• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] All Status moves not working

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    (I use Essentials V17.2)

I'm having this weird glitch in my game, at first, I thought it was just related to lowering/increasing status moves because basically buffs and debuffs wouldn't work
    The pokemon would used the move, but they don't change anything and also there's no error message so I can't look in the script
    all stat lowering and increasing moves. Like, if I use swords dance, the pokemon use the move, but the stats themselves don't increase.

Pokemon used Swords Dance, but the animation of stats don't appear and they don't increase.
    But the animations are still in the game's files since I used intimidate on two opponents, one with contrary and one without.

Which meant that status moves weren't working, but abilities were.

Then, with further testing, I managed to confirm that no status moves were working at all as even protect and other related moves didn't work as well.

Basically none are working for both player's and opposition's Pokemons. All of them.

an example

All Status moves not working

growl didn't trigger the lowering attack and tail whip didn't trigger the lowering defense, but Speedboost, an ability not a move, triggered the speed increase
    basically any non damaging move, the Status moves, do not work at all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    When working with versions as outdated as this, you're unfortunately most likely going to have to figure it out on your own. Anyone who's competent enough to help you will most likely have already moved on to something more recent. I dont even remember what v17.2 code looks like lol.

With that said, if youre getting no errors but no effect is happening, then it simply sounds like something is returning false when it shouldn't be in regards to status moves. I know thats not much help, but
    You must have edited SOMETHING in regards to move usage, or success checks or the attack phase, or something of that nature. Your game is clearly heavily edited based on the screenshots, im sure in more ways than just graphically.

Back