• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alone, or with Others?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • Do you prefer video games where you would only play alone, or, do you prefer video game son where you can play with your friends, but, the game itself probably isn't very fun to play alone.

Why? Why do you prefer one over the other?

Years
  • So it's basically single-player vs multi-player.

I prefer playing alone, because when others get impatient I get impatient as well, which isn't my typical personality. However there isn't much of a big difference, because I think playing multiplayer is much more fun. Games like Portal 2 do really well with this, though, as both single-player and multi-player are fun as hell to play.

TY

I prefer playing multiplayer/co-op, since i everything is more fun with friends.
    Of course it can go the other way, but the game gets less boring if you have friends to talk to or just to do stuff you normally wouldnt do alone.

Years
  • Playing with others for me. When I'm with my friends, It's not such a serious, so to speak, atmosphere. When I'm playing with friends, we laugh a lot, and the gameplay is a lot more relaxed which generally allows for better performance in my experience. I like being social when I play, keeps me more interested in the game and a lot of my friends I play with have ideas which inspire me to do certain things and to take certain actions.

Years
  • That's a tough question. However, I think I find playing games with other people is a lot more fun than playing by yourself. Playing with friends just results in mass chaos, which is generally a lot of fun. Especially Wii Party.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I play alone, since no one in my family likes the games I play (mostly Pokemon and Sim City 4) - and the games my younger brothers play I don't like either (1st person shooting games - hate them).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • When it comes to multi-player games, I feel that I should play with others, whether it'd be online or with people around me. I feel like a dumdum when I'm hopping on random servers hoping to play with others. /foreveralone

But on other games, I want to play the storyline by myself before I jump in a group...all because I just want to be familiar with it.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I prefer playing the majority of games offline, on my own. The only games I play online are fantasy MMOs.

I'm too impatient to play with others :(

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • I, personally, prefer games on where you can play with others, like Super Smash Brothers, or the Mario Party games. I dunno, playing with other people.. makes it more fun than a game on where you'd play alone, in my opinion! All the laughs, and jokes from the others just adds to the pleasure!

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
  • If it's an FPS, never solo. I get bored so easily, and I end up ragequitting after about 10 minutes. I love having a laugh with a few friends, so <3 I do play games that are solo, just not as much.

Also, my family loves gaming, so I've grown used to playing co-ops or party games :]

Years
  • A majority of my gaming is done in single-player, but that's moreso because of the type of games that I play, rather than having a preference for one over the other. In fact, I do like playing a lot of multiplayer games, but I've mostly backed away from online gaming (especially sports games), since some people get way too competitive, and it really kills the fun of just playing for entertainment.

Years
  • As a predominately RPG gamer, I play alone. In fact, multiplayer tends to drive me completely nuts online. I'm okay with a little splitscreen now and then though.

Which is not to say that I myself am alone while gaming. I like an audience to my single-player antics. Partly to stroke my wonderful ego, and partly for the same reason I like watching movies with others.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I mainly play MMO games now. I love the interaction and just having things like team speak to use while you play has made me become really addicted to it.

When I play alone I get bored really fast on a lot of games. I end up playing a lot of RPG games, outside of an RPG I really get bored fast being only able to play an hour or less. Not like I used to and be able to play all day. Guess as I got older my gaming style changed.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I prefer playing with friends because we can help each other out and cover each other, enriching the gameplay experience. I'm awful on my own, that and I run from all the scary looking enemies/areas when playing alone. :(

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • Hands down, I prefer playing alone. I sound like a weirdo, but I zone out a lot while I'm playing video games with my friends. RPGs are my main genre, so I usually immerse myself in the storyline and the whole game world. Also, my friends are generally better than me at most multiplayer games as they've played it more. Like COD or any FPS games, for instance.

Years
  • I play alone, 'nuff said. My brother never wants to join in any games I play hence why I mainly play games meant for one player.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • I prefer playing with friends because it's way more fun and I have lots of laughs while playing with friends, especially true with games like New Super Mario Bros and Smash Bros.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It depends on the game, really. Games such as Call of Duty, Minecraft, Super Smash Bros, and Battlefield, are more fun when you're in multi-player mode with a group of friends, in my opinion. Other games (Dead Space and Assassin's Creed, for example) are more enjoyable if you play it alone in single-player.

Last edited:
    Back