easy to exploit, especially Fire.

I don't know if it's OP, but you can be in trouble if it catches you off-guard. Stance Change is a very interesting ability that can be deadly when played right.

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    I don't think it's really a threat at all. It's very easy to predict and anything that resists it or can live an attack will take it down in a heartbeat. I've only built a few teams but these are Pokemon that have easily taken it out:

- Sharpedo with Crunch, Earthquake and even Waterfall, and predicting the Kings Shield you can just set up an agility.
    - A common Pokemon I use now is Escavalier which will take a hit easily and annihilate it with Knock Off.
    - Chandelure easily defeats it, setting up a sub on the kings shield or going with a Will o Wisp.
    - Heliolisk with Dark Pulse, virtually anything Special has no problem getting hit with a Kings Shield.
    - Ttar with Earthquake takes it out very quickly because Aegislash's priority move is resisted. You can even set up on a Kings Shield.

In my experience, sure it's a great Pokemon and all, but as many people have noticed it's very predictable and very easy to counter because of it's frail defenses in Attack form. It's simply about playing around it.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Skim read this thread. Anyway some stuff annoyed me cos is poop.

1. Aegislash ISNT op. Its hard walled and/or checked by several OU pokemon, including and not limited to Gyarados, Gliscor, Heatran, Tar, Absol, Garchomp, <anything bulky with EQ/Fire move> etc. If you cant stop it, well, "maybe you're just bad?".
    2. How do Chandelure, Espurr and Heliolisk stop it considering, you know they get murdered by Automize and/or SD Shadow Sneak sets. :\
    3. Aegislash HAS MORE THAN 1 SET. Yes it can go mixed with Quiet @ Shadow Ball/Shadow Sneak/ Sacred Sword/Iron Head and act as a wall breaker. HP Ice is optional in one of the last 2 slots. It can also run a double dance set with Swords Dance/Automize/Shadow Claw/Iron Head or Sacred Sword.

You're welcome.

That is all.

Last edited:
    Back