• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

aging

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I only feel old when I compare where I am to where I thought I'd be in the past at the age I am today and how I'm not there.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I feel pretty old when I think back even five years and just how different I was. Age really hits me when I realize I'm 24 and thought I'd be doing more with my life at this point. I had a dream a few weeks ago that I was in 4th grade, but I still had my 24 year old mind. But just being in a classroom like that in a tiny body and surrounded by other kids and actually viewing them as peers rather than simply kids, even with my 24 year old mind, it was...pretty nice. And of course, like all good dreams, I woke up and I can't get that time back.

...Posting in a thread about being old while using the poster boy old man for an avatar. Heh.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    I feel pretty young, mentally and physically. Only thing working against me physically is the old injuries I have and pain from a few surgeries.

I feel like I have a ways to go before I start feeling old mentally, which sucks depending on which way you look at it.

Years
    I don't feel my age, I feel rather younger, likely due to my disability. I often forget I'm as old as I am. I look younger as well, so that doesn't help.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    I'm 19 years old and I'm already terrified of aging. I don't know if it's just society's obsession with youth that's being drilled into my head, but basically I feel old and the thought of growing old enough to have wrinkles and silver hairs scares me to no end. I know it's so vain, but I can't quite help it. Especially now that I see all my former classmates getting 'real jobs' (cosmetologists, dental assistants, nurses, etc) and giving pregnancy announcements..I don't know. It's just kinda crazy. I remember being younger and on certain websites I couldn't even choose 1997 as my birth year because I was still too young to join. Now there are kids born in 2000 that know how to drive and I feel like the prime time of my life has already come and gone. I know it's silly, it really is. Every time I tell anyone about my strange fear they think I'm insane because 19 is 'practically a baby'. *shrugs* Anxiety, man.

To be honest there are definitely some pros that come with being an official adult. It's just that I wish I could now just pause time.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
    i do wish i was 16 righ now so i could do things differently but i am ok being 23
    just not ok with the situation i live in, having no job etc

BUT
    i could easily go for younger
    get told i look 17 all the time, sometimes even 16
    ^_^
    that's good, means when im 50, i look 40 mwuahahaha​

Years
    Mentally in some aspects yes? I've barely worked jobs for long (being only 25) but am already completely exhausted by the thought of working 40 more years, though I guess that's a lot of people. I'm just so disinterested by it and would rather travel or go have fun... Except you need money for those luxuries lol. Physically I look a lot younger than I am which I'm extremely thankful for.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    oh man the angst of getting older has hit me pretty bad actually. I just graduated from college and here I am 22 with a damn career and no more summer vacation or procrastinating or college parties or anything :( :( :(. I got a birthday card from my mom and it said "pretty soon you'll be 30" and it honestly ****ed me up man

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    honestly i've always joked about how i'm really [insert current age here] acting like a 40 year old acting like a 16 year old, but i don't feel old at all! probably because i still haven't graduated college, i guess? i think that when i eventually get around to doing that, i'll really feel like an old bastard because it means i'll finally have a career instead of just doing whatever i felt like doing/was capable of doing at the time. until then, i can bask in the facade of youth!

Back