• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen ahhh... pokemon blue

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2009
    so i just started it again but im having trouble deciding on which pokemon to catch i've just currently beaten the 1st gym :) so any ideas?

oh yeah my starts charmander now a charmeleon

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Considering snabbing and training an Abra, Gastly, and Pidgey. All will be key for Elite 4.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • I always get a pidgey (For FLY) A Pikachu, water, you said you have Charmeleon, you will need something to kill water, and I don't pick grass types XD And then as your progress try to get a Ghastly, it has no weaknesses in that game right? But I don't really know, thats just what I catch XD

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Gastly is a good Pokémon to choose; but you will need a friend to help you evolve it from haunter to Gengar. It does have a weakness: Psychic. And, because there were no abilities back then, it's also weak to Ground.

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
    Years
  • My team almost always have
    fire (Charizard),
    water/ice (Lapras),
    electric (Pikachu),
    flying (Pidgeot),
    ground (Marowak),
    psychic (Alakazam)
    and absolutly NO legendaries!

Da Kid J3

Its Da Kid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2010
    Ahh yes pokemon blue my little bro threw it in a puddle of water and it broke : (

but if you make it to lavender town catch a growlithe and make sure to pick up a rhyhorn to get a rhydon oh and why not a dragonite aguably the most powerfull pokemon of that era.

~King~

Old School Trainer
    Years
  • yeah i just recently bought an old black gameboy pocket and pokemon red

and im loving it

i mean the modern video game market is pretty cluttered now-a-days
    but there is always the original pokemon to break through all of that.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Go towards victory road and catch a mankey in the grass outside the entrance. Then train it until it learns low kick around lvl 12. And rock pokemon are weak against fighting, so you should have no problem.

Years
  • I would always just catch whatever was handy at the start of the game. Most of the time by the end I'd end up with Charizard, Raichu, Fearow, Primape, Nidoking, and some other pokemon.

I wasn't hard into the strategy of beating the gyms back then, I just figured I'd catch some pokemon and hit things 'till they died.

Back