• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Allergies

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I have an awkward allergy list developing.

• Dogs.
    • Milk.
    • Chap stick. At least, most of them.. I have yet to pin down the exact ingredient that I react to, so I just use vaseline.
    • And finally, the sun.

The whole chap stick thing sucks. All I wanted was some berry flavored lip balm, and I woke up the next day with an inflamed and swollen face. Well, at least it was around my mouth. Still. Grossgrossgross.

I've recently learned that I'm not lactose intolerant - I'm allergic to the protein in milk, not intolerant of its sugar. Apparently it's very easy to mix up the two because they have very similar symptoms, but my tip-off was that Lactaid milk and tablets do nothing for me. Also chocolate even makes me sick, 'cause I can have vanilla soy milk but chocolate soy milk gives the same symptoms that drinking milk does. I still eat ice cream and chocolate cookies infrequently, though. Just can't help myself. ;~;

And the sun hates me. I burn in a matter of minutes, and within a half hour to an hour I've got a really pretty rash and hives going on. Ick. And then people tease me for wearing hoodies and jeans in the summer. Shut up. Sunblock is expensive, I'd rather just cover up my skin for the 5-10 minutes I will be outside of the A/C in your car and every store we hit. Man, winter cannot get here fast enough.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • I'm allergic to prawns...but i still eat them sometimes if i got forced to eat em'.. My throat will become uneasy if i eat them..err~ i need to peel all its scales before i eat em'...

Yukari

1. Cat's and Dogs (Even though I still have a Cat.)
    2. At least half of every kind of indoor and outdoor mold.
    3. Dust Mites
    4. Cockroaches
    5. Johnson Grass (This makes Kentucky an annoying place to live since it's everywhere.)
    6. Poison Ivy (This really bothered me as a child)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand that's all that I can think of now.

Years
  • I'm allergic to Lupin and it causes a rash which covers my face entirely and makes my skin feel like sandpaper while swelling my throat causing breathing to be difficult. Also shrimp.

Years
  • I don't have any serious allergies, but I do have pollen allergies, I take medication for that in the spring time! Guess I just lucked out.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm allergic to everything that grows outside, or so my doctor once it phrased it that way.

Flowers, dust, pollen, some weeds, peanuts, soy, some fruits, a lot of vegetables, and certain stronger spices.
    :/

At least with the fruits and vegetables I can work around them, and eat them if they're cooked.

Also I'm allergic to cats and dogs to an extent.

Years
  • Whole family has a general allergic reaction to pollen during the spring/summer time. I have reactions to wearing fake earrings where my ears will start bleeding...Otherwise, I don't think I have any life threatening allergies.

Years
  • No serious allergies for me, but I'm extremely intolerant to the smell of Vegemite. It kinda makes me want to vomit, and yeah it's ironic that I'm Australian (fyi it's populat with Australians) and just cannot stand it.

Oh, and I do suffer from occasional sneezing and hayfever a lot during certain seasons. It doesn't really get to the point that I would need allergy pills, yet my brother takes them when he gets hayfever.

There was even occasions where I couldn't tolerate the smell of peanuts. Yeah... so most of my cases aren't real allergies, just minor intolerances. The closest I ever have to an allergy is the hayfever.

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
  • I'm allergic to:
    • Elm trees
    • Oak Trees
    • Maple Trees
    • Dogs
    • Cats
    • Dust
    • The cold
    No really, I break out into hives when exposed to cold. I suffer from Cold Urticaria, and can go into shock in die when exposed to the cold for too long (HOURS).

Never known anybody who had the same allergy as me. Most people tell me I'm making it up when I told them I'm allergic to the cold but especially the wind.

That's the only thing I'm allergic to and it sucks because I walk to most places and it acts up a lot lately.

Sirfetch’d

I'm extremely allergic to specific types of grass. My allergies have been really irritating as of late as they always are this time of year =[ I've been taking several different allergy medications but nothing seems to be helping. Hopefully things improve as it makes it hard to sleep at night with a dry throat, watery eyes, and a stuffy nose.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I'm allergic to grass pollen, for which I have sneezing fits and my nose consistantly runs. Another one which I had found was that I'm allergic to some plaster adhesives, as my skin goes red and it blisters all over.

Back