• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[All Gen] Favorite Gym Leader

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
  • Everyone has their favorite Gym Leader. Who's your top five?

Blue was my all time favorite. Even though he was away from the gym all the time I would say that he's an accomplished trainer and I admire him for that. To be a young trainer turned to champion turned to a Gym Leader is an amazing feat imo

My Top Five is:
    1) Blue - reason mentioned above
    2) Volkner - reason mentioned below
    3) Chuck - cmon the man lifts boulders like a boss
    4) Cheren - I like his style and that pose was a killer lol *tap* *tap* *tap*
    5) Iris - also has an amazing feat! Gym Leader turned to Champion

Last edited:

ZoruaAndAbsol

Master of Illusions
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2022
    Hmmmm...this is a tough question. I'd probably have to say Blue (Green if your into Japanese names) was my favorite. I also liked Giovanni because I always liked the evil side of shows.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • Same here. Blue or also known as Green is really a tough gym leader...i like the way he battle in Pokemon Crystal...but sadly, we can't rebattle him...luckily, they made a remake for Crystal that is HG/SS which allow us to rebattle all the Gym Leaders...it would be really great if Red was a gym leader...

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Forgot to mention Volkner as the runner up.. I like his character since his passion is really to battle and because of boredom he even thought of challenging the pokemon league.

Years
  • My ultimate favourite is Blaine, he uses my favourite type and I like how he utilises more under-appreciated Fire types like Magmar :) I also like his personality (the riddles are awesome!) and the fact that in Johto when his Gym burns down he excavates the cave to make a Gym there, now that's dedication haha :)

(Just for fun if I was doing a top 10 I'd probably have Blaine, Winona, Burgh, Chuck, Lenora, Crasher Wake, Viola, Grant, Byron and Brycen) :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In my top five, the person who's standing above all would, for now, have to be Winona. Why do I like her? It's mostly because of her design. To me, it looks quite simplistic, and color-scheme of her outfit, which would be blue, purple, and white, matches her type-specialty quite perfectly. As soon as you see her, you could immediately tell that she's a flying-type Gym Leader. When it comes to battling, she isn't that tough, either. Well, she is a little bit, but not enough to make you super-frustrated, which I like.

Second in my list would be Giovanni. This guy's boss of Team Rocket, and alongside, he also leads the last and final gym of Kanto League. That, if you ask me, makes him a very important person. Although he does things with Team Rocket at beginning of FireRed and LeafGreen for his own, personal gain, he eventually accepts his defeat maturely once you take him down, and does nothing else to interfere with anybody in any negative form of way.

Third is Flannery, fourth would be Norman, and as for fifth, I'd say Blue.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    in no particular order

- Erika
    - Sabrina
    - Jasmine
    - Juan
    - Valerie

They all have personalities that I really enjoy along with design. The stories that surround them in the games also help build their character. It's very hard to explain why I like them all individually, but something about each one is so enjoyable to me. I also have to add that the types they represent can be mysterious, calm, or just odd in a way with the exception of Juan.

Years
  • As far as generations go, I'd rank them:
    V > I > II > III > VI > IV

My favorites:
    1) Sabrina
    2) Elisa
    3) Wallace
    4) Burgh
    5) Whitney
    6) Flannery

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
    Years
  • I absolutely like Burgh. Solely because of his appearance in the tv series.

He's the funniest thing I've ever seen.

1. Burgh
    2. Misty
    3. Volkner
    4. Elesa
    5. Valerie

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I'm not sure really, I'd have to think about it a bit more, but the first name that came to mind was Wulfric. He's quite an easy gym leader, especially so if you're using Mega Lucario, aside from being easy to beat, everything about him is pretty awesome. He looks like a badass, he cares for abandoned pokemon, his gym's design is awesome, his badge design is awesome and he gives you the TM for Ice Beam. Pretty much ticks every box.

Years
  • Favorite gym leader? Giovanni, mainly because of the build-up you get before you fight him; having to battle the big boss of Team Rocket and his lackies several times before the game, putting a stop to all their crimes in the Gen 1 games, ending with one final match for your last badge is absolutely great.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • I find when it comes to my favorite Gym Leaders, I find it is tough for me to just list my top five. So instead, I will list all of my favorites. Here are my favorite gym leaders:
    Brock
    Misty
    Lt. Surge
    Koga
    Janine
    Sabrina
    Blaine
    Giovanni
    Blue
    Falkner
    Morty
    Chuck
    Jasmine
    Pryce
    Clair
    Roxanne
    Wattson
    Flannery
    Norman
    Winona
    Tate and Lisa
    Wallace
    Roark
    Maylene
    Crasher Wake
    Fantina
    Byron
    Candice
    Volkner
    Cress
    Elesa
    Clay
    Skyla
    Brycen
    Drayden
    Roxie
    Marlon
    Grant
    Korrina
    Clemont
    Olympia
    Wulfric

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2014
    I like Blaine, because he was one of the few trainers that utilized Magmar. Everybody else used an evolution-fire type. He made Magmar badass

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • Gen 1: Lt.Surge- THE LIGHTNING AMERICAN, Koga, Sabrina, Blaine, Giovanni
    Gen 2: Jasmine, Chuck, Clair
    Gen 3: Roxanne, Watson, Flannery, Winona
    Gen 4: Maylene
    Gen 5: Elesa, Drayden, Roxie
    Gen 6: Viola, Valerie

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • My favourite by far would have to be Clair. Hands down.

She uses Dragon types, which I'm really fond of because of their multitude of resistances and raw power. Not to mention she has decent Pokemon that she can take advantage of. Because of that, she was the hardest gym leader I'd faced by far. She also boasts a great design. Not to mention her gym looked the coolest in the HGSS era.

pkmin3033

My favourite is Jasmine. She has a beautifully simple design, and I guess I find her more appealing for that - in amongst these characters with very defining features and flashy costumes is this one girl in a nice, plain white summer dress, her hair in a not-too-ridiculous style, and (in the anime at least) a Magnemite on her shoulder.

And what does this girl use? Steelix. Awesome.

Back