• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Agree or Disagree (2.0)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Sure agree; at least from my perspective. I've also never met someone who doesn't regret anything.

What you want isn't necessarily what you need.

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    Disagree. I think it depends on the movie or series and how both manage to get you hooked. For example, I think that a 2 hour movie is more entretaining than a five second add!

The exclusion of the National Dex in Galar and in Paldea, I think (haven't played the game, so idk), kinda makes in the sense that every country in the real world has different native animal and plant species and not every living organism in existence.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    I disagree. Just because a National Pokédex doesn't exist in certain regions doesn't mean that records can't be kept on Pokémon from other regions, or that Pokémon from other regions can't be imported to Galar or Paldea. In other words, my point is that it makes sense that not every Pokémon will be native to or living in a certain region, but that doesn't mean that information shouldn't be kept on the Pokémon that don't live in those regions.

All actions have consequences.

Last edited:

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Agree. There's no debate in that!

Teddy bears are the best thing!

What I really hate are those "Have you ever heart of <sponsor>" and my answer is always "Yes, and no, I still don't want it. Now shut up and get back to the actual video!". I also hate how all of them plaster their ads at the top of their video description and create a pinned comment for that, as well. <_<
    Tip: on Youtube, press "L" several times to jump 10 seconds, most ads last around 1 min.

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    Agree. I know that every age has its own complications, but at least a kid can have a better experience, well, living than an adult or even teenager.

The world is not "getting too sensitive", each generation just has its own worries and things to fix.

I disagree. Just because a National Pokédex doesn't exist in certain regions doesn't mean that records can't be kept on Pokémon from other regions, or that Pokémon from other regions can't be imported to Galar or Paldea. In other words, my point is that it makes sense that not every Pokémon will be native to or living in a certain region, but that doesn't mean that information shouldn't be kept on the Pokémon that don't live in those regions.

Yeah, I can kinda see why it's bad. I actually had an idea for a Pokédex that was divided into "National Dex" and "Non-Natives". The "National Dex" is basically the section where every mon native to the region (the one without every Pokémon in existence), while the "Non-Natives" section is where every other Pokémon not in the National Dex is catalogued. That way, you can transfer all Pokémon into the game, whilst making not all of them mandatory to get to complete the Pokédex.

Years
    I've noticed a lot of people have grown quite touchy about what words are said around them or how people behave around them. People probably just kept quieter about that stuff before, however I can't help but notice that people are increasingly easily upset or angry about things. Disagreed.
    I'm mostly replying to the first part of that statement tbh as the second part feels like a whole different unconnected statement to me. Each generation does have its own worries and things to fix, that part I agree with.

Attacking ambulance personnel doing their job is inexcusable.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    It's probably not a good idea to let them eat stuff on the table like we do. Or let them go to school and what whatnot. :P
    But sure, I agree.

Sleeping in isn't too big of a deal.
    Tip: on Youtube, press "L" several times to jump 10 seconds, most ads last around 1 min.
    Most people also add a timeline to their videos including a block for ads. So you can just skip to the next block. Also a while ago Youtube introduced this statistic in videos that shows which parts more viewers watched. Usually when an ad starts you can be sure that the next big spike is right after the ad finished. xD

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    I can't really think of a time where laziness could be a good thing, it only screwed me over from what I can tell, so… disagree I guess.

We don't really need AI.

I'm mostly replying to the first part of that statement tbh as the second part feels like a whole different unconnected statement to me. Each generation does have its own worries and things to fix, that part I agree with.

Yeah, looking back on the sentence it doesn't really make that much sense because I didn't really give context to it. It's kind of talking about the fact that some people call this generation "too sensitive" or "too lazy" to do anything because, "Back in my day people were strong, capable and useful lives, WE FOUGHT ON A WAR and you guys are out there complainin' wanting 'equal rights' or whatever". So I think this kinda explains the worries and things that each generation has to fix part, in the past, it was the war and its consequences, today is the fight for a more inclusive society. Sorry if I made it confusing!

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I agree but AI makes lots of things easier... Also AI can be used in hospitals to automate the detection of stuff on medical imagery for example. It's not just ChatGPT and deep fakes ^^"
    So yeah we don't need AI but it makes everything it touches easier.

Gen 9 Pokémons have better designs than Gen 8 Pokémons.

Most people also add a timeline to their videos including a block for ads. So you can just skip to the next block. Also a while ago Youtube introduced this statistic in videos that shows which parts more viewers watched. Usually when an ad starts you can be sure that the next big spike is right after the ad finished. xD
    Yeah but you have to seize your mouse, understand where the cursor is, move it to the progress bar, and aim at the exact instant... A real geek uses mainly the keyboard :coolcat:

Years
    That's gotta mean homemade fast food is the best food ever =O
    Don't mind me as I throw some chicken nuggets in the air fryer then! =D

Taste wise, there are several fast foods I'd take over homemade meals. I'd take Chicken Nuggets over the very vast majority of homemade stuff =P
    Health wise homemade made is generally better.
    I wasn't sure what to go with, but I spy the word 'always' and will turn this into a Disagree =P

It's a good thing that your taste changes over the course of your life.
    not just food btw... For example what music you listen to, what clothing you like, etc.

Last edited:
    Years
    I'd say agree but not sure. Like, it just happens, so you can't really agree or disagree on the fact that it's good or not, because it would imply that you're self aware of your tastes being improved or not, but if a taste change has happened, then you probably think it's an improvement, so you can't fairly judge it. Maybe too overthinking, but I find the whole concept of changing taste really interesting because it totally happened to me lol

Today Nintendo Direct was pretty good

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I haven't watched it. But I also haven't seen people talking about an upcoming Xenoblade X port for the Switch which makes this an automatic disagree! :P

Everyone should have plants in their homes!
    Yeah but you have to seize your mouse, understand where the cursor is, move it to the progress bar, and aim at the exact instant... A real geek uses mainly the keyboard :coolcat:
    Repeatedly hitting the same button isn't particularly efficient and therefore not at all geeklike. If you always skip 10 seconds but the ad is not exactly a length divisible by ten then you spend some time mindlessly flailing about until you get the "right time". That's something you could easily avoid by scanning the timeline carefully! :P

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    I disagree. Not everybody can afford to keep the heat on all the time during the cold seasons unfortunately, which isn't good for most plants.

Social media doesn't make people dumber. It's just that dumb people are more likely to be exposed on it.

Years
    Disagree. I think social medias kinda make people dumber not in terms of like cognitive functionality lol, but meaning that sometimes uniforming yourself to the mass has some side effects, which isn't dumb, but it can make you more prone to loose your personal identity to follow other people. Basically, you critically think less and now this is kinda dumb. But I am not saying it always happens though. However imo, it's not like smart people don't use social medias. I indeed think there are s,art ways of using social medias, one of those being influencing more than being influenced.

Animal experimentation should be regulated but not banned

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Agreed, but I think it's already regulated, isn't it?
    And we need animal experimentations for medication and all, otherwise we have to test medication on humans directly, and we don't want that.

Space tourism is great.

Back