• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AHHHH! SPIDER!

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
    -Snakes
    -Spiders
    -Any kind of bug except ladybugs, fireflies and the really small ants
    -Clowns
    -Bridges
    -Deep water (like deeper than 6 ft)
    -Small spaces (especially if I'm not able to move)
    -The ocean
    -Needles (I will never be a druggie XD)
    -Heights (I've never been on a roller coaster or ferris wheel)
    -Being outside at night... even if its a short walk to the car or hanging out near a streetlight, I
    still get scared

And I always feel funny when I'm inside an elevator

Last edited:

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    I have a fear of dogs. Also known as Cynophobia. Been scared of them since I was five and trying to get over it since. ;(

NebulaNinja

Gym Leader
    Years
    I'm not really afraid of insects, spiders, etc. unless the try to hurt me.
    But I have a major fear of ceiling fans! I just hate it when they're on full blast and everything, it freaks me out. When I was 9, I was sleeping in the living room and the ceiling fan came crashing down and it scared the heck outta me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Fear of sick, but it's not so much a phobia any more as it is a lesser fear now. Used to be really bad for it though, I'd end up being unable to sleep at night, shaking and shivering in my bed, if I knew there was going to be a school/club trip on a coach the next day. There was always going to be someone who would throw up on the coach.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I don't have any phobias. I'm scared of some things, but it's not an irrational fear.

I guess the only notable things are chihuahuas and Ambipom. And honestly, I made myself scared of them. XD; The former, I was a kid and needed to think of something that scared me and I really didn't like chihuahuas so I said they did and it became my go-to answer when someone asked "what are you afraid of". Eventually I started getting nervous around them and I had a nightmare about them once. :( I've finally shaken it though and while I still abhor them, I can deal with being around one and seeing pictures of one.

As for Ambipom... ugh, Aipom's udder-tail always creeped me out and Ambipom just made it worse. Again, I said my extreme dislike was fear and people ran with it. It became a joke to link me to normal (or excessively creepy) Ambipom images and I'd jokingly freak out until... now? I actually do. Ambipom makes me so, so, so uncomfortable. D: I can't look at one long enough and I feel repulsed just seeing an icon of one or something. XD It's incredibly awkward and embarrassing, but oh well.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I don't have any phobias. I'm scared of some things, but it's not an irrational fear.

I guess the only notable things are chihuahuas and Ambipom. And honestly, I made myself scared of them. XD; The former, I was a kid and needed to think of something that scared me and I really didn't like chihuahuas so I said they did and it became my go-to answer when someone asked "what are you afraid of". Eventually I started getting nervous around them and I had a nightmare about them once. :( I've finally shaken it though and while I still abhor them, I can deal with being around one and seeing pictures of one.

As for Ambipom... ugh, Aipom's udder-tail always creeped me out and Ambipom just made it worse. Again, I said my extreme dislike was fear and people ran with it. It became a joke to link me to normal (or excessively creepy) Ambipom images and I'd jokingly freak out until... now? I actually do. Ambipom makes me so, so, so uncomfortable. D: I can't look at one long enough and I feel repulsed just seeing an icon of one or something. XD It's incredibly awkward and embarrassing, but oh well.
    AHHHH! SPIDER!

:p It's not real, relax. What about talk of eyes and contact lenses?

Aaaanywaaay,

I have a couple of stupid fears. But I wouldn't call them a phobia. A phobia is extreme. A phobia disrupts daily life and involves excessively trying to avoid whatever it is you're afraid of.

That isn't the case with me (well, I hope). Irrational though? Yeah, probably.

Two Bs. Birds and butterflies. I just don't like the unpredictability of them and their movements. And birds have beaks and move their heads all weird and twitchy-like. I've gotten better with birds over the year. I still don't like them, but I don't freak out near them, although I'll be itchin' to get away.

Oddly stuff like ostriches or flamingos I'm good with. Eagles. Whatever. Pelicans and smaller, nope.

Butterflies I have no explanation as to how that started. I think when I was little, my cousin would just scream at every single kind of bug. She doesn't now of course. But, somehow that stuck with me, only for one - and the one that makes the least amount of sense. I'm far worse with them than birds. I've been in a bird sanctuary before, although super fidgety the whole time. But a butterfly conservatory? No chance in hell. Ever. They seem so unnatural.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I had to look up the word, but I have a phobia of someone breaking into my house. I often make up noises in my head of people coming up the stairs, and standing outside of my doorway. This happens when I'm home alone and when I'm with others in the house. Apparently, the best thing I could find for this is called Scelerophibia, which is "the fear of bad men, burglars."

Silver.Nova

Golden Smile and Silver Tears
    Years
    I'm afraid of heights and possession. You know, like by a demon or evil spirit.

Believe me or not, but it's almost happened to me before so, yeah. Definitely up there for fears.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Heights (how I don't puke on planes is beyond me), crowds, deep water, being truly alone, and other people's injuries. Don't notice my own for some reason.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Hmm, I never really looked up the official term...*does so now*...Amathophobia. Fear of dust. I've also a fear of dead spiders and cobwebs, mostly of getting them in my mouth/throat.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Everyone has fears, yes, but not everyone has phobias. A fear becomes a phobia if it's irrational and interferes with your life.

By that definition I guess you could call it a phobia but I'm afraid of conflict and try to avoid it if possible. Even simple arguing sends my stress level soaring. Being in trouble even a little is scary, too. Oh, and crowded places with lots of noise/smells. Without someone I trust accompanying me you wouldn't catch me in a place like that.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    I have a fear of....

Spiders
    Insects
    Heights
    Awkward Moments of Silence
    Robbers

Anything else I'm well prepared for!

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    -Spiders
    -Bees
    -Out in the ocean
    -Not necessarily height, but if I'm high up and there's no boundary, I'm afraid to look up. If there's a boundary I don't have a problem looking down

Those are just the biggest.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I'm afraid of big spiders, heights, creepy underwater creatures, and clowns. Quite a lot, if I say so myself.

Back