• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aliens...

Do you beleive in aliens?

• Yes! I've been abducted!

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Yes! There is no doubt in my mind.

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Maybe. It could be possible.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • No. It's a conspiracy.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • No. That's impossible.

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    The Big Crunch, correct.

And as I said in the God/Jesus thread, I am fully aware that it is not proven, but from what I have read up on and from what I have learned, it has the highest probability of being true.

The Big Bang was the start of everything, the pinprick on the time map, the very beginning of time. So there was nothing before the Big Bang, at all. And there are some scientists who even go so far as to suggest that this is not the first Universe; there have been several Big Bangs and Crunches. But even I find that difficult to believe.

I'm going to be that guy and say: If there was absolute nothing (which we can't even grasp) then how did the Big Bang start? Just up and by itself? Well, scientifically that's impossible.

I think the Big Bang is just a convenient theory for non religious people to cling to. No offense if you aren't religious or you believe in the theory.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    We don't need to cling onto it when people much more intelligent than ourselves have studied (and in some cases made educated guesses) that this is indeed the way in which our universe began.

Wikipedia said:
    The Big Bang is the cosmological model of the universe that is best supported by all lines of scientific evidence and observation. As used by cosmologists, the term Big Bang generally refers to the idea that the universe has expanded from a primordial hot and dense initial condition at some finite time in the past, and continues to expand to this day.

According to the Big Bang model, the universe expanded from an extremely dense and hot state and continues to expand today. A common and useful analogy explains that space itself is expanding, carrying galaxies with it, like raisins in a rising loaf of bread. General relativistic cosmologies, however, do not actually ascribe any "physicality" to space.

I will reiterate what I have been saying since I entered this debate: I am not saying that the Big Bang theory is 100% correct (incidentally, the Big Bang, if you read the above quote, may not have tecnically a Bang at all), but it is generally considered to be the most probable explanation, based on observation and scientific evidence.

Also, getting back to the issue at hand, this article was published in a newspaper today.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    And wgere was God exactly since you have all of the answers? There had to be a place where he dwelled.
    His Kingdom. He is God after all.

Aliens may exist, but not in the way we believe them to. If they did exist, they wouldn't be so technologically advanced, as their home worlds wouldn't have been around long enough to let them develop technology better than ours. Therefore, the idea that aliens have landed on Earth is impossible.

On the other hand, if their civilisations were built a million years before ours, I think their sun would've expanded/blown up and their planet would now be a floating mass of dust. Or they would've been hit by a celestial object.

Aliens as we imagine them are the work of movie producers, authors, crazy kids' imaginations and evil governments that crash planes into buildings and blow them up.

EDIT!!!! For the people who believe in God, the Big Bang is actually a theory to support the fact that God exists. The theory before the Big Bang was that the Universe was infinite in its lifespan and size and that it would never end. But the Big Bang suggests that the universe was formed from a small speck that burst. What caused this speck? GOD!

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    We don't need to cling onto it when people much more intelligent than ourselves have studied (and in some cases made educated guesses) that this is indeed the way in which our universe began.

I will reiterate what I have been saying since I entered this debate: I am not saying that the Big Bang theory is 100% correct (incidentally, the Big Bang, if you read the above quote, may not have tecnically a Bang at all), but it is generally considered to be the most probable explanation, based on observation and scientific evidence.

Also, getting back to the issue at hand, this article was published in a newspaper today.

I get what you're saying but to me it's always seemed like scientists are convinced they are correct until something better comes along. I highly doubt the last stop on the "This is what started existence" will be the Big Bang theory. It's only a matter of time until some genius says, "No. This is how it all started." and every scholar nods and says, "Yeah, that makes sense." and then we have a whole new theory that is widely regarded by certain people as the end-all of the conversation. Personally I think that science will never find a resolute answer to any of lives bigger questions, at least in this realm of thinking.

On the topic of Aliens...the subject has always creeped me out.

edit: I clicked your link and I gotta tell you that the Sun is an absolute joke.

Last edited:

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    I get what you're saying but to me it's always seemed like scientists are convinced they are correct until something better comes along. I highly doubt the last stop on the "This is what started existence" will be the Big Bang theory. It's only a matter of time until some genius says, "No. This is how it all started." and every scholar nods and says, "Yeah, that makes sense." and then we have a whole new theory that is widely regarded by certain people as the end-all of the conversation. Personally I think that science will never find a resolute answer to any of lives bigger questions, at least in this realm of thinking.

On the topic of Aliens...the subject has always creeped me out.

edit: I clicked your link and I gotta tell you that the Sun is an absolute joke.

Exactly, that's why I think the debate whether the Universe was created by a higher being or by science itself is pointless, as neither side has sufficient evidence to know for certain one way or the other.

And I agree, in some ways the Sun newspaper is quite ridiculous, but in most of the serious articles it publishes more often than not turn out to be true.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I think that aliens are definitely real. The universe, as we know, goes on forever. It isn't really possible that we are the only existing life forms in the whole entire universe. It just doesn't make any sense to me how we could be. But, they are probably too far away from us to be "spying on us" or trying to "take over our world" like they are depicted to have been wanting to do in films and stuff like that.

However, I hope that proof will be found sometime in my lifetime. I think it's interesting, and I wanna live to see the day. :|
    I couldn't agree more. Well said, Karli.

I too hope I'll get to see that day. It'd be pretty cool.

Asmo-deus

Psychomancy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I believe in aliens. I mean, it's really impossible that Earth is the only living planet on the whole universe.

Just like it's impossible to be lost and not be found. Sure, you lost your keys for 3 years, but atleast 3 years later you found it. Just like aliens are, I'm pretty sure we'll find another kind of life-forms in the solar system.

Chuchan

Cute and full of royalty
    Years
    I say maybe as it is a big possibility. Theres must be millions of galaxies out there with planets that has life on them. But I dont think they would be pale and have big heads and eyes.

Raven-NAR-32450

The Great and Powerful RAVEN
    Years
    well, with the universe being the size that it is, i don't have doubt that aliens exist, but if i just kept telling myself outright "oh yeah aliens are real, and then they'l pay us a nice little visit." i'd be betraying myself a little bit because well, there is the large part of my brain that keeps telling me we're alone in the universe, but, there is one of those remote chances

Years
    I believe they exist... but they creep me out too much for me to think of what their purpose is...

Had a phobia of them since I was little. ):

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    well,i really can't say that i believe in them.but i know that we aren't alone,because it doesn't make any sense.i mean,why should we believe that we are alone?because we doesn't see anyone doesn't mean that we are alone in the whole universe.
    i think that there are lots of planets that have life and we just don't know about.

Back