• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~ * Akira's Sprite Thread * ~

LoneStarAkira

This place is cooler already!
Years
  • I've been spriting for the past couple of years, mainly Pokemon stuff but every now and then I try something a little different. I preffer scratching and detailed revamps over other spriting, so you won't see all that many fusions and retypes from me. The categories will split a bit more when I have more sprites to post. So for the meantime, my revamps and scratches of Pokemon will be in the same place (since I practically scratch the revamps anyway).

Decent feedback is highly appreciated. Sprites aren't sorted chronologically. c:

- Newest -

Quagsire Gold scratch-revamp.

- Pokemon Scratches/Revamps -

- Misc. Pokemon -

- Lufia/Estpolis -

- Original -

Scratch sprite of a forme for Arceus I came up with.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I've been spriting for the past couple of years, mainly Pokemon stuff but every now and then I try something a little different. I preffer scratching and detailed revamps over other spriting, so you won't see all that many fusions and retypes from me. The categories will split a bit more when I have more sprites to post. So for the meantime, my revamps and scratches of Pokemon will be in the same place (since I practically scratch the revamps anyway).

Decent feedback is highly appreciated. Sprites aren't sorted chronologically. c:

- Newest -

Wow I really like the shiny quagsire it looks really great.
    9.5/10

- Pokemon Scratches/Revamps -

Okay, all the sprites looks realy amazing, but just one thing is that raikou's head is a bit to round and frosslass does too.
    Bulbasaur: 7/10
    Charmander: 10/10
    Totodile: 7/10
    Chikorita: 8/10
    Froslass: 6/10
    Spirtomb: 7/10
    Venomoth: 10/10
    Raikou: 5/10
    Palkia: 9/10

- Misc. Pokemon -

Haha. ^-^ These are so cute! 10/10 for all of them! ^-^

- Lufia/Estpolis -

:O Ooo.. Nice work. Love the pink haired girl/boy.
    8/10

- Original -

This forme of arceus s good I can see you have put some effort ito this. But personally I am not really fond of it. But it is still great! ^-^

Overall fantasticwork! Keep it up! ^-^
    Out of 100: 97/10 = :D

LoneStarAkira

This place is cooler already!
    Years
  • I don't mean any offense, but ratings mean absolutely nothing to me. They tell me nothing of what your thoughts are on certain qualities of the sprites, they're just plain numbers. The small comments you've made on the different categories aren't descriptive, and are rather empty comments, so they don't back up the ratings very much.

Constructive criticism involves getting into at least somewhat detail of what's good about the sprite and what isn't, and then if possible, recommending some ways of making the sprite better. Try and use it in future posts; it really helps to know what's good about our work and what needs improvement.

In reply to the Raikou comment especially; I kept him in the old Gold/Silver design, where his face design is different and alot rounder. The Quagsire's shiny sprite's colours are identical to the HGSS one, so I don't understand why you commented on the shiny sprite, as well as the fact that the sprite itself is the same as the non-shiny. :/

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
  • THIS IS SO LONG

You have a sprite thread now! Awesomesauce. Hope you don't mind if I do some con/crit'n'. I'll try to be detailed!

This is great. The pose is perfect and the shading is perfect; it resembles a high quality official sprite. You've really captured Quagsire perfectly here. The pixels on the top of the tail seem a little odd, but not extremely so.

Bulbasaur
    - this is a very good quality sprite. "Official" is a word used often to compliment sprites, however I've noticed that a lot of the official sprites are pretty shoddy looking. So I'll just say that this is a great sprite and wouldn't look out of place in one of the RPGs. One thing that stands out under scrutination is the pixelling around Bulbasaur's rear right leg. It seems a little "square", for want of a better word. It's hardly noticeable, however. Also, the shading on the bulb looks a tad off in some places, but again, hardly noticeable. Awsum overall.

Charmander - Let me just say the shading is impeccable. However, the anatomy seems a little bit off to me. I don't know, something about its left leg looking a little large or big. And its left arm seems to curve a little strangely. Otherwise, it's really good.

Totodile - It's great. The pose is wonderful, and the shading top notch. Where its tail joins its body, however, looks strange to me because it seems like the tail should be a darker shade, as it looks a little like it joined further to the front of the body than it really is. Other than that, once more, it's perfect.

Chikorita
    - Dumdedum, there's really nothing I can say about this. You've gotten it amazingly perfect, and other flattering adjectives. It's good. Yer.

Froslass - Luuuvvverrly. Froslass is a really nice Pokemon, and you've done it justice with this sprite. Kewlio pose, great shading. Seems like perhaps there should be more deliberation between its head and its right arm, but that's not really a problem.

Spiritomb - What can I say? It's Spiritomb, and you've executed it extremely well. The only thing I could point out is the shape of the cloud, toward the lower right half of the picture. Seems too rounded. Otherwise, fumbz up plz. It's gouda.

Venomoth
    - I really like this one. You've managed to capture the... hmm... delicacy(?) of its wings really well, and the outline is really good. Not much more I can say, really. Very "official" looking, as always.

Raikou
    - As per usual, your shading is perfect.
    However, in this sprite Raikou seems to be a little too small, and its face somehow not as intimidating as it should be. You seem to have rearranged the face a little, which is kewl. It's good to see variation in people's sprites. Now I feel patronising.SILLY FANTOMIX SHOULD READ PREVIOUS POSTS

Palkia
    - This is asdjfgklaskdslgooood. Personally I think it stands out as one of your best sprites ever - perfectly executed, complex anatomy, great shading, and the lines are omnomnom. The stance seems a little non-Pokemon-y, but as a sprite itself it's extremely, amazingly good. U WIN K.

Starrrrrrrrly~ - I really like the shading, it makes the Starly seem almost 3D, and kind of statue-esque. And the eye is omglolfreaky, but that's cool.

Froslass!
    - Nice emulation of the R/B/G style (I presume that's what it is). You're greate with a limited palette.

Eeveeursa
    - this is just lulz. Well done, but lulz. I luld. It's lulz. Lulz.

GOD I DON'T KNOW THESE NAMES FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

LITTLE BOY THING:
    すごい! ルヒア スプライト は とても かわいい です! がだいすき です! とても よい! lolisuckatjapanese. Perfect pixelan', as always.

METALSEADRAMON: I really love how you've coloured/shaded these. The alternate coloured one, the term for which I also don't remember, is especially good. It's all mystical looking, and preetty~ You have such a versatile way of pixelling.
    Oh, which way is its head facing? xD;

VENESAUR:
    This is really cool. I cringe at the thought of pixelling the skin, but the results are amazing; you've captured the texture very well. Seems like some darker tones might've been nice around its stomach/legs/tail area, and its tail seems to lack "tonal modelling" or whatever that funny term is.

This is thuper cool. It's all mangle'd 'n stuff. Actually, this is a really unique idea - I wish you'd post the backstory here, because it and the sprite kind of go hand in hand!
    Once again, great shading, great colours, great vision, great execution. "I want one!"

FIN.

GODPLZFFORGIVEME I feel like a moron for writing all that. I hope it's the kind of thing you want!

Back