• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    After updating from version 4.0 to 4.1b, TM 41 is Seismic Toss, rather than Shadow Punch. However, in the menu, it still has Shadow Punch's description. " (s) Draws the foe in to strike without fail."

I did test it though, and it teaches Seismic Toss.

Edit - Fixed it. I originally tried patching over the version I had already patched; that seems to have been what caused the problem. Patching over a fresh Emerald and using that instead has everything working right. So nevermind, that's just my own dumbness.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Ran into a pretty significant bug. I was in the Pa'I place, and my Ditto used imposter to turn into Solrock. Then, however, it said that the Solrock's illusion fell, and the game froze. When I restarted, my save file was back at the Slateport battle tent, all of my items were gone, and my pokedex was empty.

The missing items are specifically from my Items bag, I seem to still have all of my tms, berries, and key items. Seeing new pokemon adds their entries to my pokedex, but even if I own them, the entry is still blank. Even my party pokemon aren't in the pokedex.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Nice to see you back man, came a long way since the early days when this was known as Emerald 2, looking forward to the final version eventually (even though I kinda ruined your dream vision with the original starter choices some years ago lol)

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2021
    My Weezing just leveled up and learned Weird Steam, but it has 0/0 PP. Is this a known bug?

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
    Years
  • My Weezing just leveled up and learned Weird Steam, but it has 0/0 PP. Is this a known bug?

It is now! I've fixed it in the current patch. Now has 15pp.

Patch 4.1e is out, here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17xgxS1bpMN9QvK9giu3cm2BOrHeJg7yW/view?usp=sharing

It fixes a bunch of bugs like text errors etc, lets you venture to Gauntlet Island sooner, improves the method of obtaining a second bike, and adds fishing data to a couple of locations where that was missing. Full patch notes, as usual, are included in the rom

Ran into a pretty significant bug. I was in the Pa'I place, and my Ditto used imposter to turn into Solrock. Then, however, it said that the Solrock's illusion fell, and the game froze. When I restarted, my save file was back at the Slateport battle tent, all of my items were gone, and my pokedex was empty.

The missing items are specifically from my Items bag, I seem to still have all of my tms, berries, and key items. Seeing new pokemon adds their entries to my pokedex, but even if I own them, the entry is still blank. Even my party pokemon aren't in the pokedex.

Yikes. This appears to be a very old bug. I have added it to the first post, and will add it to the .zip file.
    I haven't seen this before, which is surprising because I imagine quite a few people use Ditto. For the record, this happens whenever a Ditto transforms into a pokemon with gravitate.

Have you tried reloading from a savestate, rather than from the game menu? The internal save data may be corrupted, but any save states you have will not break regardless.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Yikes. This appears to be a very old bug. I have added it to the first post, and will add it to the .zip file.
    I haven't seen this before, which is surprising because I imagine quite a few people use Ditto. For the record, this happens whenever a Ditto transforms into a pokemon with gravitate.

Have you tried reloading from a savestate, rather than from the game menu? The internal save data may be corrupted, but any save states you have will not break regardless.

I don't know how to do that, but in any case, I restarted and (playing at 5x speed for a good chunk) am more or less back to where I was. It's unfortunate that I played all the way back when there might have been a fix, but at least I know what to look out for now (and, happy accident, my team has better natures this time around anyways). Thanks for the update.

Years
  • this is by far my favorite hack. there are many reasons for this, but a big one is how easy it is to get a catching team early game. like: on route 103 there is zigzagoon with aimAssist; in petalburg woods there is scyther with falseSwipe, slakoth with yawn, and smeargle. this means before you even get to rustboro you can have a smeargle with falseSwipe+yawn alongside a pokemon that tripples catch rate. I love this. it lets me do dex completion at the same time as the story rather than afterwards.
    if I have any gripes, it's that if you do build a full living dex you will have near zero slots left in your pc boxes. I can't remember the exact number, but I think you only end up with all your boxes full except for the last one which has only two slots left. when I mathed this out a while back I was a bit disillusioned with finishing the dex. idk if it's possible, but if it is would you be able to expand the number of pc boxes the player has access to? even just one more box would be stellar. I just want to not need to have a separate playthrough for normal pokemoning, and dex completion.

glad you are back, I look forward to what's to come :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2021
    Hey. Was wondering if you would be open to creating a patch that just adds the defense boost of ice types in hail and/or make a short guide on how to do it? You will be credited. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2021
    Hi! Just picked this up a couple days ago and started playing properly today.

So far I've tried evolving Wurmple to Silcoon, then to Beautifly. Normally these evolutions are triggered at 7 and 10, but were instead first triggered at 8 and 11 (which also kept the Pokemon from being prompted to learn Harden or Absorb). Is it possible there's a rogue "+1" somewhere that messed with this?

I did a quick search of the thread and it seems a couple of others have had weirdness with level-up evolutions as well. Is this a bug you're aware of?

Thanks for the fun game; can't wait to keep playing!

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    Has anyone had any issues getting past gym 5? I went to go and battle Norman, however after battling the trainers in the gym, I went into talk to Norman to initiate the battle, and the conversation played that would normally play the first time you talk to Norman before you even have one badge. Additionally, you go through the Wally tutorial again (Wally even walks into the room that Norman and the player are in, however his sprite does not show up). As a result, Norman is put back in the first room of the gym, the doors behind him are locked, and Norman tells you that you have to collect the other four gym badges before battling him.

This seems like a simple oversight, or maybe even a mistake on my part, not sure what the deal is here.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2023
    The game itself seems to be very nice, too bad it's full of bugs, and some rather questionable aesthetic tastes (such as the Oldale town market hidden in the lower right corner of the city, without the possibility of joining it because now the real market is located in an underground floor of the pkmn center). Paths in my opinion full of useless details, the idea of ​​redesigning them is excellent, but perhaps without having to add the white borders to each meter that delimit the passage, it is unnatural and personally ugly to see.
    It's not possible to heal pokemon in Oldale Town pokn center, when you try to talk to the nurse she doesn't respond. Route 102 has a berry plant that if you interact with it, the game freezes. The text boxes in the overworld are nice, but during the fights they are horrible ... it's a shame because the game looks really promising, I hope a lot of things will be improved in the future

Years
  • Are you sure you patched to rom correctly Becnabor? It needs to be patched onto a clean rom of emerald (us version). I've been having a few bugs here and there. Surskit not evolving properly at lv 22 for example. But nothing gamebreaking.

Also the extra pokemart in oldale sells special items for later in the game. That's why it is locked off till you can surf.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2023
    So far I've tried evolving Wurmple to Silcoon, then to Beautifly. Normally these evolutions are triggered at 7 and 10, but were instead first triggered at 8 and 11 (which also kept the Pokemon from being prompted to learn Harden or Absorb). Is it possible there's a rogue "+1" somewhere that messed with this?

Can confirm this is also a thing with Shroomish, in this romhack it evolves into Breloom at level 24, rather than 23. Luckily in this Breloom doesn't have any moves it learns at level 23, so it isn't that serious an issue there.

Years
  • So far I've tried evolving Wurmple to Silcoon, then to Beautifly. Normally these evolutions are triggered at 7 and 10, but were instead first triggered at 8 and 11 (which also kept the Pokemon from being prompted to learn Harden or Absorb). Is it possible there's a rogue "+1" somewhere that messed with this?

Can also confirm this with Surskit. tried leveling to 22 with it as both the active pokemon and not the active pokemon in both trainer battles and wild. (did not try catch exp). no evolution triggered with any of them. I have not leveled it further, so idk if it evolves later at all.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    Anyone else getting a bug with Switcheroo? Everytime a trainer uses Switcheroo on me, my game crashes

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Ayee! Good job on the new release! Thought I'd drop by ask if you plan to add the instant battle function in the options menu like in emerald Enhanced or ROWE which are decomp hacks as well. I think it would sick considering it really up speed of the hack.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    I have a quick question. I went over to Pa'i canyon to try and get the life orb over there but despite translating the Braille puzzle, I still can't find where it is. Could you give me another possible hint as to what it means?

Back