• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

After High School...

What do you plan to do after high school?

• Unniversity

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • College

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Apprenticeship

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Workplace

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Go Abroad

• Other Form of Education

• Don't Know

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • I'll be moving on to university in late September this year - just thirty-six weeks' time. I'll most likely be attending the University of Southampton to study Mathematics, having been unsuccessful with my application to Oxford. I need to get two A grades and a B grade in my A levels - I already have an A* in Mathematics, and I am predicted to get one more A* in Further Mathematics and three A grades in my other subjects (Chemistry, Religious Studies and General Studies). If I can get five A grades or better (i.e. what I am predicted to get), then the university will pay all of my tuition fees. x3

Ayselipera

Either a University or College. Maybe I'll study abroad I'm not sure. I still have a good amount of time to think.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I plan to start university this coming Fall and major in Graphic Designs while I minor in music and theater. I'd like to attend university in California, but if that doesn't work out then I'll be going to one in Northern Florida.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • I'm...not exactly sure what I plan on doing with myself after I graduate high school, to be honest. I mean yeah, I'll definitely be applying to college/university, but I'm not entire sure what it will be for at this point. Right now, I'm leaning in political science, but...I'm still undecided, really.

With any luck, and if I can keep my grades up, I'll be hoping to be accepted into Boston University.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I would like to go to a college or university preferably in California (currently where I live). After that I'd like to start writing books,yes I do love writing!

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Finish college. Because I'm taking an early college program where I get 2 years of college free while I take my high school classes. Then maybe go to UNC or something.

Or persue my love for the arts(music, writing, ect.).

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • College/University are synonymous in America. ;;

So yeah, that is my choice... Getting my education is my top priority.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • College/University are synonymous in America. ;;

So yeah, that is my choice... Getting my education is my top priority.

No... no they are not.

Universities usually focus on more technical things, while colleges are more focused on the arts and such.

And I'm still waiting to hear from the universities where I applied. I hope to be accepted into a Computer Science program, with a focus on Game Development.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • First thing I'm gonna do is get home, and sleep for 4 days strait.

After that, I dunno... guess I'll go with the flow, get a part time job somewhere. xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I graduated high school last year and pretty soon if I was accepted into university I should get a letter from them, so, yeah, hopefully going to university. :3

Years
  • For the longest time, when I was in high school, I went "yeah I'll go to college" and kind of blew it off from there. I didn't apply to the school I went to until my last semester of school -- around late February. And the only reason I did was because my councilor pulled me over and went "wtf are you doing after high school?" and I didn't have the heart to tell him I was considering staying in Germany until my parents moved, and would just take some basic classes at the community college there. Because I think he would've flipped out. I graduated third in a class of 120, so yeah, it's not like I didn't have the grades for it. (Actually I'm pretty sure my grades were the only reason he pulled me over.) And apparently, reading over my Livejournal, he wasn't actually happy with how lazy I was about college applications. It doesn't surprise me, really, as I have always been a bit lazy.

So after graduation, I ended up going to school for three semesters, and then became a dropout because I couldn't afford it. Fun times. I really hate not being in school, especially when I get on Facebook and see everyone else from my old college still going, let me tell you. :(

Years
  • To be honest, I don't know. I have no real subject I'm always good on, it varies throughout the years, so I can't know yet even in which rough direction I might go.
    When I get asked what I will do after I finish school I always say I might go to university, but honestly, I have no idea what I might study there. So I don't think that counts as a future plan

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I'd like to get into an Ivy League school after I graduate. They're known around the country and I find them really exciting. Although my GPA is pretty solid, I have a lot of work to do before I can even think about applying to a place like Harvard. It's going to be a long road, especially considering that I don't have any idea of what I'm going to major in, but I have faith.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • Well, after I finish Sixth Form I plan to go to University. Perhaps I'll take a gap year, but probably not. Education is my top priority and I love to learn, so University is my next logical step. I'll hopefully be reading Classical Archaeology. =3

xX

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • I went to college once I got out, and then I decided to take some time off and work. I've had enough of that. If everything goes as planned, I'll be back in college in the fall <3

vanna.

I like sequins.
    Years
  • I'm planning to go directly to University after high school.
    I'm working my rear off to get good grades and hopefully go to a great school.
    I want to major in business and hopefully work in the fashion or music production industries.

Back