• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alcohol

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Do you drink alcohol?
    I have some occasional wine every once in a while, but I'm not a heavy drinker at all.

If so, why?
    I just feel like it and there's not much more to answer with the question honestly.

To those that do drink alcohol, do you only do so in the company of others as a social thing, or do you usually drink alone?

Well it's usually just my self in all, I wouldn't want company by me when I am drinking.

How often do you drink?
    I started to have some just this year, but I haven't had it more than five times if you want to know.

What's your opinion on the laws about alcohol? Do you think they're too strict, too lax?
    Well, I don't think anyone really follows the drinking age if they are a teenager(if they consume it), and I don't see a problem with it as long as you don't abuse it in my opinion. I'm not saying everyone drinks, it's just stating some facts from my thoughts. The laws are not really strict though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Do you drink alcohol?
    No.

If not, why not?
    Not legal, not interested.

Is it a bad thing to drink alcohol?
    Not bad unless it consumes your life. I'm not going to get into the depression discussion.

Is it because you dislike the taste, or the effect?
    The smell turns me off, I'm afraid of the effects, and like I said, I'm just not interested.

What would your opinion be on someone who gets drunk every night?
    They probably need a new hobby if it's every night.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Do you drink alcohol?
    No, I don't.

If not, why not?
    Because of I being underage, and seriously, I don't want to be sick or anything of the sort.

I wonder what you think... In my opinion, yes, it sort of is in its own way.

The effect... I don't want that happening to me.

Get a life, hobby, etc., that avoids drinking alcohol.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Do you drink alcohol?

No, underage.

If not, why not?

Underaged, need to be 18. When I am 18 I will drink. I have had sips off my parents on very small occasions and it tastes nice most of the time :)

No.

umm. I hate the smell. Never had the 'effect' obviously.

A waste of a life :/

Years
  • Do you drink alcohol?
    Yes.

If so, why?
    Because you like the taste, because you want to experience the effects? How often do you drink?

It's mostly a taste thing, these days. Rarely do I drink enough to get drunk, and honestly I like to keep it that way. But sometimes it's nice to kick back and have a nice-tasting drink, you know? I'd say I drink maybe two, three times a month since I've turned 21, even less now that there's nothing in the house. It's not something I usually purchase, and not something I intend to, either.

What's your opinion on people that refuse to drink alcohol at all?
    More power to them. I actually admire them for it. It's kind of hard to explain why. x_x;

To those that do drink alcohol, do you only do so in the company of others as a social thing, or do you usually drink alone?
    Typically it's social. Even when I buy some girly-beer for the house, I typically wait to drink some with my roommate. I think I might've had two or three drinks alone. Again, I want to keep it that way.

Ayselipera

I don't drink, but I can't say I don't think about it a lot. For the past couple years I've come to the conclusion that I'm definitely depressed, but I don't want to admit it to anyone in real life because I'm somewhat embarrassed/ashamed. I actually tried talking to my parents about it at one point, but they pretty much passed it off as I was just in a bad mood at the time. So I've given up on really telling anyone. Which brings me to the whole to drink or not drink situation.

Part of me just wants to go and drink so I don't have to think about why I'm upset for a while. At the same time I really don't want to disappoint myself. I'm also hesitant because I don't want to start drinking my feelings and have that become a reoccurring habit. So I always have these two choices in my head, feel like crap or really disappoint myself. Then on top of that I always have two different comments coming in at me all the time. I'll either get the, "I really respect you for your choices." or the "Lololol just drink and get over it." I'm stuck at a crossroad I suppose~

Also I actually sympathize with people who get drunk every night so they can suppress their feelings. I guess it's one of those things that from far away it's easy to judge and assume, but unless you really know what it feels like to be depressed and either have no one to go to/feel ashamed then you'll never really get it.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Do you drink alcohol?
    Yes, on occasion

If so, why?
    Because you like the taste, because you want to experience the effects? What's your opinion on people that refuse to drink alcohol at all? How often do you drink?
    -I have a cousin that's a beer connoisseur and my parents are wine connoisseurs, so I've grown appreciative of the taste of alcohol.
    -people that refuse to drink are cool in my book. I can understand their stance on sobriety and respect it.
    -Alone, I drink about once a month, but I'm not above enjoying a drink at social occasions.

Company of others for sure.

What's your opinion on the laws about alcohol? Do you think they're too strict, too lax?
    They're just fine as they are. 21 might be a bit too high of an age, but since I'm over 21 anyways, it doesn't matter anyways. XD

Generally, I have no problem with people that drink, but I do have a contemptuous attitude towards those that go out with friends for the sole purpose of getting ****faced drunk. XD

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Yes. Almost every night. I only drink a beer a day, and it is usually on the order of something really dark. I drink because I have a taste for dark ale, and drinking in moderation has been shown to be highly beneficial to the circulatory system (See 1-2 beers a day for men). Seeing as how heart disease runs in my family, I think my rationalization is sound.

I don't drink, but I can't say I don't think about it a lot.

This is sad:S Maybe you should try and tell your parents, or someone else about this again? It is easy to get caught up drinking problems away. The thing is- all that gets drunk away is life, not the problems. I wont continue with this.. but yeah. I hope you consider carefully.

Last edited:

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
  • I don't drink and I'm underage but I wouldn't even if I was 21.

I've seen alchol at its worse. I've seen too many of my family fall by it. I can't stand to see drinking because I always picture, a close friend of mine that died from drunk driving.

In my opionon nobody should drink but I know there would be no way to inforce that rule...

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
  • Do you drink alcohol?
    Yes, I have drank. Underage, and don't care. Not a hardcore drinker though.

I wouldn't necessarily call it bad. I'll go ahead and play the card, God created man to have some fun. I will say, that whoever gets themselves so drunk to the point of being sick, is an all-time dumb person, as is the person who drinks and drives, or drinks and just raises general chaos. See, I drink to be social. I've been sick before (most likely caused by motion sickness), and it isn't fun. People get sick and say they're having a good time. (Bill Cosby covered this.) I don't understand how spending up to an hour at the toilet puking your guts out is at all fun. I can understand being young and getting drunk to the point of being sick, you're new, and don't know how much you can take. I'm a lightweight. A few drinks will buzz me, and I'll say I'm good for the rest of the night. But at the same time, I don't always wish to be the buzzkill, and will engage in drinking card games (No binge drinking). I don't consider it a bad thing, you just need to be responsible.

Stupid. I don't care how good a reason you have, it's plain dumb. Waste money killing yourself. Dumb.

Because you like the taste, because you want to experience the effects?
    Okay, I'll go ahead and be honest, I cannot drink straight alcohol. It tastes like s***. I hate cheap domestic beer (except Mikes Hard Lemonade. That's very tasty and decent). And I hate drinking straight shots of Vodka, Rum, Whiskey, whatever. I need to have a mixer. I'll pour one or two shots of vodka, or rum into certain soda or juices, and I will be fine. It's a very tasty drink. As for the effects, sometimes it's fun to be drunk, I'll admit it! Not puke-drunk, but fun drunk! First time I got REALLY drunk, my pals told me to go force religion on one of my pals and we all had a good time with it! We were a little loud, yeah, but we weren't raising hell or anything. I will say if I have had too much, then puking is not fun at all, as I said above. First time I got puke drunk, I spent up to an hour, literally shaking, and puking at my friends toilet. I have been careful with alcohol ever since, but we think now that I get sick mainly riding in a car. As the only two times I have been puke drunk, were after riding in a car.

I respect ALL people. It's a choice to drink alcohol. My pals started drinking way before me. I held out on drinking until the age of 18, which my pals were kinda surprised at. If one does not wish to drink, I might say, "I'd at least try something," But I'm not gonna force it. My friends didn't force me into it, and the only reason I started was because they bought three bottles of Forties, one for each of them, and one didn't want it, so I finally said, "I'll try it."

How often do you drink?
    Not that often. I am not one to drink often because, yes I am still underage, (One year to go) and don't need the cops busting me for having a good time. I still think it's BS that I can get married, die for my country, smoke, and do all this other crud, but can't take a simple drink.

I NEVER drink alone. I never smoke alone. I never do anything like that alone. I have to be social, it's why I started in the first place. I don't see the point in drinking alone. I want to have fun when I drink, and friends provide fun.

As I said above, I think it's BS I can get married, die for my country, vote, smoke and do al this other crud, and not be able to take a simple drink. Can't possess it, buy it, or drink it. Probably because the country wants a possible valued soldier to die on the field of battle, and not die in a gutter drowning in his own vomit.

I will say, be careful when trying alcohol for the first time. It can be a fun experience, but just as dangerous all together. I have mentioned I have been puke drunk due to riding in a car. We are smart and have sober drivers. I say it's an experience one won't forget when it is their first time, and I have funny stories of my first time drinking, but as I said, be careful. VERY careful.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • Do you drink alcohol?
    On very special occasions, yes, but no more than that.

If so, why?
    Partially for the taste and partially for the effect. Strange thing, alcohol seems to taste better and better when you've already had a shot or two. Beer is the one thing that I can't stand. :x But I've been told that I just need to try the good stuff.

Not at all as long as you're mature enough to handle it. I don't claim to be, but I at least know enough not to get wasted every night.

I would understand why they make that choice, but I would still think pretty lowly of them. I've had days where I'd kill just for a quick escape like a drink or two, but in the end you're still gonna have to face the world, and better sooner than later when things haven't yet fallen apart.

I really admire them a lot, especially if they're teens with particularly liberal parents. That's the kind of willpower I wish I had, and to be so emotionally grounded should be considered a gift.

I've never drank alone. When I do drink, it's usually on rare occasions like New Year's Eve or a little end-of-summer celebration with my friends. You know you're safe to let go for a little while when you're in the company of those you love and trust.

What's your opinion on the laws about alcohol?
    I think they're just right... which is somewhat hypocritical coming from me, I'll admit. :x

Years
  • I drink to suppress my problems.

I'll drink to that. /clink

Anyway, I do drink. I am a University student and for about 95% of us, getting drunk is what we do.
    I have been, however, too busy to be going out and drinking lately, but I do have a can of beer after a long day or a small glass of whiskey to chill me out at times. Not every night, but only when I need something to chill me out.

Do you drink alcohol?
    I do indeed!

If not, why not?

Not at all.

Nope, I like the smell and the taste of most alcohol, that is why I drink it.

Well, it is a waste. But it depends on their reason. Sometimes, someone needs a few nights of getting wasted. But if it is all the time, then I condone it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't drink alcohol not only because I'm too young for it, but because aware of its long-term consequences. I did sip a few alcoholic drinks a few times, though.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Alcohol is not for drinking. It kills you slowly and painfully, and that is something I do NOT want happening to me. And if it doesn't kill you through liver damage, the stupid **** you get up to when drunk might kill you. I know, I know, you can regulate how much you can drink and whatever, but I just don't want to take the risk. There's just too much to risk when you try it, and I'd rather be on the safe side and avoid it altogether.

There's also the religion factor for me. In Islam, it is prohibited for Muslims to drink alcohol, and it is a major sin to do so for obvious reasons. I'm not the most religious Muslim, but I try to avoid the major sins, including drinking alcohol.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Do you drink alcohol?
    Yes.

Is it a bad thing to drink alcohol? Is it because you dislike the taste, or the effect? What would your opinion be on someone who gets drunk every night?
    It is not a bad thing, in moderation. There's nothing wrong with being intoxicated, but becoming drunk by yourself every night is where there is a problem.

Because you like the taste, because you want to experience the effects? What's your opinion on people that refuse to drink alcohol at all? How often do you drink?
    I like the taste of cider, but mainly to get loose a little. I'm quite the shy person and I drink to relieve myself of inhibition; to kick off my party-mood; and to just blatantly have fun being a drunken ass.

I never drink alone, I drink in the company of friends or at parties.

It's fine here, to an extent. The problem is that they keep messing with prices in the hope it will stop young people drinking, but all it does is punish us legitimate buyers who now have to pay more, and move youngin's on to cheaper, just as potent alcohol.

Those are my opinions, and I am a very open-minded person for the most part. I dislike those who are close-minded and have sheltered views on the activities of others... especially when those activities have absolutely no immediate effect on them.

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I'm a raving alcoholic!

No, not really. However, I have been slightly drunk before, but that was New Years Eve so yeah. :P I am only 15, you know. >.<

nm legend

Years
  • yea i drink but... not as much as before......im responsible with it now... anyways i should be becuase wen i was 15/ 16 i woke up in a hospital for alcohol poisoning with a tube up my johnson to take all the alcohol out of my system so let that be a lesson to all you kids ...cuz i couldnt pee for like three days without a freakin terrible burning sensation......

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I drink occasionally.. but not much.
    For me, I generally hate the taste of most alcohol, but I enjoy trying something new, too. @_@ I like smirnoff ice a lot..
    @_@ But I'm a tiny, tiny person so.. that means I'm a lightweight. Half a bottle of Smirnoff Ice.. and I'm pretty buzzed. Hahaha..

My family is italian.. so drinking is sorta just part of the culture (wine at dinner, etc) and it's more about drinking for a social thing and not to get drunk or hammered. I've never been drunk or hammered but I don't have any inclination to feel that way.

Not a big deal to me, overall.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I don't see anything wrong with drinking, but I do see a problem with getting drunk.

I personally have no interest in alcohol.

Back