• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Afterlife

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i believe something happens when we die. whether we stay on earth as ghosts, go to heaven/hell or be reincarnated. i dont really know what one is true, but i dont think that you just stop existing when you die. idk

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
    I truly believe something happens to us when we die. I don't wanna acknowledge the fact that after I die everything just ends. I believe a variety of things can happen to us when we die.

If we have unfinished business maybe we reincarnate to finish said business? If our death's were to sudden or we aren't ready or accept that we stay on earth as ghosts? If all our business in life is finished then we face divine judgment and go to a place of eternal happiness (Heaven) or face divine punishment(Hell)?

Who knows, I don't believe in the whole "You have to be a Christian to get into Heaven," stuff even if I am technically a Christian myself. :|

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    i think that some stay around as ghosts, and then move on eventually. And then I think you reincarnate. But that's just what I think, I have seen ghosts, but we don't really no what actually happens when we die. I do beleive that some atleast are ghosts, and then move on. heaven or hell, reincarnation, or something.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    I don't believe in any kind of conventional afterlife. Believing something because I want it to be true is wishful thinking, rather than employing reason in search for the truth. I guess I don't see the laws of the universe as a way to make me feel comfortable, so I have a hard time believing something to be true just because it does.

That being said, while I do not believe that we, as conscious beings exist beyond death, the memories that people hold of us will. The impressions we leave upon people will exist as long as people remember us (which means, even considering such an "afterlife", everybody will die at some point).

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    I believe in afterlife. In my case, I'll go to the heaven, where God is waiting for me, and when I get there he will look at me and only say: Open Bar! :D

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I don't believe in an afterlife. I'd really like to think there is something after I die, I just don't. It's not something that makes any sense to me.

It's a bit sad. I really like living, and it would be great if I could go on living after death, but I don't think that's the way the universe works. I believe that we all end at some point, and that there's nothing more after that. That's why I try to make the most of my time here and, when I can, help others do the same.

To me, death is part of a cycle. Death itself is sad, especially since I don't believe in an afterlife, but in dying, others are given a chance to live, which I think makes it a bit less sad. It's comforting to know that even though I'll die someday, there will be other people who are given a chance to experience the same joys that I have.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years

Well, that's a bit of a hasty judgment. O.o
    Personally, I'm very curious about death, in fact I'm actually very eager to find out what happens, or doesn't happen, at the end. Far from not accepting death--I'm pretty open to the idea of things just ceasing existence, but it's simply an interesting and enigmatic topic, considering it exists in a completely separate world from our own. Just the same as religion, and dreams. One could argue that actually people who believe in stone cold, dark unconscious and oblivion after death are the ones who can't accept that perhaps things can happen after you die. :D

(That pink text would have pretty sparkles all around it if I knew any CSS, so just imagine it being sparkly.)

I'm proud of you dear. Point being proven, I'm just going to say it out loud. This is an opinion. There is nothing debatable about it. Oh who am I kidding this is OC you can debate your own existence here.

Anyway, I believe in an afterlife. I pretty much have to. If ceasing to exist isn't hell, it's the runner up in my book. I mean really, if there's no heaven or hell, life is pretty much wasting my time.

On that note, the way I see it I'll find out sooner or later. If I'm a good person, and it turns out there ISN'T a heaven to go to, I won't be around to care about my wasted effort at that point and might as well have done good while enjoying life under the delusion that there was any reward for my work.

Alkaide

••» I hate my homework!
    Years
    I believe that we all have a sole (atmam) and if we do good turns to people and dedicate service to mankind this will help us combining with the super-soul (Parmatma).

If something bad done in this life it will again again kick us in the cycle of birth & death.

Also, I believe that we may get a life of some other organism rather than a human form. This is what I believe. ;D

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I am really surprised that there are so many people here who believe in life after death.

Anyway, I believe in an afterlife. I pretty much have to. If ceasing to exist isn't hell, it's the runner up in my book. I mean really, if there's no heaven or hell, life is pretty much wasting my time.

No you are wrong. Life is not pointless if you have lots of good times. But you see life does not have an important meaning or anything like that. The only purpose of life is to make new life by having children and then when we die our bodies are broken down and we help plants to grow. You see?

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    ^ Naturalist? Can't argue about that.

I believe, that we go to a place were spirits are judged by their actions from their mortal lives, then wait till the Judgment day comes. That's the time when evil doers are sent to eternal damnation and the good will be sent to paradise. That's my belief so if you try to argue me or persuade me that bodies have no soul, it's no use. Even though I'm a man of science, I still believe in God.

It's a matter of death/damnation or salvation/happiness.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    No you are wrong. Life is not pointless if you have lots of good times. But you see life does not have an important meaning or anything like that. The only purpose of life is to make new life by having children and then when we die our bodies are broken down and we help plants to grow. You see?

Oh I'm so sure. Would you like me to gag on that forced opinion?
    Afterlife
    I have a slight inkling the mods wouldn't appreciate it if this became an opinion bashing war. =/

Last edited:

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I think the moderators won't like this thread anyway because it is about religion stuff.

And sometimes I can see why Richard Dawkins gets so worked up about relgious beliefs. Aaaaaa.

BillySwane

Inspector of Fishes and Eels
    Years
    I'm an agnostic so I don't really know what to believe.

In a way I want to be sent someplace after I rise, but if it would be heaven or hell, I'm not sure. I'm kinda hoping to be the one to challenge either God or Satan when the time comes.

Back