• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All-Fire Team! Anyone else considered it?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Hey guys!

This gen, there are a bunch of incredible Fire type Pokemon available early in the game. Now that my first run of the game is finished, I purchased Pokemon Y on the eShop this morning, and I think I'm going to do an all-fire team this time!

Of course, the only way to do this successfully is to make sure that they are all dual-types, and the team must be very diverse in their secondary typings. Charizard and Talonflame are ok because Mega Charizard X (I'm trading over Charizardite X from my original game) makes Charizard a Dragon type, rather than another Fire-Flying.

Fennekin
    Charmander
    Torchic
    Fletchling
    Litwick
    Houndour

I would use Litleo but the normal type just isn't great other than immunity to ghost since Normal moves are not super effective against anything.

What do you think of my team? Would you ever do a monotype run of the game?

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
  • I think it doesn't matter whether you have Litleo or Houndour/Litwick considering that ghost and dark are super effective against the same things.
    A normal type is also n ice when you have to counter things you don't have weaknesses of.
    Anyway all in all this sounds like a fun playthrough so; have fun! : )

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    I think it doesn't matter whether you have Litleo or Houndour/Litwick considering that ghost and dark are super effective against the same things.
    A normal type is also n ice when you have to counter things you don't have weaknesses of.
    Anyway all in all this sounds like a fun playthrough so; have fun! : )

That's true! Maybe I should swap out Houndour for Litleo, then. It's also pretty easy to train Pokemon in X/Y so I could have both. I've never had Pokemon so high level in any other Pokemon game haha.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
  • That's true! Maybe I should swap out Houndour for Litleo, then. It's also pretty easy to train Pokemon in X/Y so I could have both. I've never had Pokemon so high level in any other Pokemon game haha.

That's true : )
    But the NPCs seem to get higher lvl Pokémon much sooner as well. I haven't finished the game yet but the trainers around the 8th gym seem to be higher lvl than previous games victory road trainer and partly even the actual elite 4. @.@

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    That's true : )
    But the NPCs seem to get higher lvl Pokémon much sooner as well. I haven't finished the game yet but the trainers around the 8th gym seem to be higher lvl than previous games victory road trainer and partly even the actual elite 4. @.@

Yep much higher. By 2nd gym my Pokemon were level 30! lol

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I did at one point have 4 fire Pokemon on my team: Blaziken, Charizard, Talonflame and Houndoom

The trainers seem to level up faster but the wild Pokemon don't. :(

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • I did this in White 2 at one point. It's fun, certainly at first anyway. I find it did get a little boring without the veriety

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    If it was me, I would probably make an all Dragon team, I think that would be sweet! I'd use Salamence, Dragonite, Goodra, Dragalge, Noivern, and Garchomp. Maybe a bit OP but oh well, it would be fun!

Years
  • Nope, I don't really like Fire-types... besides, I prefer to have a team without any repeated types, and Pokemon that are double types. So basically I'll have 12 types in each team.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Monotype play throughs aren't that uncommon and charzard/blaziken would make things too easy. I'm going to do a playthrough soon using only gen 6 pokes myself.

I'm not sure this warrants it's own thread

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Nope, I don't really like Fire-types... besides, I prefer to have a team without any repeated types, and Pokemon that are double types. So basically I'll have 12 types in each team.

I do, too, but I was considering this just as more of a challenge.

Monotype play throughs aren't that uncommon and charzard/blaziken would make things too easy. I'm going to do a playthrough soon using only gen 6 pokes myself.

I'm not sure this warrants it's own thread

I'm speaking specifically about the abundance of fire types available this gen that have never been so common.

If you don't think this warrants its own thread, that's funny because you felt like it warranted a reply.

HUF_DBC

I always end up to doing a fire team run on my games (not intentionally it just happens). I like it though it makes the game more challenging.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    If it was me, I would probably make an all Dragon team, I think that would be sweet! I'd use Salamence, Dragonite, Goodra, Dragalge, Noivern, and Garchomp. Maybe a bit OP but oh well, it would be fun!

I did have an almost all-Dragon team, but I keep feeling guilty for abandoning my original team which lead me to my first victories. Currently the team stands at: Dragonair, Kingdra, Charizard (Dragon as Mega X), Lapras, Tyrantrum, and Pikachu.

I've kept Pikachu because I have trouble removing the guy (gal, I guess) from my team, and I refuse to level Dragonair because she's my favorite and Dragonite is awful. So it's more about favorites/visuals to me than stats or performance. I have considered returning Tyrantrum to the box and bringing back Pidgeot, who was the first Pokémon I caught, but I do have an appreciation for royalty, and Tyrantrum actually has a decent design (I detest most of the newer dragons).

Monotype teams are so vulnerable, though. Especially as a water/fairy will demolish my team -- Pikachu's pretty much my only hope.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I may consider doing a fire team sometime in the future. I love making those very challenging type runs (in my first type challenge I'll do a normal type challenge).

In a way, I'll do that challenge, I'll just have to find 6 Fire Pokemon I know I will like and actually use (since Charmander, Fennekin, Torchic and Houndour are Pokemon I don't like much and will not bother to train or raise).

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Personally, Dragonite is my favourite dragon,lol. I think it's because Dratini was my first dragon poke when I played my first pokemon game, FireRed. For some reason Goodra reminds me of Dragonite and I'm really trying to get/trade for a Gooey ability one.

Bladewing

Swords for feathers since '98!
    Years
  • Yeah, as soon as I heard about the Pyroar and the 1st gen starters, I was pretty set on a monotype for whenever I got another copy of the game, or if (heaven forbid!) it allowed multiple save files.

Nicholas4231996

Nicholas_Falcons19
    Years
  • Actually i finished my first play through Dephlox, Blaziken, Charizard, Talonflame Lucario, and Lapras and ddidn't lose until after the Pokemon League. It was pretty hard actually

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Two-thirds of my starting team are fire...half are part flying (with two of those 3 being part bug)...and one grass...
    However I switch pokemon in and out most of the time. However I do usually find a great deal being mostly psychic, fire, or grass...

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
    Years
  • For quite some time, 3 out of six of my party were Fire-types. Fennekin/Braixen/Delpfox, Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard, and Torchic/Combuskion/Blaziken.

Back