• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen All 386 Pokemon in Sapphire / Ruby? I'm confused please help!

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2004
    Right, I was sulking about what I thought was the fact that you could only get 200 or so pokemon in sapphire / ruby, and I was looking at GameFAQs about Action Replay Codes for catching wild pokemon. I was SHOCKED to find codes to catch ALL 250 OLD POKEMON!
    I first thought it was only codes for pokemon who had been set to that name or something, but after more investigation I found that you can?
    I'm really confused now. I have an action replay but do not want to use it for fear of messing my game. I have heard its linked to a new game Fire Red / Leaf Green or Colliseum, but since I live in the UK we do not have Fire Red or Leaf Green, and I don't have a gamecube.

Can somebody tell me, once and for all, if you can get the original pokemon, and if so, HOW? I have a big list of AR codes I am bursting to use...

Another thing, do I need a National Dex or something????

Please if this question has been answered then sorry, I was too lazy to trawl through zillions of Message Board pages looking for it.

Please DONT Flame me too much... unless I deserve it :classic:

Forgot this, do they have the same moves as whatever you transfer them from, or do those games have new moves not in Sapphire / Ruby?

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • fire red/leaf green technically isn't out yet, so it's normal that you do not have it ;p However, we plan everything in advance as if we have it just to be ready for it when it comes out.

Ruby and Sapphire have 386 Pokemon in total, but you can only catch 202 of them. The others all rely on trading. However, the Pokemon data is in there. Via cheats or trade, you can get access to it.

As for the moves, SOME Pokemon learn one new move in FRLG in comparison to RS, or a few completely new moves. For example, Dewgong at lvl 1 can learn signal beam in FRLG. Nidoking can learn megahorn in FRLG as well, but not in RS. So you'll have to rely on some careful planning of trading it back and forth to get all the moves, or ask the move tutor to learn those lost moves.

Thanks for editing double posting ^_^ (extremely rare! *admiration point for comwiz72 + 5*) You can use the search function to help you browse through the forum for answers to specific questions, and have fun in Pokemon Community!

katty

what's^?
    Years
  • yeah, the data is in there, even deoxys(since you can shark it..)
    side note:i've herd rumors of getting deoxys, the most believable one would be the mossdeep space center xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    I doubt it though. 100 Space Launches? That's 1 for each week you've played so that's 2 years. I'm not gonna bother. I can get 100 Deoxys in 10 minutes with my AR.

juno_dos

Owner of all Legends.
    Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Jul 14, 2004
    Ive heard you could get all 386 pokemon when you complete your Pokedex by 200.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Ways I know how to get Pokemon for R/S

First 200 - catch them from Ruby and Sapphire.
    Jirachi - Use the bonus disk from Colliseum, or download it from Pokemon Channel
    Deoxys - Who knows?
    Espeon, Umbreon, Makuhita, Bayleef, Quilava, Croconaw, Furret, Misdreavus, Noctowl, Flaafy, Skiploom, Quagsire, Slugma, Yanma, Remoraid, Mantine, Qwilfish, Medidite, Dunsparce, Swablu, Sudowoodo, Plusle, Hitmontop, Entei, Ledian, Suicune, Gligar, Stantler, Piloswine, Sneasel, Aipom, Murkrow, Forretress, Ariados, Granbull, Vibrava, Raikou, Delibird, Sunflora, Heracross, Skarmory, Miltank, Absol, Houndoom, Tropius, Metagross, Tyranitar, Smeargle, Ursaring, Shuckle, Togetic, Ho-oh - Pokemon Colliseum
    The Original 150 - catch them in Leaf Green and Fire Red....

Which leaves out a grand total of 4 types of Pokemon - being Lugia, Unown, Octillery and Celebi. Maybe 5 if you count Mew. Note that I've included all baby, pre-evolved and fully evolved versions in this list, extrapolating from those obtainable from Colliseum. There may be more that are unobtainable, Scizor, Porygon2 and Steelix being the most notable (assuming the items are obtainable for the trade evolution, they may be there...)

Please, correct me if I'm wrong, and feel free to comment on things I might have missed.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Doh, I forgot Remoraid evolves to Octillery. Anyway, that just leaves Mew and Celebi out of the picture now... I know Jap Colliseum players got Celebi instead of Jirachi on their bonus disk, how do we get one? And what about that Mew, are they wild and catchable? I'd have a feeling they'd end up like Latias/Latios and the rare dogs, maybe the same with Celebi if at all possible... who knows though?

E. Master

Ho-oh Master
    Years
  • The way that I got my National Dex was with codes (I use cheats for EVERYTHING) And I have some old pokemon on it. :cross-eye

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Yeah, I know some people like to cheat, I prefer to stay nice and legal, like a lot of trainers. I'm just trying to give those people the ways to get them that I know. Anyone can cheat, doing it without cheating makes it worthwhile...

... but anyway, back on topic. Since Celebi is possible to get in Japan, is it possible to trade between Jap R/S and US/UK copies of R/S?

Taeki

Furry Gerbil
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 14, 2005
    You cannot trade with Japannese version. It says error communicating.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Most of the Johto pokemon, if not all, are obtainable through Pokemon Colosseum (see the earlier list for the specific ones). Some have been added to the Hoenn region (Skarmory for example), and a few are obtainable from Kanto pokemon by trading with certain items (such as Steelix by Onix holding the Metal Coat). By breeding those from Colosseum, or evolving them, you can get the Johto Pokemon

Linksocc

Alakazam Trainer
    Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 28, 2004
    I think you can get every single pokemon except for mew and celebi by having FR/LG/R/S/Colosseum(and bonus Disk).

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Just those two, that seems a bit odd... besides I can get a Steelix anyway, the Metagross you catch on Colosseum has a Metal Coat, so I'll keep hold of that for trading an Onix when I get FR or LG. And Crobat evolves from Friendship with Golbat, so I think you're talking out of your behind with this one...

Abusoru

Absol-ute Fan
    Years
    • Age 54
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    Poke'gangster said:
    You can catch Deoxys by
    1. Scanning an E-reader card in your E-reader from the 7th Pokemon movie
    2.trade
    3.cheats
    4.go to mystery island in FR and LG catch Deoxys and then trade to Ruby and Saphire.
    5? Can you catch Johto Pokemon in FR and LG?

An eReader from the 7th movie? Is this another rumor/lie? Can anyone confirm this?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • I don't think so... or get the aurora ticket through the movie to get it, but all legal ways involve the aurora ticket just like the eon ticket...

You can get crobat just through happiness without the dex.

By the time you can get an onix for steelix, you should have a national dex (I'm no familiar with Col, but if Col has a onix for you to get, then you'll need the national dex from FRLG to evolve it).

Back