• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Allow Me to Introduce Myself...

Years
  • Hello all, I am DodoScott, a username, which I picked when I was young... It kinda stuck with me, so I still use it. But, I digress. I am no spring chicken for when it comes to Pokemon. I have been playing since I was about 4 years old, I never was too good at it, but now, I am fairly competent, or at least enough to know that a team of Magikarp is not a good idea. As you can tell by my avatar, I love Omastar. You may want to know why, so here is a story: One long, summer day, I found my way past Mount Moon. I see two fossils on the ground the Dome, and Helix. Me being young and thinking Helix sounded cooler, I picked it. Weeks passed, and I couldn't figure out what to do with it. I eventually went to Cinnabar, and got it turned into the awesome Omanyte. Me thinking it was cute, I named it Omny, and used it in my team, he helped me in many battles, and by the the time he was an Omastar, he was an amazing tank, and helped me beat the Elite 4. I have used Omastar in every team (that I can) up until this point. Story over. To move off of that, I am a writer of Pokemon, and non-related stories, and fan fiction. A bit of which for money, the most for fun. Sorry for the long post, but I could write for hours.

Regards, 'Dodo' Scott C. (Note: Dodo is as in 'Dodo Bird'. I now have to say this...)

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Oh wow! You've been playing since 4? Awesome! Welcome to PC DodoScott! Your avatar's really amusing btw.

Hahahaha you're pretty funny. That was an interesting story. We all have fun Pokemon stories it seems. My first game was Red and it's wait made me addicted to Pokemon as well. Still am at 21 years old today. I remember when I first played Pokemon I was confused too. I can't remember anything funny like that, but I sure do have a lot of memories of playing Pokemon for the first time.We all seem to have a story about how our favorite Pokemon became our favorite too. My favorite is Treecko, the grass starter of Hoenn. My story is simpler , but basically when I learned what the generation 3 starters for RS looked like I pretty much fell in love with Treecko. I simply loved it's design and thought it was "badass'. After using it as my starter in Emerald, I then notice how strong it is two and that it's evolutions, Grovyle and Sceptile are really fast and cool looking too. And it's been my favorite ever since. It seems we all have a favorite Pokemon or favorite aspect of Pokemon. May I suggest Pokemon Clubs for you? While you can't really make a club just for Omastar , there are clubs for other Pokemon related things, such as a Water Type club. Club are a great way to get to know other members.

You write fan-fictions huh? I personally have been trying to get a Pokemon story together, it's been something I've been planning for years. I've just haven't gotten around to writing it yet. It still needs lot of work. Though you yourself can go to Fan Fiction and Writing and post your own stories. You post every type of story there from Pokemon ones, to fan fictions about other series, and anything else, even poetry. The regulars there are rather helpful too and will be willing to give tips on making your stories the best. In fact alot of members on PC are really nice, especially moderators and other staff. They can help you with all questions you may have.

Ok, well, I hope you enjoy yourself here and that you have fun. See you around!

Years
  • Hi Dodo, and welcome!

Playing Pokemon since 4 years of age? That's pretty young. I was only 11 when I first played a Pokemon game, but I was 7 when I started my love of Pokemon. Now I'm 20 and I still never want to let go of the franchise. My fave Pokemon is Oshawott, which most of my alternate nicknames are based on. Loved that little otter ever since the revelation of the 5th Generation starters. I feel surprised Omastar rarely gets any fans but we do have a Water-type club over in Pokemon Clubs you can join, like what AWsquared stated. He also recommended Fan Fiction & Writing for you since you're also a writer.

Everyone here at PC is friendly and helpful, not just the staff members but some of the regulars you see around as well! Also, reading the rules is important so you ensure you don't get into trouble. If you ever need a new friend, I'm always happy to talk with cuz hey, we both love a certain Water-type Pokemon. Have fun and I'll see ya around PC!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
  • Hey there Scott! It's a pleasure to meet you indeed and welcome to PC. :~D

I'm really glad to see you wrote such a thought-out introduction and included that bit on your favorite Pokemon. I feel like I know you pretty well now just from that paragraph alone! I'm also agreeing that Helix sounds way cooler than Dome and I always pick the Helix fossil whenever I play through the games. Kabutops wasn't exactly the best in the early generations either since the physical/special split hadn't occured yet.. so Omastar was always pretty awesome. I'd say it's my favorite of the fossil Pokemon next to Rampardos. I'll forever remember you as the Omastar guy from now on!

A lot of us here have been into Pokemon since the very early days.. personally I've been addicted since I was 8, which was fourteen years ago now. Time sure flies when you're having fun, hehe. :) It's also great to see fans who delve into fandom-related community projects like writing and artwork, and as AWsquared said you're probably going to enjoy yourself in the Fan Fiction & Writing board! That's the place to share your stories, Pokemon-related or not. I'm a writer myself but am guilty of not having posted any stories around the community yet, though it's mostly because I'm a little shy with my work. Once I improve it a bit I'll be sure to make a thread in our writing board! Be sure to share some of your work if you like, too; it's an awesome way to get feedback.

Since you've been playing for so long I'm assuming you've tried most of the Pokemon games that are out? Well, I'm guessing you've tried most of the main story ones, in which case you should post around our Pokemon gaming boards. There's lots of 'em and they're all very active so they're awesome places to be. You can also delve into the Pokemon Anime board, Pokemon TCG, Pokemon General, Pokemon Trivia, and all of our other amazing boards. We've got a lot of members here so there's always something new popping up every day - you should stick around as an active member to involve yourself in this awesome forum. :D

Have fun and see you around! Don't forget to read the rules, yeah?

Back