• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Age of Ice

Spectral

A Ghostly Presence...
Years
  • ~~Pokemon~~
    ~~~Age of Ice~~~

Plot
    It is one hundred years since Cyrus planned his evil scheme atop Mt. Coronet. And the world was meant to move forward, to move onwards into a new era of technology and peace. This is the way things would have gone, with Pokemon being at the forefront of this age of harmony. And it was beginning fifty years ago. Everything looked set to be paradise.

But life has a way of changing things.

The mythical Plates that the God Pokemon, Arceus, can use, are in fact the sealed essences of all the types of Pokemon. The being within is an insanely powerful being, more than any Pokemon or human could imagine, the very epitome of the type it represents. All were locked away millennia before humanity or the first Pokemon began to rule the surface of The World, by each other.

There were seventeen beings of power, and each was good or evil, but the Dragon being, which was above the bounds of morality and temptation. The beings warred across the world, destroying the few etchings of life there were, until finally, the Dragon being saw the damage that this pitiless war had on the World that he loved and cared for since the beginning of time. He ended the war, and brought all of the beings to bear. The good beings sealed their balanced counterpart in plates, but the effort of this consumed them, sealing them into plates as well. The Draconic being was the only one left, in a world devoid of life, silent as death itself. In grief, it too used it's power; but to bring life into the world, and begin the first etchings of both Pokemonkind and humanity. This effort sealed it into a plate as well.

In later years, while Humans and Pokemon were still forming, the being of Ice escaped temporarily from it's prison. The being of Normality fought with it, weakening it severely, but was crushed under the power of Ice. the being of Ice then escaped to the high mountains of SInnoh, forming itself a temple. The Snowpoint temple, to heal. Merely five years ago, the being of Ice has unleahsed it's wrath upon the world, freezing it in an unbreaking, unyielding sheet of ice, anything not strong enough or smart enough is now frozen.

Now, humanity is blasted back to the stone age, scrabbling among themselves to survive. All but the Sylorins, who follow the being of Ice, and enjoy the world's modern comforts, all but the being's priests,Who spurn modern life to serve the being.

But recenty, rumours abound of the being's Plate shards being found and taken to him by his priests. But this rumour says that eight pieces were scattered across the world- which leaves six. These must be forged together again if the world is to be free of ice- and some, some brave, foolish, or noble heroes are struggling a desperate battle to defeat the being- to defeat Ice itself.

You
    You are one of these heroes, bound to battle Ice itself and it's priests, or you are one of Ice's priests. Either way, you are fighting against the other to gain the shards of The plate, and all your success depends on this. Whichever it is, your success or failure could shape the end of the world... Or the beginning of a new one.

SUName: Your character's name
    Faction: Either Pries tor Hero.
    History: Before the Age of Ice began, what did your character do?
    Personality: What is your character like?
    Pokemon: Priests of Ice cannot use fire Pokemon, but can use any other kind, and Heroes cannot use Ice types or Dark types. Up to three Pokemon per person.

All normal PC rules apply, as well as:
    No bunnying
    Respect all at all times
    Have fun.

Good luck, whatever you choose to do.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Here's my entry. I hope I got everything right.

Name: Tsuga

Faction: Priest

History: Before the Age of Ice began, Tsuga was a philosopher who lived at the base of the mountains. As a child, he was very interested in the studies history and supernaturalism. He loved to learn about the major events of the past and many of the ancient myths of the legendary Pokémon. As he grew up, he started researching on the mysterious elemental plates, which were used by the Pokémon god, Arceus. Throughout the years, no one really supported him. Very few people took notice of his work. In response, Tsuga barely interacted with anyone and continued his studies anonymously. His work rarely paid off, but this didn't discourage him. He was determined to find out the secret powers of these elemental artifacts. And then, one day, snow started to fall from the sky. But it didn't thaw at all. Soon the ground was covered in a sheet of white. At first, Tsuga didn't pay much notice to this, but then snowstorms started to blow all over the land and bury the land, trees, lakes, everything in a thick blanket of snow and ice. Tsuga realized that someone, or something, was causing this. He learned about the Snowpoint temple in the past. He also saw that the storms were coming from up the mountain, where the temple was, and assumed that it was involved. So he traveled up the snow covered mountain and eventually reached the structure. Quietly, he entered the temple and...well...he has never returned.

Personality: Tsuga is a tall and lean man. He has dark brown hair and bright blue eyes. He likes to use his mind over his muscles. As a priest for the great Ice, he tries his logic and knowledge to carry out important tasks and Ice's other wishes. He is quite unemotional; his mood is often passive. With this, he has very little concern for those in need. So you could easily say that he had a very cold heart.

Pokémon:
    Banette (Male): Tsuga owned his Banette ever since he was very young. Despite the appearance, Banette was very friendly towards Tsuga, which comforts Tsuga and keeps him company.
    Snover (Male): Snover was captured after the Age of Ice spread throughout the Pokémon world. Seeing how much Snover loved the the power of Ice as much as Tsuga did, he captured Snover and trained it well.

Are there any mistakes that don't fit with the plotline? Let me know. I'll fix them as soon as possible.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Chester "REO" Speedwagon

Faction: Hero

History: Chester was a hermit, living a quiet life in the mountains. He enjoyed tending to his garden and raising his Pokemon in peace. When the Ice came, Chester's life was overturned. With the cold killing his plants and destroying his modern comforts, he was forced to leave the mountain. He lived in a cardboard box in the city, his anger growing daily. After suffering for 5 long years, he decided that enough was enough. He would personally get revenge on the Ice. He heard of the Pieces of the Plate, and set out to find them and seal the Ice once more.

Appearance: Chester is a short man, only 2' 4". His hair is long, black and stringy, covered by an orange ski cap. He wears a ragged green overcoat, a white t-shirt, brown pants, and paper bags for shoes.

Personality: Once a pleasant man, the years of living in the city has filled Chester with rage. He is quick to anger, but filled with determination. His kind heart will show itself at times, and he will always lend a hand if possible. He is kind and nurturing to his Pokemon, but trains them for the fight against the Ice. He loves plants, and carries two Berry Pots with him. These Berries are the main source of food and medicine for him and his Pokemon.

Pokemon: Ponyta (Blurr), Machoke (Tap-Out)

IchigoTorisuna

Riolu Trainer
    Years
  • Name: Jaden Wolfe
    History: Jaden wondered around the land, the mountains mostly. When the Ice came, though, she quite traveling through the mountains and just stuck to land. She heard a story form an old wolam runnign a breeding center. Jaden found out about the Pieces of the Plates and set out to stop the Ice, so she could once again travel through the mountains.
    Appearence: Jaden is 5'4 with dark cyan blue hair and matching eyes. She wears a dark red turtle neck shirt with no sleeves and long baggy black jeans. She has two rubber bracelets on her right arm (One pink that says "Werewolves Bite!" and the other black with purple paw prints) with two rings on the same hand. One is a celestial ring (Moon, Stars, Etc.) on her pinky and the other has blue and red triangles on it on her ring finger. On her other hand she has a spinning silver ring on her ring finger. She wears yin yang earrings and an ear band with a sword on it on her right ear too. Her shoes are normal dark red slip on's. She's normally seen with a dark gray jacket on, but she does take it off sometimes.
    Personality:
    Ichigo can be stubborn at times and a little hot-headed and reckless. Most of the time she's quiet, calm, and somewhat kind to people she first meets. When she's battling, she can be very tactful, observant, and fast to think and act.
    Pokemon: Jolteon, Riolu, and Pikachu

Last edited:

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
  • Hi.

Name: Silvester Mescola

History: Silvester used to be a Pokemon trainer. A highly skilled one as well. Silvester won a Pokemon League Competition and got 2nd and 5th in two others. After his third challenge (the one he won), Silvester set out to become a Legendary researcher in Hoenn because he was interested in the mythology. So, it was only natural that he heard about the plates. He immediately jumped in joy and started to explore the situation.

Appearance: Silvester is a tall and lean man, standing at 6'3. a bit tall for his age. His face is hard from all of his intense exploration. His brown eyes have many wrinkles from being in the sand, blizzards, and other types of weather. To prevent debris from getting in his eye, Silvester wears tight goggles.

Depending on the weather, Silvester wears many different outfits, but it's usually the same color: brown (during winter, however, he has a special white wardrobe). His skin is sandy brown.
    Personality: What is your character like?
    Pokemon: Priests of Ice cannot use fire Pokemon, but can use any other kind, and Heroes cannot use Ice types or Dark types. Up to three Pokemon per perso

drew6464

Spriter and composer
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    SUName: Gravic Lancaster.
    Faction: Hero (I regret, there are too many)
    History: He was training his baby Trapinch 5 years ago when the ice almost destroyed his village. He shielded his face with his hands, running away from the avalanche with his fellow companion. They seeked refuge in an abandoned house. Gravic braced himself to die as the mass of ice and snow grew nearer. Suddenly, Flygon appeared from Trapinch and saved him, flying him to a hidden forest. They lived there and grew strong, taking care of themselves in a remarkably good way. Since that day Gravic's new name for his Flygon was Kanji, which means "best friend."
    Personality: He's 5"7 with a gray hoodie over a black shirt with a white stripe. He has so much experience fighting with his Flygon they know each other's every move. His clothes are so remarkably well because he stole them from a village 20 miles away.
    Pokemon: Kanji (Flygon), though he gets new ones later on.

Last edited:

nabby101

Pieman
    Years
  • Name: Wes Hunter

History: Before Ice, Wes had lived with his poor family of 8, which he despised. The youngest of 6 kids, Wes got second-hand clothes, and never any Pokemon. Wes would sometimes steal his brothers and sisters Pokemon and battle, (almost always winning) facing punishment later. When Ice came, his family was killed. Ice spared Wes in hopes that he would join Ice as repayment. So Wes stole some of his families prized Pokemon and devoted his life to serving Ice.
    Personality: Wes is 6 feet tall, thin, with sandy blonde hair and hazel eyes. He is good at blending in, and is therefore a skilled spy. He wears a white hoodie with icicles on it.

He has little sense of humour, and doesn't talk a lot. However, when he is pretending to be someone else, he can change his personality easily.
    Pokemon: Weavile, Hochkrow, and Froslass.

Last edited:

shortdan1998

Rawr! I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • Name: Eric D Tran
    Faction: Hero (I wish I could at least use dark types though... *sigh*)
    Height: Eric is tall for his age, averaging out at 5"0, with dark brown hair, and eyes with different colors, one of which is brown, his natural eye color, yet his right eye's color is unknown, as it contains a seal from the ancients, what Eric calls a curse, yet allows him to talk to his Pokemon telepathically, and he can see what moves his opponent makes before they call it, which gives him an even greater edge than what he already has, even though he normally keeps that eye closed, to keep battles fair. He normally wears a plain white t-shirt and some jeans or jean shorts, however, during the Ice Age, he compensated for the weather by getting a snow white parka, and his usual jeans.
    History: Before Ice came out of his prison, Eric had been training in trainer's school, and was almost a battling prodigy. He trained day and night with them for one month straight, resting only to give encouragement and food and water to his Pokemon. When he found out his Parents were captured by Ice's underlings had given him another reason to fight, other than just causing an Ice Age which the conditions to live were quite harsh. In the end, he decided to join those opposing Ice in trying to fight back, and reclaim his homeland, as a place for freedom, not icy captivation.
    Personality: Eric has a way with people and Pokemon alike, he is very kind and loves his Pokemon as if they were his own brothers and sisters, as he raised his Mudkip from an egg. During the training, Mudkip had grown enough to complete its own goal, to become stronger for Eric, by evolving, along with the other Pokemon that Eric had. Though he may be caring, when someone angers him, he may go a little overboard, and his only friends are his Pokemon, even though he is quite popular, the people who say they are friends of his, are only trying to learn how he trains and such with his Pokemon. His own height is another thing that he can't quite hide, and so it's harder for him to hide by ducking, because his legs aren't what make him tall alone. And his strength makes him cocky, which is why he doesn't have many friends.
    Pokemon: Breloom, Swampert, Hitmonlee

Last edited:

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    That's pretty amazing.
    I'm pretty tall for my age as well.
    My mom notices that a lot.

By the way, how many members do we need to begin the roleplay?

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Where's Spectral? Isn't he the leader?
    We can't start without him.

Kid Ghandi

Ninja Squirtle
    Years
  • *Oh! I hope I'm not late!*
    Name: Lucas
    Faction: Priest...
    History: Lucas was born and raised in a low-lying forest, caring for wild life. He often sat on a moss-covered rock, tending for an Eevee, by which he called Olive. He kept Olive until it evolved into a Leafeon, on the moss-rock he cared for it. Life was peaceful where he lived, but the ice advanced on his homeland, freezing what was once his homeland. He fled to save the Pokemon, but his Leafeon was trapped in ice. He tried to thaw it out. After many attempts, he ran into a cave, crying, not and not stopping. Eventually, he saw light. A small tunnel, leads upwards. He climbs through. There he finds some sort of a lake, and a temple which neighbors it. Not knowing who makes it home, he enters it.
    Once inside the tunnel, he meets the beast of ice. He sees its' amazing powers and makes a deal with it. To bring his Leafeon back, in exchange for his life, as a servant. Soon after, he found a small indent in the cave, with something sleeping inside. A sneazel climbs out through the hole. It is sick, and he tends for it. He brought the two Pokemon to the beast of ice, and it gave him iron spheres "use this to keep your pets" says the beast of ice, handing him a large pouch. He uses the balls, and puts sneazel and Olive inside them.
    Personality: This character is unpredictable, so you might want to see in the RP yourself, no joke. I have a plan for the story line.
    Pokemon:
    Olive: His Leafeon, which Lucas has had since he was a child
    Webby: A silcoon, and one of the Pokemon he had rescued.
    Claws: The sneazel he had nursed for in the temple.

drew6464

Spriter and composer
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    So 5 Heroes, 3 Priests. I think he would like 5 of each, so no more heroes. The last two applications should be Priests to even it out.

RP's are slow processes, but if the main creator has given up, we can always start it ourselves. We'll give the creator of the forum some time.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Alright, I'll wait for him.
    And five members on each side sounds fair enough.

Spectral

A Ghostly Presence...
    Years
  • Very sorry, everyone, I was away from the day I posted this, to be honest, I never thought it would work, but still, it does, so... Yeah. Anyway, I have read each SU, and I have comments on each. By the way, Appearance sections were left out for a reason which will become clear once we have enough RPers.
    Kid Ghandi:
    I'll allow the personality thing, as the rest looks ok. You are accepted.

Shortdan:
    I'm thinking Gary Stu. Edit your personality to include some flaws and maybe change the history. Until then, you have a reservation.

Nabby: History are lacking slightly. Reserved.

Musician of Literature: I like it. Accepted.

Ichigo: I like this one aswell. Accepted.

Godzil: Good, and I like the revenge thing, rather than just being a heart-meltingly good person who's doing this for no apparent reason. Accepted.

Drew6464: You're accepted aswell.

TJgamer: Another good one. Accepted.

As I see it, this is the current list;
    Priests;
    KidGhandi
    TG gamer

Heroes:
    Musician of Literature
    IchigoTorisuna
    Godzil
    Drew6464

Reserved:
    Nabby (Priest)
    Shortdan (Hero)

I would like five of each, so if the people who are reserved do not eidt their SUs and someone else wants to take their place, then they will be removed from the RP. We will start once we have five of each, or on the 5th of August.

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    Name: Mai Suguroku

History: Mai was an average young girl, but never wanted to spend time with others. She spent her free time playing with her Nidoran and training to become an athlete. The Ice came when she was just 10 years old, robbing her of her ambitions. Convincing her parents that 10 year olds left on Pokémon journeys all the time, she went out to challenge the creature. However, she underestimated the harshness of the winter.

When she arrived at the temple, her Nidorina was frozen solid, and she was deathly ill from hypothermia. The Ice laughed at the girl, and offered her her life in exchange for her service. On the brink of death, the girl accepted, fear overpowering her anger. The Ice restored her and made her it's priest. She serves the Ice loyally, grateful to be alive. She was given a Carvanha as a reward for participating in the retrieval of one of the Shards. She now searches for them full-time, eager to please the frigid diety.

Appearance: Mai is of average height, around 5' 5". She is very thin, and only weighs 100 lbs. Her hair is black, with a grey streak on both sides, and reaches to the middle of her back. Her eyes are brown, but appear red in the light. A black cloth mask covers the bottom half of her face. She wears a black snowsuit with white fur around the collar and wrists. She wears heavy grey boots and a red fedora.

Personality: Mai is a distant girl, never connecting with people. She was only really happy when playing with her Pokémon, and shunned human contact. She will work with others now, but secretely despises all of them. She is cunning and secretive, completing tasks efficiently but never drawing attention to herself. She is easily angered and can become violent if pushed too far.

Pokemon: Mako the Carvanha, Royal Pin the Nidorina

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Surname: Seco

History: Seco was a single-kid on a family living in the mountains. The three led a quiet life, careless and only tending their flowers. They had Rock and Ice Types as partners and Seco used to play with their Onix the most. But, when the Ice came, Seco's parents were buried under sheet blocks of ice, never to be seen again. Right in that second, the Ice appeared and told Seco that he'll grant back his parents' lives if he helps him conquer the world. Fooled by the Ice's offer, Seco accepted and immediately begun the search in the frozen land. Only with his Onix by his side, the kid set on a journey to find the Shards, as described by his new master.

Personality: Seco is a calm person, something he shares with his family. He can easily make friends, be it old men or children. When it comes about his family, he is really emotive and defending. His Pokemon share mos of their traits with him. He also tends to be timid in certain situations, but quite rarely.

Appearance : Seco usually wears a ragged blue jacket with two yellow sprites. He also wears a black cap with an "S" mark on it. It was a gift from his parents and this is why he always has it with him. His trousers are blue, especially made for the long roads. He has gray boots came in set with the trousers, especially bought for his journey. Very little hair comes out from his cap, showing it is of a black shade, mixed a bit with gray. He is quite tall for his age, sporting 5''4.

Pokemon:
    Onix : Onix was the only Pokemon of Seco's family who survived the Ice. He decided to go with Seco on his travels for the shards.
    Snorunt : Seco found Snorunt near an old abandoned house. He never knew how he got there, but he caught it and used him ever since.

I'd also like to note that, if I get accepted, it will be my first RP ! Woot ! 8)

nabby101

Pieman
    Years
  • Sorry for the double-post, but Spectral hasn't been on in over a week, so are we allowed to start this on our own?

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    I have no idea.
    If he's is too busy with other things to host this Roleplay, maybe we could ask him if one of us should be the leader.
    But that's up to him.

Back