• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alola Forms

blue

gucci
    Years
    That thing does not deserve to share the same typing as Primal Groudon. It's kinda hard to say what Alolan Diglett and Dugtrio will turn into just based on the appearance. I'm thinking maybe Rock/Ground?

Years
    That thing does not deserve to share the same typing as Primal Groudon. It's kinda hard to say what Alolan Diglett and Dugtrio will turn into just based on the appearance. I'm thinking maybe Rock/Ground?

Not just Groudon's Primal, but the Numel line as well.

I do think Alola Diglett and Dugtrio will keep their Ground typing, but Rock/Ground is what I consider a very bad typing since they already have awful defenses and HP and adding more weaknesses would be terrible.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Here's an interesting piece of info I found in regards to where the idea of Alola forms come from:

"We do always listen to our fans and their hopes and what they have to say about the game because it's really important. but if we just take their ideas and bung them into the game then that's not going to be very surprising for players, because they'll have already thought of those ideas. What we really try and do is listen to those ideas, but then take that and think, 'How can we use this to surprise players? How can we give them something new that they perhaps haven't thought of?' This time around, as an example, we've got the Alola forms. A lot of these are Pokémon from the Kanto region that people are really familiar with, but now we get to see this new form, these new evolutions, and by doing this we're able to provide them with a surprise that they never even thought was possible." — Junichi Masuda

https://www.gamnesia.com/news/game-...-pokemon-fans-feedback-and-improve-on-the-ide

It turns out Alola forms originally came from the idea of fans, but they changed things in order to surprise them.

Back