• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Ahh... the good old days....

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    Lol the first Pokemon Game I owned was the Yellow Version

I beat the elite with pretty much only Pikachu (lvl100)
    I used Mewtwo only against Ground types.

I was obsessed with Pikachu back then

NOw I have FireRed, my Yellow Version broke somehow :(

I use a whole team rather than just a super powered pokemon.

Blastoise (85)
    Charizard (84)
    Venasaur (85)
    Alakazam (85)
    Tyranitar (84)
    Raichu (85)

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    I remember when Red came out and everyone had it, I had all level 28 pokemon, and I battled this guy who had exploited the rare-candy cheat. That was before I knew about it. Needless to say, his level 100 Articuno's Ice Beam was more than enough to KO my level 28 Raichu. And that... was my first defeat. And I'll never forget the crowd of people who watched us either; he had their admiration.

When Yellow came out, I remember taking it with me when I went duck hunting. While walking through a forest, I dropped my GBC. A year later, I found it. The precipitation and other elements had destroyed the GBC, but the Yellow still worked. I remember having Mew (gameshark), Gengar, Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur. I had grown very attached to that save file after what it had gone through... until my cousin's retarded friend erased it.

Then I have another fond memory of losing to my own rival. I had been playing pokemon since the beginning with this one guy, who has always been somewhat of an Ash while I've been the Gary. Anyways, we were playing our Silver versions, and had both just caught our Sudowoodos, and decided to battle. The only reason he won is because I, regretably, told him that as a Rock type, Sudowoodo's weakness to be exploited in this match would be Fighting. And Sudowoodo knows Low Kick. So he won that one. Sudowoodo face-off. His had higher speed I guess. But I'll never forget it.

I have another fond memory of flaunting my Celebi on my Gold version to a kid many years ago at a summer camp. My friend and I laughed at his incredulity; obviously he had never heard of gameshark. We also laughed at him because he has a lisp though. That made his wonderment more humourous.

Years
    When I was a child my mother always refused to give me a gameboy for christmas, so I saved all my pocket money and bought one and a gold version when I was seven.
    One week later I beat the game with my level 100 pidgeot...

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    It's all pretty generic memories, actually. Here's one though. I was playing Pokemon Stadium 2 with some friends with my Pokemon Yellow version. We went to take a break, and for some reason I do not remember, I unplugged the transfer pack with my Yellow still in it, and left it on the floor. Sounds fine, right?

Well, my dog was teething. And, apparently, he couldn't find anything better to chew. Good bye, Transfer Pack. The Yellow actually still worked, despite having, you know, holes in the top indention where "Nintendo" is (it even saved, too!), but all the sprites showed up as a giant black box. So, somehow, don't exactly remember, but my Mom ended up getting me a new one, and I lived happily ever after.

I also remember waking up early with my older brother to play bug catching contests together in Gold and Silver. Even though we technically ingame weren't competing, we were if you understand what I mean. Oh, good memories. How time flies, eh?

Loud and Annoying Pidgey

« if you still b e l i e v e »
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    I Remember... *Sniff*

I Had A Cyndaquil... He Was Level 100... His Name Was Valco...

I Was Walking Around... *Sniff*

And My Light Was Green Bur My Gameboy Turned Off... So I Went To Restart From Where I Saved... And It Only Said Options And New Game... :(

Poor Valco... He Was My Buddy...

:'(

varial295

A pokemon researcher
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2010
    Lol the first Pokemon Game I owned was the Yellow Version

I beat the elite with pretty much only Pikachu (lvl100)
    I used Mewtwo only against Ground types.

I was obsessed with Pikachu back then

NOw I have FireRed, my Yellow Version broke somehow :(

I use a whole team rather than just a super powered pokemon.

Blastoise (85)
    Charizard (84)
    Venasaur (85)
    Alakazam (85)
    Tyranitar (84)
    Raichu (85)

ur really good man heh heh heh we shuld battle one time

blitzbear

aprentice breeder(maybe crazy)
    Years
    i had red yellow crystal i remebr trading my prized pikachu form yellow to my brothers blue game he accidentally deleted it ...
    then on my crystal i lost my link cable and really wanted to restart so my to faverite pokemon falamie typlosion and cooper meganium were deletd the next day i found my link cable

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    Ah yellow version, my first Pokemon game. I remember trying to get enough money from the slots for an entire month trying to get a porygon (which at the time I didn't know what a PORYGON was), and when I finaly got it, it almost immediately became my favorite pokemon, and remains so to this day. (Though gulpin will always have a place in my heart too. )

And then, I became overjoyed when porygon got an evolution in the next generation, where I/my brother immediatly bought Crystal Version, and I was struck hard when I found out I had to trade in order to make it evolve (I was isolated from any other people who played pokemon.) But it was still some of the most fun I ever had playing pokemon.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    I have every GB Pokemon game, except Silver (and Green and the Japanese Blue :p). But my first was Gold. I remember not being able to get out of the player's house (I've told this story many times). I got out (with the help of my grandfather) and I've never stopped.

Gold's battery has since died (but the batteries for Red, Blue, Yellow and Crystal are fine) which means I'll have to settle for Crystal. I haven't played RBY lately, I should probably play them sometime! I wish I had a Surfing Pikachu...

Years
    well silver was my first pokemon game i loved it so much i bought it in summer of 2003 and i used to play a lot ! i had typhlosion , pidgeot ,suicune etc lvl 100 but by mistake i restarted it. then i borrowed a gameboy from my friend with his gold version too and i almost completed the pokedex, using my pokemon blue [my second pokemon game],by trading .i'm saying almost because i didnt have celebi , mew [i had not heard of the mew trick back then]etc. but i liked the sprites of the pokemon such as scizor, mewtwo, articuno,steelix etc .. i love it... the sound of the gameplay when walking to routes and towns.. the sound of battling pokemon. its my first pokemon game and these memories will remain for ever.. i miss those days. everyone used to say a lot of glitches about silver and gold which were lies of course,about the ilex shrine etc.. also i liked it when i discovered the kanto area which was available after winning the elite 4..
    now i;m playing again silver in meboy on my mobile phone and i love it
    luckily the internal batteries of my silver and blue are ok,but i have erased my saved games :/

Back