• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aero vs. Aqua

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    Which do you think is better. The Aero System of Vista or the Aqua system of OS X. I personally like Aqua because it seems to look better to the eyes and isn't as consuming of RAM as Aero is.

Zet

Years
    Aero of course, that way I have a machine that can run software [/end 1970's joke] personally I prefer windows themes over mac themes since I just see mac themes so bland and boring

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I prefer a mix of both actually. (see attachment for illustration) I like the dark transparency of the Aero, however I prefer the Matte uniformity of Aqua. I compromise with a mix of both of them.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Neither in all seriousness. 3.1 Interface was superior to all and anything that will ever be developed.

Kidding.

I prefer the Windows XP interface. Its basic and easy to use.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I... don't really like either. I guess if I had to pick one, I don't mind Aero but I don't have it turned on anyway. o_O; I just like the look of basic Windows XP or Vista, no frills. :/ I don't like the look of OSX at all, though. Can't staaaand it when I see screenshots.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I've grown rather fond of the Basic Vista look. It's clean. Vista Home Basic doesn't have Aero so I don't worry about how much ram it hogs.

The Glass look vista has isn't bad. In fact it's actually pretty cool. But again, some people cant stand to trade off performance for it, so they have to whine incessantly about it. Meh. Hopefully Win7 will have optimized code so people can actually see the awesomeness of the glass without having to give up much machine power. (No code is ever optimal the first time it's released)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well, obviously Vista has the best interface. You can't be serious, really.

Any monkey could use Vista anyways.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    First up, though I'm no longer a Windows user (lies, I help support 3500 XP computers at work and approximately two Macs) I do like the look of Vista's Aero. It really is very pretty. I like to see websites and forum layouts based on the graphics particularly.

However, I'm a Mac person and I adore the Aqua interface just because it looks so clean and because I find it so easy to use.

Of course there's also the RAM issue. I think I'd see some differences if I were to put Vista on my two different Macs, but I don't see Mac OS X run any differently between similar usage on my Core 2 Duo/2GB RAM MacBook and my 2Ghz PowerPC/512MB RAM iMac G5.

I'd probably be switching Aero off if I had Vista just because I am a speed freak xD

Back