• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

....all of these controllers?!?

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Ok, so I just got a Wii U and grabbed A Link to the Past for 150 coins on Club Nintendo. Ok so I set up the entire Wii U and I want to download the game first before I get into any of my Wii U games.

So it turns out I need a Wii remote to even get into the old Wii menu. Fine I was going to get one eventually anyway. I go a buy a used Wii Motion Plus controller and a nunchuck. Get into the Wii menu and download the game and go to play and it says I need a Wii classic controller to play the game.

...what?

Is there really no other way for me to play this game? I have a perfectly good Wii U gamepad sitting right next to me with all of the same buttons as that thing.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is: Is there really no other way to play these "Classic Controller games" from the old Wii shop other than buying a classic controller??

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
Wii Mode on the Wii U pretty much just makes the Wii U literally boot into a Wii. So no Gamepad support on Classic Controller games. And since the Wii U doesn't have GC ports, you can't use a Gamecube controller either.

It's really half-assed, especially after the last update when they allowed you to play Wii games on the Gamepad itself...but you still have to use a Wiimote and can't use the Gamepad buttons.

At least the Classic Controller Pro is really nice and if you plan on playing games like Xenoblade/The Last Story/Mario Kart/Smash, it's the best option. And $20.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Yeah, I'll probably end up just getting that.

Xenoblade and The Last Story are very high up on my list! My local game store had a buy one get one free sale on Wii games (on the day I bought my Wii U...serious luck there! XD) And they had a copy of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and a copy of Xenoblade and both were $64.99...but they said Xenoblade wasn't part of the sale cause the owner had went to Gamestop and actually paid cash for them so they could have a few copies in the store. But they had two copies of Radiant Dawn so I got one copy free and I'm sellling it on eBay to get my copy of Xenoblade. So essentially I'm getting a copy of both games for $33 or so each (which is pretty good I think). I also got Galaxy and Super Paper Mario for about $8 each thanks to the sale. lol

I figured I buy The Last Story later since the pricing seems to be pretty stable at $30 for a new copy. I should have some time before it becomes hard to find.

Back