• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

After pokemon sun and moon

Which u guys think coming After sn/mn

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    If we follow their classic structure, we can expect a third version with a few différences, maybe 'Pokémon Star'

After this maybe other intermediate games like Pokémon Ranger while waiting the next gen.

Hikarin

SOS Chain Overflow
    Years
    Yeah, I prefer it when they space out the games with spinoffs. It lets the competitive scene develop more fully, and it lets me spend more time with a single game, compared to rushing me with new releases.

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
    Years
    I had a dream sometime - maybe I didn't, but hear me out - which honestly led to an unpopular opinion of mine.

In my dream, there was a game called Pokémon Eclipse taking place in a new region next to Alola. Team Skull was STILL around, but now there were actual Gyms to face instead of the Island Trials. As long as you downloaded a copy of either game, by way of a newly revealed Lock-On "Play Along" command, you could boot up Eclipse and combine both games into SOLARMASS and LUNARMAATTER a la Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Either game by itself would ideally end with your Pokémon team having leveled between 55 and 65, but since SMLM has tightened level curves, the S&M half would have to end shortly after your starter reaches its final evolution, and the Eclipse half would leave off with the average team levels reaching between 75 and 90.

Hikarin

SOS Chain Overflow
    Years
    Random flash of inspiration - why not Orre region remakes?
    Think about it: For Gen 3, we have RSE remakes done, they've rereleased RBY to the eShop, and in any case, Red and Blue were already remade with FRLG. So... That leaves Orre.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
    Random flash of inspiration - why not Orre region remakes?
    Think about it: For Gen 3, we have RSE remakes done, they've rereleased RBY to the eShop, and in any case, Red and Blue were already remade with FRLG. So... That leaves Orre.

Yeah, but I think we're more talking about main series here.

So, personally, I would kill for DPPt remakes because Platinum is one of my favorite games, but something just feels like it's not going to happen. Sure, the games are old, but how much has the DS really advanced? Enough to warrant a remake? In my opinion, not quite... but I do feel like they will remake it eventually. And I would be really excited for it, as long as they keep the changes they made from DP to Platinum, since DP lacked a few important things that Platinum did have. As to what is coming immediately after Sun and Moon, it's anyone's guess. But I would imagine either a sequel a la B2W2, or possibly a third game.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    The only remake I'd be really happy with would be a Platinum one. Otherwise, whether it be sequels or a new game, I just want anything. I love all Pokemon games, so... I'd be really happy with anything.

I'm not sure what will come next. Maybe a Kanto game because they seem really fascinated with Kanto lately, but meh. DPPt remakes are expected, but I'm not sure if they will follow this pattern. Honestly, another new game would be awesome but maybe I'm too hopeful...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I hope not. D: Especially since Kanto has been re-released in the e-shop, so I'm not expecting another visit to Kanto for at least maybe the next half decade or so? I can maybe see a trip back on the 25th anniversary, but... not sooner than that.

I was thinking about this in another thread but idk, rethinking it, they are really milking Kanto for all its worth =/ I think they want to bring old fans into the games, but I would much rather have something new instead.

Back