• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AIM

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    So, out of complete curiosity, I wanted to try AIM out.

Now, Yusshin is a name I created; I can't imagine that someone took it and used it for an AIM account. It seemed weird when it said it was taken, and none of my normal passwords work.

So I tried Yusshinze instead, and I enter my password, and it rejects me anyway, which makes me think that I made [email protected] but I keep getting rejected and told my password is wrong, when I just made Yusshinze, and I changed the password since it works on the site but not on the actual IM program.

I try to make an account using the AIM IM program, but it says both Yusshin and Yusshinze are taken.

Wth? Why won't it sign me in? There is no confirmation e-mail; I don't get it.

I tried restarting the IM program, too, but nothing works.

Does anyone have any experience with AIM? Why does it do this; it doesn't happen to my sister, and I'm currently streaming + using PC + using MSN + using Skype (and my sister's using AIM at this very second), so it's not my Internet.

supertails

Dictator
    Years
    try to back passwords and everything up. u're having a problem with AIM, though it's not actually super safe, I would type a password on file and password protect it. open office, not sure about word but open office can password protect documents. it's better to put the password on a password protect cd or something then on paper or to not remember. type the password on a document, paste it in, if it works on site it should word on IM, just copy and paste. u want to be secure but not so secure that not ever u can enter. tell me if that works. also sometime websites like that tend to crop passwords if their too long, try to shorten the password each time u get an error, I know I had problems with MSN cause of that but I would recommend shortening the password each time cause AIM may be shortening the password and the IM isn't. that may or may not work but it's worth a try.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I figured out AIM isn't working at all; the server crashed at some point, so I can't even log on :s

I'll edit if I figure out it's something else...

supertails

Dictator
    Years
    true errors like that happen but if it's pretty rare to see it happen in that way. I'd still try the advise I gave u but at a later time. Good luck.

Zet

Years
    Even though Yusshin is a name that you created it doesn't mean someone else hasn't thought of it before, much like my username. I sometimes find myself seeing that Zet is already taken for games and other stuff.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Yeah, AIM's not working at all in my household. It's really weird. [email protected] works on Meebo / E-Buddy, but the .exe on my computer tells me my password is wrong.

Does anyone else experience this?

Back